Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Player Feedback Request] Empyrean Concept Art Shown During July Livestream

124»

Comments

• Options
    fecksfecks Member
    edited August 2022
    Hawkwood wrote: »
    Everyone seems to want RGB elves. Glowing eyes, tattoos, crowns. They're not angles, they're Greco-Roman. When you look at the Nikua you see they're cultural influences. When you look at Py'rai or the Ren'kai you see they're culture. And none of them needed lights to pull it off. It's a battle between Legolas as a Christmas tree, and Leonidas with pointy ears.

So idk about that. When you look up the term "Empyrean" it means from the heavens. Steven seems to be a pretty deep thinker when it comes to lore with things meaning something deeper than just what is presented. Now with that said. I do believe the race that holds the use of essence as absolutely necessary to their success on Verra and their connection to the gods. Well I would see them being a bit more magically inclined if not Angelic in some ways.

So you want angels... I want Empyrean's.

Elf/angel doesn't equal Greco-Roman/elf. At least to us shallow thinkers.

Isn't it already confirmed they are going for a Greco-Roman feeling? It's on the wiki anyway. Also, if by "shallow thinking" you simply mean recognizing a long standing and easily recognizable trope vs denying it and resorting to denigration then sure. There is often a collusion of greco-roman architecture in angelic and heavenly scenes drawing a clear connection between all of the themes that are present in their name and stated feeling. Therefore Greco-Roman/angelic elves.
  • Options
    me like
  • Options
    They look good, but I wish there was more than the ears and clothes that clearly differentiated them from the Kaelar. I understand that the goal is a less fantastical direction than a lot of video game elves, though.
    0n1r4knbcjkg.png
  • Options
    Hello there.

I love the look of the Empyreans, nothing to complain about. The only thing I'd like is neater/cleaner eyebrow options for males when you do add them to the Character Creator, but other than that we're solid.
    FQECKAz.png
  • Options
    I'd like for the crowns to be optional in character creation, but I think they look great!
  • Options
    fecks wrote: »
    Everyone seems to want RGB elves. Glowing eyes, tattoos, crowns. They're not angles, they're Greco-Roman. When you look at the Nikua you see they're cultural influences. When you look at Py'rai or the Ren'kai you see they're culture. And none of them needed lights to pull it off. It's a battle between Legolas as a Christmas tree, and Leonidas with pointy ears.

So idk about that. When you look up the term "Empyrean" it means from the heavens. Steven seems to be a pretty deep thinker when it comes to lore with things meaning something deeper than just what is presented. Now with that said. I do believe the race that holds the use of essence as absolutely necessary to their success on Verra and their connection to the gods. Well I would see them being a bit more magically inclined if not Angelic in some ways.

So you want angels... I want Empyrean's.

Elf/angel doesn't equal Greco-Roman/elf. At least to us shallow thinkers.

Isn't it already confirmed they are going for a Greco-Roman feeling? It's on the wiki anyway. Also, if by "shallow thinking" you simply mean recognizing a long standing and easily recognizable trope vs denying it and resorting to denigration then sure. There is often a collusion of greco-roman architecture in angelic and heavenly scenes drawing a clear connection between all of the themes that are present in their name and stated feeling. Therefore Greco-Roman/angelic elves.

I mean, you can have a greco-roman aesthetic without having it be angelic/godly. The elves themselves don't look greco-roman, their architecture/craftsmanship is what takes on that aesthetic. So let them look like traditional elves in greco-roman garb. No need for halo's, wings, or brightly glowing eyes.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Hazel2eyesHazel2eyes Member
    edited August 2022
    Leiloni wrote: »

Wouldn't that be an entirely new race, though? Typically Dark Elves in most MMO's are they're own race with a different look, lore, and architecture.

Not really, I use 'Dark elf' as more of an aesthetic term rather than a race one.

It would nice to have the option for my elf to have a deeper skin tone with pale hair for example.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    So...most models I've seen have some sort of 'spikes'. These best be able to be removed because most of your cosmetics have hoods/helms etc. If 'spikes' are seen regardless of headwear, it means only the Dwarves so far can have intact hoods. It would be nice just to see a basic representation of a race, rather than the embellished depictions of each race.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    hapyhapy Member
    edited August 2022
    I am calling it that we'll see Empyrean female ranger in September. :o
  • Options
    The sharp delicate features are perfect!

They look very different when put next to a more rounded rough human face which is perfect. If you remove the ears you should still be able to tell the difference between an elf and a human. I wouldn't mind the option for magical eyes like the elves from WoW. High elves are very magical usually but obviously if the ashes lore is different you should always follow your own lore.

Can't wait to see all the LOTR looking elves running about. Turning their noses up at everyone ;)