Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Seasons of Verra.

โ„๏ธ ๐Ÿƒ Seasons affect much more than just the world around you on Verra. They will also change a variety of mechanics from skills and abilities to crops and gatherables.

๐Ÿค” What are some of the ways that you would like to see weather changes affect your character?

I almost made a twitter account to be able to respond to this. I almost never write in the forums either.

I would like to see my character's antlers fall off and grow back with the seasons. This would look great on Mobs as well.

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I would like to see my character's antlers fall off and grow back with the seasons.

That would actually be fairly interesting.
  • PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    Would you want some animation of them falling off, leaving anters on the ground for a while, of just log in while its winter and antlers are gone?
  • That's funny, I did actually comment the same thing on one of their previous weather/season effect tweets. I'm pretty sure they saw it and liked it, as well as a couple others. Not sure if that carries much weight or not. Either way, I agree with you. Would be cool. Or at the very least, Py'rai who choose to have antlers carrying a particular ornament (leaves, flowers, etc) shouldn't be able to have them all year. Even if cherry blossoms on your antlers are being fed by internal nutrients, there's no way they'd be able to avoid shriveling up and falling off in the winter. I don't think you should have bright red autumn leaves year round. Whatever style you choose should have its own unique seasonal progression / time of year that highlights its best attributes.