Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Community Project - Time to get involved. (updated with deadline date)

ZiiZii Moderator, Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
Hey Glorious Ashes of Creation Community.

Yesterday I started a little project, one the whole community can join in with, if they would like :)
Its actually grown pretty quickly, 108 people have joined in so far, and another 56 have taken an interest.

If you would like to take part, please contact me via DM on the AOC discord - Zii#2633.

The final part of this project is actually being kept secret, so please, if you wish to join in DM me.
UPDATE: deadline is Friday 10th September
Cheers
Zii x
volunteer_moderator.gif

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2021
    I am not going to help with a project I know nothing about. If the final part is a secret that may be okay. Asking the community to participate in something with zero details other than participate numbers is crazy to me. Do all of these participants* know nothing? Are 57 people blindly participating? Is this a scam of some sort?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2021
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I am not going to help with a project I know nothing about. If the final part is a secret that may be okay. Asking the community to participate in something with zero details other than participate numbers is crazy to me. Do all of these participates know nothing? Are 57 people blindly participating? Is this a scam of some sort?

It is 100% a scam, and nobody should participate /s
    ;)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2021
    This is how people get tricked into buying time shares. B)

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    I’m only going to join if he’s a Nigerian prince.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I am not going to help with a project I know nothing about. If the final part is a secret that may be okay. Asking the community to participate in something with zero details other than participate numbers is crazy to me. Do all of these participants* know nothing? Are 57 people blindly participating? Is this a scam of some sort?

No no this is a 100% legit operation. Ziii, being a moderator, has access to certain consumables in Ashes, and she is trying to set up an organization where people buy access to these consumables. They also get bonus consumables from all the people they recruit into this organization, and a little from all the people recruited two layers below them. It's like a reverse trickle down economy, which means it works.

OR, you could just message Zii on discord and find out what it is about you know. :smile: I am a happy participant.
  • Options
    This sounds suspiciously triangle-shaped.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Fozzik wrote: »
    This sounds suspiciously triangle-shaped.

I was thinking of more of a "Reverse funnel system".
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I put in $1000 and once 200 other people put in $1000, I will get a check for $10000. Totally legit!

JK @Zii but for real, give some more info.
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »

Seriously too, just hit her up on discord and you'll get more info and understand more. :smile:
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nerror wrote: »

Seriously too, just hit her up on discord and you'll get more info and understand more. :smile:

Why should we need to hit up a forums moderator about something that they posted on said forum in any part of the internet other than that same forum?
  • Options
    O_O Asheshattan project O_O
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    Nerror wrote: »

Why should we need to hit up a forums moderator about something that they posted on said forum in any part of the internet other than that same forum?

Because she asked us to? It's most likely an easier interface for what she needs. Holy shit man, do some of you think this is something sinister or what? Fine, PM her here if you want I guess and maybe she'll answer, maybe not. Or don't participate if it is that scary or difficult for you.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Are we playing Among Us now? Red is sus.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You can trust Zii!

Come to the engine room and see.

alone if you can.

o:)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    I've already participated -- if any more info was given away it wouldn't be a surprise to Intrepid then. It has nothing to do with money or consumables in any way. When it IS revealed some of you gonna look real sus for making a fuss about it haha

OR Zii really is an evil mastermind ... can never be too sure.
  • Options
    XerheartXerheart Member
    edited September 2021
    I don't get why some of you are so upset. It is extremely common to use discord and other communication platforms in conjunction with gaming and forums. Adding someone on discord will not steal your identity and if the person then asks you for personal info or sends bait for a scam on discord, then you just...block them? Or do you not trust discord? If so then idk what I can tell you.

They are also a forum moderator and they are part of the official AoC discord too, does that not lend at least slight credibility? Again, you should be able to discern whether it's a scam or not, when they message you on discord.

I would get it if they were saying, "Hey sign up for this $5 package we are doing for Intrepid, then we will tell you". But they are literally just asking you to communicate with them on discord, nothing else.

And if it really bothers you so much to use discord...then just move on? I don't see why they have to follow your preferences? They are asking if you are interested in an optional event, not demanding your action. Obviously, it sucks to not have someone communicate with your preference, I get that, but a lot of people are fine with Discord.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Xerheart wrote: »
    I don't get why some of you are so upset. It is extremely common to use discord and other communication platforms in conjunction with gaming and forums. Adding someone on discord will not steal your identity and if the person then asks you for personal info or sends bait for a scam on discord, then you just...block them? Or do you not trust discord? If so then idk what I can tell you.

They are also a forum moderator and they are part of the official AoC discord too, does that not lend at least slight credibility? Again, you should be able to discern whether it's a scam or not, when they message you on discord.

I would get it if they were saying, "Hey sign up for this $5 package we are doing for Intrepid, then we will tell you". But they are literally just asking you to communicate with them on discord, nothing else.

And if it really bothers you so much to use discord...then just move on? I don't see why they have to follow your preferences? They are asking if you are interested in an optional event, not demanding your action. Obviously, it sucks to not have someone communicate with your preference, I get that, but a lot of people are fine with Discord.

Ok
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't get why some of you are so upset.

I think only 2 people showed any legitimate concern with the request. Most of us were joking about it, which should have been obvious.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    I don't get why some of you are so upset.

I think only 2 people showed any legitimate concern with the request. Most of us were joking about it, which should have been obvious.

That is who the comment was directed at :)
  • Options
    ZiiZii Moderator, Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    updated with deadline :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif