Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Slimes

AlzeidoAlzeido Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I know it may be a long way off but, can we please have slimes in Ashes? They're by far my favourite mob in any game and it would be the slime shaped cherry on top if we were to have slimes.
please?

Comments

• Options
    If Intrepid could find a way to fit some lore as to why slimes should exist, that would be great. Personally not a fan of slimes, i don't find a reason to be threatened by them besides they attack me. But if it makes sense in Verra, all's good imo.
  • Options
    AlzeidoAlzeido Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When asked on Facebook they said "we want slimes too! we will see what we can make!", so slimes almost confirmed!
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2022
    McShave wrote: »
    If Intrepid could find a way to fit some lore as to why slimes should exist, that would be great.

We have animated carnivorous fungi, why not animated carnivorous slime molds?

It fits perfectly with the warped plants and animals we've already seen in the game.

Or some other amoeboid, just made large and dangerous. The idea of "something we see in real life but twisted by Corruption and made dangerous" is already a major theme of the game.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I’d really like to see a gelatinous cube.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    McShave wrote: »
    If Intrepid could find a way to fit some lore as to why slimes should exist, that would be great. Personally not a fan of slimes, i don't find a reason to be threatened by them besides they attack me. But if it makes sense in Verra, all's good imo.

“Once an adult flanggler pollinates another adults flower the flanggler begins it next stage of metamorphosis. We watch as the body begins to melt away to form a living gelatinous slime that will feed on any creation foolish enough to fall in it’s goo. The pollinated flower slowly begins to form the eggs inside as the slime absorbs more nutrients until we finally see the flanggler slime step back into the pond it started its journey in. The flanggler slime now safely attached to some reeds in the pond like a sac of frog eggs reaches the end of its life cycle. The flanggler slime has now become nutrients for its dozen flangglerpoles who are taking their first swim as a new generation of flangglers start their life journey.”
  • Options
    Come on gelatinous cubes :3 with some decomposing misc items/bones inside
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited April 2022
    imagine if they did a 360 and makes slimes one of the harder mobs in the game :p since all other games they tend to be the weakest :P
  • Options
    Depending on their color, slimes could be quite formidable. Yours truly first battled them in Dragon Quest, for the NES.

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2022
    Depending on their color, slimes could be quite formidable. Yours truly first battled them in Dragon Quest, for the NES.

Metal slimes!!! :#

41RvXDntiwL.jpg?v=1600411912

It's like a Hershey's Kiss that wants to murder you.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A giant slime raid boss could be lots of fun.
    Many adds, HANDLE IT.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    I usually find slimes quite boring and simplistic, but i would really like the idea of shapeshifting slimes that when first attacked randomly assumes the form of a creature of it's same tier.
    (Normal slimes turns into random Normal monsters, Elite slimes turns into random Elite monsters and Raid Boss slimes turn into random Raid Boss monsters).
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options

tbh slimes should be immune to non magical weapons since it just go through them and they reform back :P willowisps in EQ1 was liek this and it was amusing cause it was rather hard to get a magical weapon early on so if you accidently hit one or you didnt know it was like an ofuck moment and u had to run to a nearby guard or zone line :D
  • Options
    A giant slime raid boss could be lots of fun.
    Many adds, HANDLE IT.

10 stages boss fight every 10% HP it looses it splits in half and the halfs then split again when they loose 10% :P so many slimes potentially if u tried to aoe them down :P instead of doinging them 1 by 1 :p lol
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Slimes sound cool! I suppose we will have to wait and see if they make an appearance in the game! ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Not a fan of slimes, mainly because in a D&D game back in the day I was slowly digested by one, my party couldn't get me out but I suspect the GM was taking the piss :) note: don't try to use a slime as a trampoline
  • Options
    ItsFayneItsFayne Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tbh, I kinda love slimes.
    7l7hsjx.png