Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Performance on low-end PCs

RerkaaaRerkaaa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
The graphics of a game matter a lot but what about when we have a low-pc?
I am currently playing the alpha with 7-15 fps and was wondering if there will be future updates in the alpha where performance options will be available such as view distance or spell effects. Or is that something that the team should not focus on this stage of the development?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    How low end is your computer?
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    How low end is your computer?

hamster_powered_computer_xsmall.jpg

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Just add another one to help this and would be ok, no ?
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    @Aerlana - bwahahahahahahahahaha! :D
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    SamsonSamson Member
    edited July 2021
    If you start putting aside about $2.75 a day for two years... you'll have enough money saved to purchase a $2,000 computer.
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    RavelRavel Member
    Rerkaaa wrote: »
    The graphics of a game matter a lot but what about when we have a low-pc?
    I am currently playing the alpha with 7-15 fps and was wondering if there will be future updates in the alpha where performance options will be available such as view distance or spell effects. Or is that something that the team should not focus on this stage of the development?

Who knows, but this what you need for alpha: https://support.ashesofcreation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048506033-What-are-the-minimum-requirements-for-Alpha-
    The verb, not the composer name.
  • Options
    From what i understand, Intrepid has not optimized the client side of the game, so I assume there will be increased performance before launch.