Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Please change the appearance of the Dwarfs

13»

Comments

• Options
    afarafar Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    edited August 2021
    I believe that in russian mythology, what is translated to "dwarf" is way closer to a "gnome", but it's close to LOTR dwarves nevertheless. AOC dwarves make me think of dwarfism than korean mmorpgs tbh, not LOTR based mythological "dwarves", or gnomes who are mythical creatures OP wants AOC dwarves to look like. I hope it doesn't sound too complicated or worse patronising as it was not my intent. I know slavic folklore and dwarves there are basically gnomes, they don't look like people with dwarfism AT ALL (neither does LOTR) and I kinda get this vibe with AOC

краснолюд/краснал (red-man, translated to dwarf but actually gnome) and карлик (dwarf). OP used гном, literally gnome :) Gnomes in slavic mythology are again something different so this is a borrowed word..
  • Options
    afar wrote: »
    I believe that in russian mythology, what is translated to "dwarf" is way closer to a "gnome", but it's close to LOTR dwarves nevertheless. AOC dwarves make me think of dwarfism than korean mmorpgs tbh, not LOTR based mythological "dwarves", or gnomes who are mythical creatures OP wants AOC dwarves to look like. I hope it doesn't sound too complicated or worse patronising as it was not my intent. I know slavic folklore and dwarves there are basically gnomes, they don't look like people with dwarfism AT ALL (neither does LOTR) and I kinda get this vibe with AOC

краснолюд/краснал (red-man, translated to dwarf but actually gnome) and карлик (dwarf). OP used гном, literally gnome :) Gnomes in slavic mythology are again something different so this is a borrowed word..

How do you know so much hahahah. Because of the poor translation in books and movies, we have" dwarf "is your "dwarf", and the real " dwarf "is our"dwarf". I noticed that some people here do not understand why I said "Korean dwarves" because in Korean games , they often make an anime appearance, and especially all sorts of races of "kraliks" with big eyes and small hands and feet, in short, make them as cute as possible in appearance. I hope the translator coped well!
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am so proud of this thread and the many like it that got Intrepid to rethink those awful dwarfs.

Beyond excited to see the changes.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I am so proud of this thread and the many like it that got Intrepid to rethink those awful dwarfs.

here, ill be a repost andy.
    5l69mq.jpg
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2021
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

They've actually been working on it since December 2020, at least.
    Hopefully, just one month before we see a peek.
    I hope they show some comparisons with other races.
  • Options
    They have listened my friend.

unknown.png
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Looks great
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold.Hammers High!
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The back looks awesome.
    Still, size comparisons with other races would be nice.
    Probably won't see that before the November LiveStream.