Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Special moves of each race ( RP and visual)

MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
edited April 2022 in General Discussion
The mounts have special movements that characterize them, so why not the races?

For example :
  • Ren'kai every time he kills someone he can put a mark on his skin as a symbol of pride, if he dies the marks go away.
  • Dünir: Every time he collects certain minerals he can summon a barrel of beer to drink alone or share with friends.

This could be applied to the different 64 characters of each race.

What other special moves would you put on the races you are going to play??
EDym4eg.png

Comments

• Options
    LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    There are racial augments, which you can use to alter your base skills. Both of your examples could be achieved through those, but the kind of things you suggest could also be achieved via other systems, such as the tattoo system or social emote system.
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Options
    I like your suggestion of non combat enhancing racial benefits.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    I like the general idea, yeah. Some non-combat fluff based on ingame performance metrics.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    haha that Ren'kai idea is awesome
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    maouw wrote: »
    haha that Ren'kai idea is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-64q4HpZyaY
    Too much potential for death scars
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited February 2022
    Eso build the most boring character postures I have ever seen. Then charged money for something better.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited February 2022
    Interesting idea @MybroViajero and also great observation @Lex ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Eso build the most boring character postures I have ever seen. Then charged money for something better.

And we paid! We paid, dammit...! :(
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited February 2022
    daveywavey wrote: »

And we paid! We paid, dammit...! :(

You paid, my little collector. I was just fine with the "iddle animation" addon.

On another note, I hope IS trully does the development and blocks all 3rd pt programms, banning whoever gets caught using them.
  • Options
    Every time someone kill a Tulnar and angel gets its wings!

Wait! Do'h.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    I think Dunir should be able to place a pony keg that anyone can drink from for 5 min with a 10 min cooldown. Throughout their adventures they can learn new types of beer to drop. There’s an achievement for all players to get drunk from all the different types of Dunir brew.

We dwarves build community. Happy, hung-over community.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Drinking the beer could give you a combination of + and - buffs.

For example, beer brewed by dwarf 'Bud' could give you +1 strength and -1 speed for 10 minutes. Beer brewed by the higher-level crafting/cooking dwarf named 'IPA' could give you +2 strength, -1 speed and -1 dexterity for 10 minutes.

Each additional drink would add another +1 to strength but twice the negative buffs until eventually you can neither move nor have the dexterity to equip a weapon, but you feel strong as Superman.
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »
    Drinking the beer could give you a combination of + and - buffs.

For example, beer brewed by dwarf 'Bud' could give you +1 strength and -1 speed for 10 minutes. Beer brewed by the higher-level crafting/cooking dwarf named 'IPA' could give you +2 strength, -1 speed and -1 dexterity for 10 minutes.

Each additional drink would add another +1 to strength but twice the negative buffs until eventually you can neither move nor have the dexterity to equip a weapon, but you feel strong as Superman.

4w9HiS4.jpg
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    Percimes wrote: »
    Every time someone kill a Tulnar and angel gets its wings!

Wait! Do'h.

It seems fair and necessary.
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    I would love to see more of this kind of racial traits, they really add a layer of cultural immersion to it, i think if it is well developed people would really be more RP driven when making they're character which will only make the world better and more immersive. i would love to see more of this skills be discussed this is a great idea.
    Great thinking! <3
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Bards could have something like this as a special move.
    It could be individual or group.
    It could be songs to encourage the teams, war songs, melodies, etc.
    A good potential RP for bards.
    EDym4eg.png