Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Dev Discussion #35 - Character Inspection
Glorious Ashes community - it's time for another Dev Discussion! Dev Discussion topics are kind of like a "reverse Q&A" - rather than you asking us questions about Ashes of Creation, we want to ask YOU what your thoughts are.
Our design team has compiled a list of burning questions we'd love to get your feedback on regarding gameplay, your past MMO experiences, and more. Join in on the Dev Discussion and share what makes gaming special to you!
Dev Discussion - Character Inspection
What are your thoughts around character and gear inspection, particularly as it relates to settings and options? Should you have the option to allow or disallow others from inspecting your character? Why or why not?
Keep an eye out for our next Dev Discussion topic regarding User Interface!
UPDATE: Greetings friends - thank you all again for taking the time to join in on this discussion! After putting together a recap for our team, check out some of the top notes you shared with us below:
- Many players feel that should inspecting be added, they would like the ability to toggle it off and on or have a ‘request to inspect’ system with the option of automatic denial and acceptance.
- There are players who do not want their gear to be inspected for many reasons, such as concerns for inclusivity and PvP advantages.
- While some players do not want their gear to be inspected, many would like to see it implemented in a completely open, totally free inspection based system.
- A few players backed the idea of making inspection a skill that can be leveled up, unlocking additional inspection features through progression.
- Some players desire a proximity based inspection system that notifies the individual upon inspection.
While many people shared many wonderful ideas, there was one that stood out in particular:
The game is not a FPS Shooter with a kill cam thank the sandal god