Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tulnar and the moon

AlyxaviorAlyxavior Member
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
Suggestion:

Please allow for the option to create Tulnar that have two forms that change depending upon the phase of the moon.

You set new moon look as A, then create a new look for full moon B

During the moon phases, then, your character will slowly morph between A and B

This would be purely a cosmetic alteration.

Comments

• Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    I'm curious to see what the Tulnar lore is, and if this would be supported by lore or not! Tulnar are a very unique race with rich and deep lore, I wonder if something like this could make sense and work :O unique idea, for sure!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    If the direct lore doesn't support it, maybe a quest chain that unlocks the ability after reaching a specific level of friendship with the Vek due to the combination of Verra magic and Vek knowledge.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vaknar wrote: »
    I'm curious to see what the Tulnar lore is, and if this would be supported by lore or not! Tulnar are a very unique race with rich and deep lore, I wonder if something like this could make sense and work :O unique idea, for sure!

Aww, they don't tell you anything either huh? Hang in their buddy.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    I could do without another werewolf origin story. I would prefer something different.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    I could do without another werewolf origin story. I would prefer something different.

Where does it say that Tulnar are wolves or must be wolves? If you can choose the two visuals, it could be anything available through the character creation process.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2022
    It cant be worse than esos lizards and cats transforming into wereWOLVES
  • Options
    Alyxavior wrote: »

Where does it say that Tulnar are wolves or must be wolves? If you can choose the two visuals, it could be anything available through the character creation process.

That's not what I was talking about. I am referring to the "Fullmoon curse that turns x into monster." Story.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ain't even got the one Tulnar form, yet.
    Heck! We ain't even got Orcs, yet.

I call scope creep.
  • Options
    BoanergeseBoanergese Member
    edited January 2022

How about you change into a furry on the weekends?

noble-knight-costume.jpg

5147ba465793158cd24946ad39c89d9b.jpg
  • Options
    Boanergese wrote: »
    How about you change into a furry on the weekends?

I think he's trying to suggest something that doesn't already happen in real life :blush:

This is a fun idea! Maybe with the seasons or in different phases of Verra's moon (or moons!), certain Tulnar could exhibit a physical change. It doesn't have to be drastic: Fur-based ones could exhibit a change in fur-color, scaly ones might see their scales stand out at angles instead of lying flat, amphibious ones could get more or less bumps on their skin.

/Support!

• Options
    I don't know about two whole different forms, but I could definitely see some extra toggles.

Maybe adding bioluminescence effects while they are in the dark?
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    I'd rather this be sold as an expensive skin on the in game shop.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Suggestion:

Please allow for the option to create Tulnar that have two forms that change depending upon the phase of the moon.

Tulnar? Dont they live underground or something? Why would the moon impact them in any way shape or form?
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Marzzo wrote: »
    Suggestion:

Tulnar? Dont they live underground or something? Why would the moon impact them in any way shape or form?

I know:
    Moonburn
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    I know:
    Moonburn

Would we need Aloe Verra for that?
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    Suggestion:

I know:
    Moonburn

Having them explode in fire if they come into contact with sunlight could be cool.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Having them explode in fire if they come into contact with sunlight could be cool. [/quote]

Come give us a hug. Somewhere close to high noon. :*
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited January 2022
    Having them explode in fire if they come into contact with sunlight could be cool.
    Come give us a hug. Somewhere close to high noon. :*

Honestly it would make me want to play a tulnar. My last dnd character was a pheonix sorcerer/stormborn barbarian Scourge Aasimar. Basically when i went into combat my character would explode in fire, lightning, and pure divine power as auras of damage. I didnt use weapons because punching with my fist dealt more damage.
  • Options
    I can't imagine a racial where it explodes in fire, though.

I am definitely more wanting a cosmetic only suggestion here. It wouldn't change the playstyle at all in terms of combat and such.
  • Options
    EvyxEvyx Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm GENUINELY excited and curious about Tulnar -- I see all the other race previews but Tulnar has to be the #1 biggest on my list I want to know way more about.