Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Orc (Renkai) Feedback

KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I honestly love the direction Intrepid is taking with the Renkai Orcs! I was definitely nervous when we saw how skinny the dwarves were but that seems to be on the right path as well. Great job Intrepid!

Obviously there is still a lot of work still needing to be done to meet Stevens standards but damn, this is exciting stuff.

Comments

• Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited September 2021
    The style of these renkai orcs reminds me of Oni/ogre from Japanese mythology but without the horns. It's interesting for sure.

Like this fan art from from the Goblin Slayer anime.

unknown.png
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I missed the stream. They are going oni? If the short female version looks good.... That might actually put in some tough competition with Nikua >.>
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited September 2021
    JustVine wrote: »
    I missed the stream. They are going oni? If the short female version looks good.... That might actually put in some tough competition with Nikua >.>
    We just got these for now as it wasn't planned. Steven saw me ask for orcs and delivered. XD
    unknown.png

unknown.png

5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    Thanks as always Sathrago

• Options
    I like them so far
    I wish I could see some renderings with armor...
    And I hope there are more colors than just green or red. Maybe some black white brown grey options too?
  • Options
    Steven had also mentioned the Orcs will stand noticeably taller than Humans, and that this model was mid-range height. It'll be neat to see just how much bigger.

Am hoping to avoid rolling yet another Human, in this MMO! For some reason I've not been very racially curious about other races, in previous MMO's.

• Options
    Steven had also mentioned the Orcs will stand noticeably taller than Humans, and that this model was mid-range height. It'll be neat to see just how much bigger.

Am hoping to avoid rolling yet another Human, in this MMO! For some reason I've not been very racially curious about other races, in previous MMO's.

An orc with long curly locks.......

• Options

An orc with long curly locks.......

Google it. You will be surprised. Here's a sneak peek.

1bce01aff52915add3f044e79e9573b2.png
  • Options
    ashoneashone Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    red and green are great, but I would kind of like a third option of a non traditional color. personally I' d kind of like a purple or a blue .
  • Options
    ashone wrote: »
    red and green are great, but I would kind of like a third option of a non traditional color. personally I' d kind of like a purple or a blue .

Lol
    I was thinking that too, but didn't want to scare people. Maybe they could do more of those off color palates for the vek orcs
  • Options
    Red and Blue are traditional oni colors. Green a traditional orc color. Let's just have them all >.> Red and green Renkai and Blue and Yellow Vek.

• Options
    Red and Green orc's.. reminds me of a holiday theme :smile:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Instead of ren'kai we can call them Christ'mas Orcs :smile:
    or Fest'iv Orcs :smile:
  • Options
    Red and Blue are traditional oni colors. Green a traditional orc color. Let's just have them all >.> Red and green Renkai and Blue and Yellow Vek.

I hope they'll get some Oni themed face too
  • Options
    Uncommon SenseUncommon Sense Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2021
    Orcs and Dwarfs sharing common ground
    8OT4Mci.jpg
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah I like 'em overall. Both the Ren'Kai and the new dwarfs are more muscular than I thought they would be actually. I like we get a big race in the Ren'Kai.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited September 2021
    I’m a fan. I like that there is going to be some good diversity of shapes, sizes, and colors across the player base. Funny enough I was also like ‘what about blue and purple??’ when Steven was talking about orc colors.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    If there is somehow a way to get an orange skin tone without making it look like that shitty candy that only bi-polar people eat....that would be awesome! Purple, blue, green, red. . . might as well throw me a bone and give me orange! Especially If those pathetic tulnar get to choose other variations, why not!?
  • Options
    I really don't understand the hate for tulnar?...
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

A Tulnar sympathizer, AFTER HIM!
    giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=ecf05e47zddfifv44rjx8cpwe5fv1j022spm70oldsd4kt5c&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=g
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=ecf05e47zddfifv44rjx8cpwe5fv1j022spm70oldsd4kt5c&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=g

Well damn.

But seriously though, why?
  • Options
    The radical exclusionary forces are that way for a,simple primal reason. They are speciesist. They think that because the gods did not 'save' them they are somehow inferior. Utter rubbish. For we are all children of the gods. Some of us were just destined to adapt to the changes enforced on our birth right. For who better to make repopulation possible than keeping ancient and new knowledge available through Tulnar.

The exclusionists want us to forget. To squander this blessing of compassion and long suffering our brethren give us. A gift from the gods. You ask why? They feel inferior and jealous. Or worse that ugly relic of ancient past. Xenophobic tribalism and hatred. We don't tolerate this behavior between elf and dwarf or orc and human in proper society. Any who do are obviously and rightfully shamed as barbaric racists.

Heed my call. Rebuke these vile exclusionists for the threat to society they are. For we need all intelligent races of Verra to rid this world of corruption. Our enemies are brutish and vile. Give in to the exclusionists and soon dwarf and elf start refusing to live amongst eachother and orc and humanat each other's throats. Our foes WILL target our petty weakness if we succumb.

Should we admit to the gods their gifts are squandered on us? I say no.

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I really like the Ren’Kai, so much I intend to play one as my main.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Well damn.

It's fun bro. Join in.

DEATH TO TULNAR!

The very essence of the Tulnar IS weakness! I shall rise to the occasion and rid Verra of them forever! The battlefield will be littered with the heads of the weak. Blood and flesh will fill the rivers and the crows will eat a plenty. @JustVine speaks of gifts from the gods. HA! The only gift given was that of my blade and it was from no god. It was forged by the very hands of the Renkai men and women taking arms and standing at my side. War is coming and the land is ripe! I expect to take my share!
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2021

It's not hate. It is jealousy.

Finally got time to watch the stream. The Ren'ki look like mini Hulks and just as bright.

"Rawr Ren'ki smash!!
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »

Well damn.

It's fun bro. Join in.

I mean, I figured it was just for funsies... But I was just trying to figure out why they were the Target... Like in wow when people pick on the vulpera I understand, cause reasons... So I was wondering if it was the same thing.

Personally I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of character creator options they have. I hope I can make a dark elf somehow.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I mean, I figured it was just for funsies... But I was just trying to figure out why they were the Target... Like in wow when people pick on the vulpera I understand, cause reasons... So I was wondering if it was the same thing.
    Since we haven’t seen any info about them, no concept art or anything, just vague silhouettes, they can look like anything. They might be awesome or might suck. They’re like Schrodinger’s Catgirl at the moment. I think that makes them easy targets for ridicule.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Schrodinger's catgirl
    Lulz
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @Sathrago that oni looks awesome. Goblin Slayer Season 2, 2022 apparently.

@JustVine I was thinking about colours for the Vek as they're celestial inspired. Could see those purple/blue tones. Yellow could be cool too. Apparently they're "goblin-esque" according to their wiki. Height is somewhere between Vaelune and Dunir.. lol
  • Options
    I like it.

Simple and in the classic orc spirit.

Tolkein would be happy --> I'm happy.