Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Internet usage

Has there already been a post on internet usage? I remember WoW requiring something like 40mb an hour, while Destiny using like close to 300 an hour. I'm asking because not only am I retired mitary but I am also a park ranger. So when between traveling and working in parks I rely on mobile hotspots pretty often, and am I'm looking for a new system/plan. Any advice would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    GrilledCheeseMojitoGrilledCheeseMojito Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Since things are changing pretty rapidly on the network backend side as Intrepid develops the game, it's hard to get a clear answer on this as the actual network use may change in unpredictable ways. That said, during Alpha 2 I think one or more of us could run a network monitor (something like AppNetworkCounter for example) and give you a ballpark estimate of what you'd need, though you'd likely expect the amount to get bigger for release.
    Grilled cheese always tastes better when you eat it together!
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have played the Alpha tethered from my phone at work. The game seemed to run fine on my laptop. I was looking more at how well the game ran on a phone connection and a laptop, and not as much at the bandwidth consumption per hour.

Since the game was running fine, I did not dig into the weeds with mb per hour numbers. Seeing this post, I wish I did.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Yeah, rocking mobile hotspots without an unlimited plan really puts a damper on things. Luckily I've found a source for a new system that will work with traveling and living in a van. @Vhaeyne were you playing on a 4g or 5g connection?
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    4g. I am not the type of person to have the newest phone.

I don't think I will see 5g until at least 2024. Unless this phone breaks or something.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I have played the Alpha tethered from my phone at work.

Can we trade jobs?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/