Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What race and class will you play?

Comments

• EphemereEphemere Member, Founder
    I actually JUST finished watching this exact video before jumping on here and seeing this post.
    (*wanting to know more intensifies*)
    I tend to lean toward tank side, so I might consider nightshield, paladin, or straight guardian.
    Curious to see what might end up popular and what ends up being niche.
    I guess we really have to see how well these class roles actually present themselves in-game, even then I'm sure tweaks and adjustments will be regular over time, as long as BALANCE is key, so META flavor-of-the week doesn't become a thing.
  • ReydanReydan Member
    edited November 2021
    Ephemere wrote: »
    I actually JUST finished watching this exact video before jumping on here and seeing this post.
    (*wanting to know more intensifies*)
    I tend to lean toward tank side, so I might consider nightshield, paladin, or straight guardian.
    Curious to see what might end up popular and what ends up being niche.
    I guess we really have to see how well these class roles actually present themselves in-game, even then I'm sure tweaks and adjustments will be regular over time, as long as BALANCE is key, so META flavor-of-the week doesn't become a thing.

Thanks for watching, and yeah, can't wait for more details on all the 64 classes!
  • AshesCreationAshesCreation Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Personally, I plan to play a Dwarf, but as far as classes go its a tossup between Bard primary or Fighter. really want to see how the bard ends up playing.
  • Personally, I plan to play a Dwarf, but as far as classes go its a tossup between Bard primary or Fighter. really want to see how the bard ends up playing.

Bard is a really interesting class for sure, can't wait to see it in the game as well!
  • Too many options and too little information to really decide but a highsword sounds like a posssible fun combo or the ranger/rogue or ranger/fighter combos. As far as race goes I may play tulnar if you can make them small as hell so I am harder to hit or a dwarf for similar reasons. Only reason I would play human is for racials or if I end up making an RP guild where everyone RPs as space marines from 40k and we all kill anyone who isnt human while screaming "FOR THE EMPEROR!" lmao
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Dwarf/Fighter for me - that is really what I always play in games that the race is available. I am pretty curious to see race stat profiles though.

I am sure that without a doubt the optimal Fighter race will be Orcs….but I am hoping that Dwarf is up there. I think they will surely be among, if not the best Tanks, but I would like to think that that will make them competitive Fighters as well.

My plan is to be pure Fighter, so Weapon Master…but I suppose I am open to the idea of rotating my secondary choice between other options for group needs, whatever those may be. 100% my base choice will be Fighter, though.

I am a little concerned that the damage meta, if one exists, will end up being ranged DPS if melee doesn't have some kind of decent damage mitigations like spell reflect, or slows like hamstring.

Very curious to see how all of this is balanced both initially and over time, but in the end my choice will always be Dwarf…what can I say, first Tolkien sold me on the race, then Warhammer solidified it.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tulnar / mage. I usually main a mage or healer. I like the direction of the mage so far in the Alpha 1 as well will be interesting to see how they play out long term.

All the cool kids will be playing Tulnar.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Tulnar shadowmancer, animal husbandry/taming
    Thinking of playing in the underrealm in scientific node cooking up some creepy abomntions to release on verra
  • Py'rai shadowlord, I like to think that the summoner augments for the rogue will be what the name implies, a shadow lord. So when you vanish or go stealth, a shadow appears to distract enemies.
  • Tigly wrote: »
    Py'rai shadowlord, I like to think that the summoner augments for the rogue will be what the name implies, a shadow lord. So when you vanish or go stealth, a shadow appears to distract enemies.

"Shadow clone jutsu"