Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 2

I am very excited to play Alpha 2.
I feel like a kid going on holiday again, asking my parents how many miles to go.
Surly sometime this year ?
Can't you do a Alpha 2 open day were we get to play for 24 hours, im not even bothered if it consists of lagging & disconnecting all day either, as long as we get a taste & obviously you will benefit from the data received. ( slip that in )
Just so it doesn't sound like a me me me post.
I tell you what i know about Dwarf's.
Very little

Comments

• Options
    I think you know the answer but are hoping that a miracle might happen. We have no range for release of Alpha 2. We can all make estimates, I think I might be optimistic in suggesting we might see A2 by Christmas this year, but alot also think next year.

But unfortunately you won't find they just pop a random A2 day, because you will get very little valuable data in such a small period regardless. And they still haven't got all features ready for Alpha 2, thus the sparsity of information on A2.

In addition, you will have to have paid for an A2 key to get access anyway.

Last thing you want is for them to rush it out because not only will we be punished with a more buggy mess, void of features we expect, but they won't be able to get all the data want as they will have to withhold features, or release things in a premature state.
  • Options
    Bubble broken ....
  • Options
    We have each monthly dev update to look forward to, and I do get excited for the sneak peaks at stuff they are working on and watch the game grow. I expect to see the new revamped combat a lot earlier than alpha 2 launch, and at some point they will be doing spot testing to try out different things (also before open alpha 2).
  • Options
    I believe we will see Alpha 2 in late Q3 with Q4 the latest thanks to UE5.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    if we will be able to go to lvl 35 in alpha 2 (thanks steven for the slip up) then its safe to assume its to test the archetype system which means we need 8 classes +the augmented changes OR at the very least we need 9 archtypes - tank+tank/tank+mage/tank+cleric/mage+tank etc.. not to mention if they decide to rework those existing class abilities.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yep. All of that has been the plan for Alpha 2.
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think if they were planning A2 for this year they would have announced a quarter already. So I highly doubt we will see it this year.
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    I don't know if we will have alpha 2 this year, but I do know that they have hired more workers for the studio, the more they hire, the faster the development will be.
    According to Steven, we may see progress in the combat system in 1-2 months.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Haha!
    And you still have faith in Steven’s time estimates??!!??
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Let's remember that we got a video from intrepid called early alpha 1 preview in spring 2020. We didn't play alpha 1 until summer 2021. When we get the "early alpha 2 preview" video it will probably still be a ways off
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Spot testing is much more likely. Given their current progress and chosen course of priority (graphics and races) winter might be a possibility in a limited fashion depending on progress in systems design while they have been doing all this graphics work.

Then again that was my expectation before UE5. That was also an expectation based on thinking that Jeff would have had a replacement by now.

Given they pulled back on showing off the character creator two months in a row I am starting to doubt it will happen this year. If they delay the creator preview again I would be interested in how much of this is a lack of Jeff problem vs a UE5 being harder to work with than anticipated problem.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    RitchieSHRitchieSH Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2022
    Roko wrote: »
    I think if they were planning A2 for this year they would have announced a quarter already. So I highly doubt we will see it this year.

I think they just don't want to make the same mistakes with Alpha 1 and have to keep pushing the date back until they are set in stone. So I havent ruled out 2022 yet :smile:
    Subscribe to RitchieSH. You know you want to
  • Options
    They want the data that alpha 2 will provide to continue developing some of the actual systems so I'm sensing something sooner (this year) rather than later. They could also change their minds and do a non-persistent run and I would be happy with that for a bit.
  • Options
    How about we just release it as open Beta like everyone else and get this party started?
  • Options
    There is no way alpha 2 will be released this year, not if they plan to implement all the systems listed on the wiki. Naval content, iterated combat system, augmentations, all artisan classes, lvl 5 nodes are not even implemented now.

Maybe there will be some spot testing or pre-alpha 2 test but no way alpha 2 will be released this year.

If they intend to stick to this plan, then they have a long way to go.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-2
  • Options
    I just don't mind how long it takes; However long it takes is long enough - it's just important that they get it right!

Yours truly is in the pool of watching so VERY many games rush to launch, and crash-and-burn, as a result. New World's probably the latest example. It *looked* unique and amazing, but they didn't play-test it NEARLY enough, and made too many systems client-sided, instead of server-sided. There's just such a fatal number of still-as-of-yet un-resolved bugs.

• Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tulima wrote: »
    There is no way alpha 2 will be released this year, not if they plan to implement all the systems listed on the wiki. Naval content, iterated combat system, augmentations, all artisan classes, lvl 5 nodes are not even implemented now.

Maybe there will be some spot testing or pre-alpha 2 test but no way alpha 2 will be released this year.

If they intend to stick to this plan, then they have a long way to go.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-2

Idk, they have made it sound in the past like the Alpha 2 would have a progressive launch of systems to make testing easier and the launch sooner. If they get a working model of combat, augments, and crafting, it might release then. I don't think that will be this year at their current visible progress rate but there is a lot we don't know about behind the scenes.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    It's been nearly 2 years since i wrote this post, & still not even a sniff of a testing Alpha 2 :'(
    Got to be soon surly to God.
    I tell you what i know about Dwarf's.
    Very little
  • Options
    DeadlyDave wrote: »
    It's been nearly 2 years since i wrote this post, & still not even a sniff of a testing Alpha 2 :'(

Q3 2024.
  • Options
    DeadlyDave wrote: »

Have you not been paying attention?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited January 11

i think it will come out between the 9th and 15th of july. They said it be Q3 and there a few reason for the reasoning behind those dates :)
  • Options
    Veeshan wrote: »

Dear Narc the Copium-Messiah (lol) had something ticking in his Twitch Stream a few Hours ago.

Something like ) ) )171 Days, 3 Hours, 27Minutes ( ( ( until Alpha Two and so on.

Let's assume for a Moment he knows the absolutely correct Date.
    Minus the 11 Days (and now like +One-and-a-half Hours where i live),

Would make this a full 181 or 182 Days if we would be at January first, right ?

So.
    That means -> Second or Third of July would be the accurate Date. What would "STILL" be earlier than what i was expecting and hoping for.

Now, if we only would have an official Statement somewhere ... ... ... ;-3
    jcildf8jglv5.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »

Dear Narc the Copium-Messiah (lol) had something ticking in his Twitch Stream a few Hours ago.

That's your first error. Don't mistake anything he says as fact.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Narc is top of the list for knowing nothing about anything going on. fvcjxebn5zhw.jpg

lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Hmmmmm.

Why does he make such a Claim in the first Place, i wonder ?
    I admire his Desire for a more or less quick Alpha Two, though. (lol)

You're right. No Idea if he is right or not.

l4xmzqxkl75y.jpg
    jcildf8jglv5.png
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Why does he make such a Claim in the first Place, i wonder ?
    So that people come into his chat and create more interactions for him asking this exact thing. Clickbait has been a thing for decades now.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

i think it will come out between the 9th and 15th of july. They said it be Q3 and there a few reason for the reasoning behind those dates :)

It makes me somewhat nostalgically sad that the post you're quoting is from 2022...

Why is Narc's estimate 50 days off? How strange...
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    Why is Narc's estimate 50 days off? How strange...

" Bec~AAUUSE ... ... 💖 ... ... ... he's h~iigh, on C~opium ! " . 😉 . 😁
    jcildf8jglv5.png
  • Options
    remember that he makes content out of thin air about a game that doesn't even exist.
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »
    remember that he makes content out of thin air about a game that doesn't even exist.

I could name another Channel who does that - but that one is entirely german-speaking ... ... ... ... so probably not of much interest for many here. 🥴

Narc grasps at Games and Content even more than onto his Coper(?) Colas. Under them, " Pax Dei " and others. Probably going to devour "Enshrouded" as well. 😁
    jcildf8jglv5.png