Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Waterfalls

If there are waterfalls in AoC, please put a hidden cave behind one of them.

Thank you.

Comments

• NiKrNiKr Member
    I'd even say behind several.
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    lol, there are games that don't do this?
  • GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Idea to subvert expectations: put a powerful mob behind one that probably kills you in your gluttony to find rare treasure.
    bRVL6TR.png

• CROW3CROW3 Member
    One cave needs to have an old woman that sells pots for 1, 5, or 10 rupees.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • AeskillAeskill Member
    Goalid wrote: »
    Idea to subvert expectations: put a powerful mob behind one that probably kills you in your gluttony to find rare treasure.

I would love to see that :smiley:
  • -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    NiKr wrote: »

How about behind every waterfall? B)
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2022
    I like it. An entrance to the underrealm even, behind a waterfall. Do the same for lavafalls.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Secret raid boss that randomly changes waterfalls.

Be the ultimate SURPRISE.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Nothing beats finding good treasure or a hidden path where you least expect it (or perhaps in this case, where you expect it most 🤔😊

In addition to secret waterfall passages, what else do you hope to find and where would you hope to find it in Verra? ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    -T0Mb- wrote: »

I'd also appreciate pitfalls behind some of them just to keep people on their toes.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • VissoxVissox Member
    Sounds like an excellent place for a hidden cave with a few rocks in it.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Would like to see hidden things around the open world that require specific archetype special abilities like the mages reveal or rogues lock picking to open up. Hopefully something that requires the others as well to find and open hidden doors.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • DrunkninjaDrunkninja Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Don't go chasing waterfalls...stick to the lakes and rivers you're use too...ahem...

That aside I would love for their to be scenes of last stands by individuals from the Apocalypse. Maybe with lootable items that need to be refurbished from a bygone era.
  • -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    JustVine wrote: »
    -T0Mb- wrote: »

I'd also appreciate pitfalls behind some of them just to keep people on their toes.

A cave or a pitfall, at least there is something hidden. ;)
  • ZainoxZainox Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Vaknar wrote: »
    In addition to secret waterfall passages, what else do you hope to find and where would you hope to find it in Verra? ^_^

maybe some hidden coves hidden under some giant, rocky cliff sides. Only visable up close or obvious from the sea.

Or tunnels under the roots of giant trees that leads into a rooted cave-like areas.
  • -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    Vaknar wrote: »

Behind some waterfall I would like to find a cave full of bats that are guarding a forgotten treasure or some huge stone tablets that could tell something about Verra's history or old folktales. Also there could be a giant bat boss too!

These following ideas I wrote already into an another thread:

I would love to find a secret door in the mountains that can only been seen in the moonlight just like in The Lord of the Rings! That would be awesome!

The other secret places that would be exciting to find could be a hidden island in the middle of a misty sea and a hidden path in a forest that could lead into a magical grove or grotto.
  • DeftlyDeftly Member
    In World of Warcraft, you do this quest with this little girl. She says, "There's a waterfall. I bet there's treasure behind it." I flew through the waterfall and nothing was there. I never forgave blizzard for that.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited May 2022
    I have that girl on /ignore.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png