Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

LF Advice! - Guild Morale & Community

reverend_146reverend_146 Member
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
Hello Ashes Community!

I'm Reverend, the GM of Reverence, a new casual guild. I was wondering if there are any individuals who have ideas on how to keep morale while bolstering the community, while also waiting for the release of AoC.

Currently, we have an event scheduled (tonight actually!) to play Elder Scrolls Online. Would you recommend we play other MMORPGs in anticipation for AoC? As I mentioned, we're small, casual guild. I'd like to make sure that everyone feels welcome and keep them from getting bored.

Thanks in advance for the advice :)

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I feel like this fits better in "Guild recruitment". I'd suggest trying out old versions of L2 to see whether your community can survive the pvp system.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    I feel like this fits better in "Guild recruitment". I'd suggest trying out old versions of L2 to see whether your community can survive the pvp system.

Thanks for the advice! We took a poll to see what games people were interested in, but L2 wasn't listed. I'll have to add it!

I felt describing the guild/culture would be beneficial to those willing to give advice - I apologize if it feels a little advertise-y. The guild recruitment discussion has a specific format which would be inappropriate for this question, but I can edit the original post to make it seem less of an ad :)
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    The guild recruitment discussion has a specific format which would be inappropriate for this question, but I can edit the original post to make it seem less of an ad :)
    Ah, I see. I was just worried it'd get moved by admins, but I guess it won't. That's good.

And as for L2, it's definitely on the older side and most likely won't be to the liking of most people these days, but it definitely plays heavily into favor of guild/party gameplay, teaches you the Ashes pvp system (though a bit more lax on the penalties) and shows the player sales/crafting stalls system. It's also way more grindy than Ashes will allegedly be, so if you do play it and dislike that part of the game, you shouldn't worry too much about it.
  • Options
    Anduin KayvaanAnduin Kayvaan Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    Hello Ashes Community!

I'm Reverend, the GM of Reverence, a new casual guild. I was wondering if there are any individuals who have ideas on how to keep morale while bolstering the community, while also waiting for the release of AoC.

Currently, we have an event scheduled (tonight actually!) to play Elder Scrolls Online. Would you recommend we play other MMORPGs in anticipation for AoC? As I mentioned, we're small, casual guild. I'd like to make sure that everyone feels welcome and keep them from getting bored.

Thanks in advance for the advice :)

I would say as a GM who has been waiting for 5 years for the game to come out you gotta roll with the punches, there will be high times as well as low times but the main thing is to keep marching on through it. Make sure to take plenty of breaks and also have community events that your members enjoy. Everything does not have to be in a game or even a competitive organized game for that.

Important thing is just keep things relaxed and have fun, the game is still a ways out so kick up your feet and keep it chill.
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
    Gray Sentinels Guild Recruitment https://tinyurl.com/Gray-Sentinels
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I prefer taking the approach of not saturating my guild with regular events and trying to keep people engaged. I keep providing regular news and bringing up discussions about ashes when needed, but I feel like letting everyone "forget" about ashes from time to time is good, everyone will come back together when there's good stuff to discuss or test.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The best guild leader I ever knew genuinely cared about all the guild members and they encouraged that attitude in everyone.

The worst guild leader I ever knew cared only about their own advancement and saw guild members as people to use and manipulate for their personal goals.