Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion for the Cosmetics in the Shop for the future.

MistaShadwMistaShadw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Just a request/suggestion, is it possible to see a 360 view of the mounts/skins/pet cosmetics?, or front/back?

I like this months cosmetics and planned on getting a few but I thought it would be nice to see the backside of the items since that's what ill be looking at the most when playing.

Comments

• Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    They usually do 360 rotations in later streams, but that's usually after the cosmetic has long left the store. I agree though, it'd be nice to see the backside for concept art as well.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    faith.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    My understanding is that many of the items have not been fully developed and are just concept art for now so the 360 views can not be done. A static backside shot might be nice but if the frontside didn't get your dollars then most likely the additional art won't convince you either.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Caww wrote: »
    My understanding is that many of the items have not been fully developed and are just concept art for now so the 360 views can not be done. A static backside shot might be nice but if the frontside didn't get your dollars then most likely the additional art won't convince you either.

I like the idea that you'll buy some gorgeous cosmetic outfit and once you use it in-game you learn that there is an open butt flap behind it flopping around.

(Then again, who knows, maybe advertising that would make it more appealing.)

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2022
    The cosmetics are really a gamble to be honest, and that's a big bone of contention with people in the community. You're buying something that you only generally know what it looks like based on what is basically just a stylized, well-done police sketch of it.

Why ask us to hand them money based on concept art alone?

Well, for the average person, you probably shouldn't. But they give you the option anyway, and for some people, the concept art is enough. And for those people, this system is intended.

I've bought a few things just because I liked the concept art and if the real thing was even half as neat looking, I'd be okay with that.

It's all about how you personally feel about it, in my opinion. Is the gamble worth it to YOU?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    This has to be the most constructive piece of feedback on the cosmetic shop in like 8 months. Good suggestion to help us understand the full look / feel of an item.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    CROW3 wrote: »
    This has to be the most constructive piece of feedback on the cosmetic shop in like 8 months. Good suggestion to help us understand the full look / feel of an item.

That can't be allowed to stand so I'll start it off.... the cash shop is a bad idea and anyone who buys is .....
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Ha! I guess we all have our hangups with something. :D
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Ha! I guess we all have our hangups with something. :D

Yup, when you got an itch you gotta scratch... :D ohhh.. that felt good !
  • Options
    Karthos wrote: »
    It's all about how you personally feel about it, in my opinion. Is the gamble worth it to YOU?

All the items I've bought say, "Yes."

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    MistaShadwMistaShadw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Caww wrote: »

I get how the 360 is probably asking for to much, i was really just hoping for a T-Pose of front and back concept art. And you're right, if the front doesn't sell you the back view most likely won't, however if I was sold on the front view it would be nice if we could see the back. Especially if there's any capes.
  • Options
    MistaShadw wrote: »
    Especially if there's any capes.

We've had capes. I've bought a couple of them. They show you the back sometimes, not always.

450px-Cloak_of_the_Seahawk.png

Kiss_of_summer.png

Hhak63P.png