Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

So.... Squid Game Dungeon?

Normally, yours truly can't sit through foreign media - the voice-over dubbing is typically a real turn-off. I was hooked with the first gunshot, however!

Anyone else want to see some kind of big-player/elimination type of dungeon, though? Seems like a neat idea for an MMO dungeon - even if the actual Squid Game series is really, REALLY brutal.

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think in Ashes the squid game will be the military node mayoral arena fights. 12 per year, 1 a month unless things have changed. You don't even have to win. The thrill will be in the combat and elimination.

I'm not too versed on the squid game but
    I've heard it's on Netflix I think. I understand you want to be a healer but in the mayorial arena you can have a champion. Hopefully a lot of contestants can enter and get whittled down to the last person.

I believe you must be a citizen of the military node though, not everyone's preferred node type. Ive heard you can also arm your champion. The whole process will be fun, brutal, educational and thrilling. Not sure how many I will enter but I do try everything at least once. Hence how I got hooked on MMOs.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Normally, yours truly can't sit through foreign media - the voice-over dubbing is typically a real turn-off. I was hooked with the first gunshot, however!

Anyone else want to see some kind of big-player/elimination type of dungeon, though? Seems like a neat idea for an MMO dungeon - even if the actual Squid Game series is really, REALLY brutal.

Oh man, never watch with dubbing. Original language with subtitles all day. Much better :smile:

Anyway, on topic, yes, I actually think this could be a great thing. Not for launch probably, but down the line in an expansion, heck yeah!
  • Options
    @Tyranthraxus, if the majority votes to stop the elimination dungeon … does the event end … ?

B)
  • Options
    I find it so funny how K-Drama got so popular on Netflix just cause they got their first English Dub show. (Squid Game) And now everyone talk about it XD
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    I think in Ashes the squid game will be the military node mayoral arena fights. 12 per year, 1 a month unless things have changed. You don't even have to win. The thrill will be in the combat and elimination....

Aye! I'm still hoping we'll have the chance to watch some of these fights - instead of just hearing about the winner. Arenas are a very fun-sounding system. Yours truly doesn't normally get into the PvP activities of a lot of games - but I'm oddly looking forward to it, in Aoc!

In thinking back, I can't recall any "competitive" dungeons, in any previous games I've played. There's *timed* challenges and dungeons, but I just can't think of any competitive ones.

• Options
    An king of the hill jumping puzzle dungeon