Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node citizenship supersedes everything, including guild and family.

124»

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2022
    Azryil wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    JustVine wrote: »
    Remind everyone why you repeatedly bring up Dygz playing Wiz101 again?

Community protection.

Though I disagree with nearly everything Dygz says, I don't think bringing up that he plays a child centric game is really relevant or necessary in the context of AoC discussions.

To each their own.

What I wll say is, if he want's to take a cheap shot at me, I'll respond.

Some may not find it relevant, and that's fine. However, as a response, just pointing out that he plays that game was enough for me to get a warning - so he must have complained about it.

The resulting discussion from it (which is on JustVine, not me) also caused him to have to justify his position in playing it, stating that many adults play the game with younger family members (note; he does not play it with younger family members).

So, all up, as a response to a cheap shot from him, I am quite happy with it.

If you wish to disagree with that, as above, to each their own.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »
    Caww wrote: »
    This node vs guild thing is gonna be somewhat difficult for people who don't want to join a guild or a node until they have experienced game play for awhile and are then comfortable making a decision. But by then they may have made some progress in an area node and losing whatever the benefits are to travel across the map to join a guilds' node is going to feel like a penalty for waiting to decide, atleast it seems it could be.

My assumption is that until/unless you gain citizenship in a node, you won't feel too committed to anything, and moving to a different node won't be a big deal. That's just a guess though. You don't gain things like titles, or Repuation/Honor/Loyalty/Merit until you are a citizen. So, I don't think you lose much by moving to another node.
    Might lose out on having an open world Node house. Might not be something such a player cares about, though.

• Options
    its GOOD to be a citizen above anything else but FAMILY is something else , the problem is , you cant really make it work in a game

UNLESS you limit who you can be in a family with, like this :
    limit the race of family members to match each other
    dont let the different enemies by default become joined by family (or guild really)
    and few more that i cant think of right now.
    only then a family can work well. as a concept

notice i didnt say they should limit citizenship or guilds or classes or religion.