Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Publishers for South America regional servers

LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I know It's early for Intrepid to be talking about this since regional servers with harmonized prices are still under consideration, but I'd like to leave my suggestions for publishing AoC in South America.

First, if Intrepid does decide to publish in SA, I hope they only open 1 server for all SA, even tho I would love to get a separate Brazil server I do think it's better to deal with a little queue time on launch, and maybe end up having queues for weekend prime-times rather than having 2 or more servers that after a few months can't get to the 10k peak, plus, the language barrier isn't that big of an issue between Portuguese and Spanish speakers.

Second, I remember Steven saying they would probably use publishers for regional servers. For SA specifically, there aren't many good options, the only 2 decent publishers I can suggest from recent times are Level Up Games and Amazon Games.

Level Up has done a decent job with Guild Wars 2 however they have a terrible reputation since most of their games are P2W, even tho I understand that's not entirely their fault since the developer hands over too much control of their games, that would still be a reason for concern for many Brazilian players and might put some players off.

Amazon has been doing a decent job as well with Lost Ark and New World, the servers and support are good, the Portuguese translation and voice acting for NW are amazing. They still haven't translated lost ark to Portuguese, but they said they will do so in the near future. They do have Portuguese support with live chat for both games, and it's very good.

The only issue I heard about Amazon handling Lost Ark in SA is with regard to the control they have over the content and cosmetic releases. I believe this wouldn't be an issue with Intrepid if they ever were to have a partnership with AGS, as I hope Intrepid would not hand over any control of the game to a publisher and keep AoC at the same standards as NA/EU.

Finally, there are a few publishers that Intrepid should definitely stay away from, such as RedFox Games the publisher for Black Desert Online in SA, as they are notorious for the lack of support and are involved in fishy activities in regards to allowing and even promoting gold-selling: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/mna71g/redfox_corruption_report/

This was never addressed by the company, they just ignored the playerbase and moved on, the staff is still working there and nothing was ever done about it.

With that said, I hope when (and if) the time comes, where Intrepid announces a SA regional server; they ask, and take our feedback into consideration before making the final decisions, as they have been doing with the game development :)
img]
Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui

Comments

• Options
    lesgooo!!! we all want SA servers please. be nice to latin america :))
  • Options
    Brazil has already proven in several games with its numbers to be worthy of at least dedicated servers, monetization being standard I understand because our currency is worth nothing. There are many people waiting for the AoC, please pay attention to us.
    oficial-baner2.png
  • Options
    UP
  • Options
    I absolutely agree, especially when it comes to publishers
  • Options
    Bakk0sBakk0s Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Great point!
    We need SA servers to be as maintained as the main ones.
    Great point using Black desert as an example, would be awful if we went the same way.

Keep up the great work and support for SA Liniker. :)
  • Options
    I make your words mine. I agree with everything Liniker said
    oficial-baner2.png
  • Options
    Up
  • Options
    I totally agree with you, we really want SA servers
  • Options
    GurzGurz Member
    edited June 2023
    I doubt our friends na and eu want hue hue hue hue hue hue hue on their global chat xD.
    Jokes aside... Yeah it would be wonderful for launch we having SA servers, because we from SA can only actually have a 60 ping or less in servers hosted around from Dallas to Virginia and the best place possible for us to have a server hosted is in Miami which pings will be around 30-60, the other two will be around 60-80.
    And if hosted in SA server we are talking about 0-15 ping :S
    And like Liniker said, only 1 server is enough, we can handle a full server for a month or two, we know our streamers like yoda and rakin will flood server with players, but then they will leave.
    Edit: its not 0 ping but around 8 to 15 or top 20 ping for us in SA hosted server. (made this edit because some ppl are just too... i dont know how to say it in english... but something like "if it is written like that he takes it to the heart" anyway i find funny dumb ppl trying to be overagressive or some asmongold wannabes.)
    Edit:ltidqjmou4ny.png
    some ppl have so much knowledge :P
  • Options
    IuriIuri Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    we want SA servers where I can play with my DPS happy with 60 ping at least
    iuri-banner2.png
  • Options
    Indeed, among the options of publishers, amazon ends up being one of the best options
  • Options
    Brazil has a incredble potencial, there are lot of players that love MMO RPG, but they have not a good MMO to play, I beliieve that Ashes will be this game that will turn our comunit big again.
  • Options
    pdr0pdr0 Member
    Translate AoC to Brazilian Portuguese.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Just curious, do we have any sort of approximate numbers of potential MMO players in south america? 437 million people. I know it's not quite comparable to north america or europe in terms of wealth and people with PCs good enough to play the game, but still, that's a lot of people.
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    Just curious, do we have any sort of approximate numbers of potential MMO players in south america? 437 million people. I know it's not quite comparable to north america or europe in terms of wealth and people with PCs good enough to play the game, but still, that's a lot of people.

It is not only that, ( thank you for providing this data ).

This is the potential we have as a gaming community.

The Latino/Hispanic gaming community has been growing year after year, for example, on Twitch is the 2nd largest community after the US.
    We have representative whales Streamers of twitch like Ibai LLanos , Rubius , Yoda , Gaules ,Juanguarnizo , Xokas , etc.
    We are a very passionate and united community that wants to keep growing.
    We are not the most economically prepared community but we are very united and passionate, if we like something (for example some Streamer or game) we follow it, we support it, we defend it and we are there in good times and bad as a community.
    For example , 1 year ago Ibai Llanos did an event called " The evening of the year" , 1.5 million viewers on twitch .

The Latino/Hispanic community has a lot of potential and I think it should be analyzed as they have many positive characteristics as a community that wants to emerge and be considered.

EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    HarushiHarushi Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I agree, and consider the translation of the game for PT-BR
    oficial-baner2.png
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nerror wrote: »

I remember from the numbers New World showed on their queues for all South America servers during launch week, there were over 100k players concurrent players sitting in queue, there's more than enough for a very popular AoC SA server
    img]
  • Options
    Servers on SA = fully agreed
    Amazon publisher = Please, NO! Their support is terrible, you can't even see your ticket. When I sent a ticket in november 2021 about my NW account, they take more than 20 days to respond me, and still didn't solve my problem. When I sent it back, they never answer me again (Im still waiting :D )
    But yeah, about the number of servers, I fully agree to have only 1 server to all SA ppl, we can play with spanish speakers easily, and the economic benefits inside the server will be great. More people = more sustainable game economy.
  • Options
    NiroXNiroX Member
    Agree... upppp
  • Options
    LunariGoddessLunariGoddess Member
    edited April 2022
    As someone from South America and who's native language is Spanish(I don't mind playing in NA servers though, as I'm bilingual, but still, SA servers would be amazing), I agree with everything you say, and I hope they take all of us and the words you said into great consideration.

However, even though spanish and portuguese are similar, it can get difficult understanding each other, so, a Latin American Spanish server would be ideal, and of course, another one but Portuguese.
    npxg1g9bl1f0.jpg
    ⋆⁺₊⋆☾⋆⁺₊⋆‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Blessed you are, living in the night, guided by me and all my dear stars ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ ⋆⁺₊⋆☽⋆⁺₊⋆
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Liniker wrote: »
    Level Up has done a decent job with Guild Wars 2 however they have a terrible reputation since most of their games are P2W, even tho I understand that's not entirely their fault since the developer hands over too much control of their games, that would still be a reason for concern for many Brazilian players and might put some players off.

The only issue I heard about Amazon handling Lost Ark in SA is with regard to the control they have over the content and cosmetic releases. I believe this wouldn't be an issue with Intrepid if they ever were to have a partnership with AGS, as I hope Intrepid would not hand over any control of the game to a publisher and keep AoC at the same standards as NA/EU.

If it sets your mind at ease, Intrepid Studios for a time was using My.com as a publisher in EU. They thought it wouldn't be feasible to self-publish in that area, and so looked for help. and My.com was their best bet.

Now, My.com has a terrible reputation. Their games are indeed Pay2Win, and their support is legendary for how bad it is. But Steven made sure to sign them to a really strict contract ensuring that Intrepid kept full control and that My.com would have to maintain certain standards for support.

In the end it didn't matter, as Intrepid was able to self-publish after all, and they ended their relationship with My.com. But my point is that Intrepid Studios might be able to self-publish in other regions, as that is their preference, and if they can't self-publish they have a precedent for making another publisher follow certain rules. They know they have a potential smash hit on their hands, and don't have to go begging publishers for help. They can set the agenda.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    ThiagueraThiaguera Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I agree with everything @Liniker said. We are very excited about Ashes of Creation. And I say more, I think that sooner the official announcement comes, greater the engagement of the community. Which is already high...
  • Options
    supported AOC in South America <3
  • Options
    SA Server UPPP
  • Options
    ChroninhoChroninho Member
    edited April 2022
    I dont think it is a matter of "I agree" or "I disagree".
    It is more about 2 things that I believe why we could have it.

First of all, Intrepid does have the numbers of players who are from SOUTH AMERICA and have bought the game, this by itself I already think is not a small number, but the "proof" is only in their hands I can only guess.

If we assume and if it is true that we do have contingent to populate at least one server which is not that many players which are needed, since according to Steven words are around 40-50k to have the maximum numebers of concurrent users (8-10k per server of concurrent online players), I believe is likely at least that the SOUTH AMERICA region will have giving the size and quality of this game.

So having at least one server for this region we probably would be able to populate the server.

About costs and prices.

Yes, Intrepid did say for regions who worse economy they would "harmonize" the price.
    So yes, this could lead to intrepid earning less money with the same or even more cost (with infra structure) and hiring more staff, so YES i do understand this can be seem as "bad" to many.
    Which many of these players say "You want the same threatment and quality as us while paying less so its not fair". Ok that is indeed a point.

But now I ask, would most NA/EU players play a game that is not in english? I really dont think so, and that is not what lot of us want, there are players who only play in portuguese for sure, and also lot of people from brazil who dosent speak english, but still there is a massive number of players from here that does accept it because for years we never had many choices.

Another thing is: Would players who want to really compete in either PvP or PvE from NA/EU feel it is "okay" or its is whatever to play with over 100 ping? In some cases 150 or almost 200?
    From where I'm (são paulo), when a server is located in west coast for games like from games published by my.com for example, even when using tunneling service "gaming vpn" like exitlag, I still get at least 180.
    For someone who want to compete in PvP really hard, since you need to outplay players that have same skill play as you just to compensate for the lag. And the more you grind, the higher you get in "ranks" the more you will feel the lag.

I will leave a screenshot to prove what I said regarding ping using exitlag for few places where servers are usually located for NA games.

https://gyazo.com/9244d20a11ea79ba9872f4cbc6472600 (170) ingame we usually get a bit extra so around 175~180 in best case scenarios to be realist.

https://gyazo.com/649d65758e3dccc2faf694a2b35da998 (123) so around 130 ~135 for one of the best places we can get, usually only better than this is Miami which from where I live I can get a tiny bit less.

Edit 1: Another thing to remember is: The higher the ping, usually the ping fluctuation also gets higher, so the oscilation and spikes during battles gets INSANE the higher you ping is. This information can also be checked using exitlag with the ping graphs. If ping were "stable" at those numbers would kinda be acceptable, but usually this is not the case, and like I said, the higher ur ping usually the worse it gets for oscilation.

Please do notice that Brazil is huge.
    So if someone lives a bit from south where I'm he will get even more.
    And if he is from the north, he can get way less. I showed my current ping which I just got from exitlag, just to avoid someone getting information from someone else who may live in one of these areas and say "but he dosent get the same ping as you do so you must be lying".

Just to finish.
    Of course I would play Ashes even if its only in NA servers, the game probably will still be worth just like many other games that I played which we never had servers here and even tho we kinda suffer with the lag we are kinda "used" to it.

But since Intrepid itself already said there is a chance for regions who do have demand, I believe it is important for us from South America to stay united and show that we are here and having server here for us would be amazing.

We would be able to use our native language in chats without making other angry.
    It would increase a lot the amount of other brazilian players willing to play, and even more if we do have translations.

Everything helps.
    Having "harmonized" prices does help.
    Having located servers does help.
    Having game translated does help.

But we dont need it all together. What everyone may prefer can vary from person to person according to their reality.

If we had to choose one, I would prefer server only.
    But for many maybe the prices would be more important.
    For others may be the translation.

Please for those who are not from here, I just ask to understand that what we want is not more than what you guys will have.
    And yes if we had all this we would have an "advantage" because we would be paying less than you guys for the same quality, but are we really competing over this?
    Having lower prices is not about trying to screw someone, is to make game more accesible for that region which could lead to having more players and thus compensating the loss in money per player and to compensate this with quantity.

And yes we would still probably have less players than NA and EU. And probably also give less profit to Intrepid than you guys will. But again, if the company CAN do that why not?

What we ask is not for the company to do it even if they cant.
    But only if they can and if it is possible, would be amazing
    img]
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    We would love to see South American servers as well as Brazillian Portuguese localization for Ashes of Creation. We hope to make it a possibility!

We will have more information as we progress further in development on whether this will be possible for us or not! We appreciate the passion shared in this post ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited April 2022
    I don't want to make any difference between English and Hispanic/Latino/Portuguese community, we all contribute in our own way.
    What I want to emphasize is that the Hispanic/Latino/Portuguese community is striving, improving and growing and that this effort is increasingly reflected in the support of the community for the things/people/projects they support.

All communities contribute something and the Hispanic/Latino/Portuguese community will always be there to support.

A big greeting and a big hug for the English/world community, here we are also the Hispanics/Latinos/Portuguese to support AoC.
    EDym4eg.png