Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

(Player Suggestion) Historical Progression/Statistics.

DeanosaursDeanosaurs Member
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
Greetings Adventurers!

I come before you with a question and hope perhaps some of you may have the answer or ideas to help better this suggestion. I myself enjoy rifling through small tidbits of books and seemingly minor pieces of lore and paper trails the world has to offer when I play my games, I also enjoy seeing the statistics released by the companies on player numbers and such.

I would like to know if there is any plan to do a roadmap of each servers progression that will be periodically posted/shared to the player base with information on the node progression/world disaster counts and other meaningful events that a server may have encountered. Which Node was the first to hit T3-4-5-6 and who was leading the progression for them. (Not saying it has to go into detail such as Boss A died 342 times and Boss B died 212 times. More like Disasters averted: 554)

It would be a cool little thing to be able to look at a world map of each server and see how it compares to your own or even for newer players to decide on a server that they have more of an interest in due to the way the server has progressed. This could be expanded on by listing the names of leading guilds who have done notable things throughout the world Verra and have left there mark in history by adding books dedicated to "Adventurers" in the local libraries or similar buildings of note. Perhaps keeping a battle record of the sieges of towns and the players who participated along with a section for the stand out participants.

This would allow people to review the history of the server they have joined and look up past details of the world and see the "famous figures" who helped forge the world they are now apart of while also allowing veterans to relive the "glory days".

I personally feel like a quarterly report or "3 year in game" time frame would be a good reference point, while allowing enough activity/happenings to occur giving us enough information to form a report sheet to then publish.

In addition to tracking these statistics you could also track things like greatest heist from a caravan event or most wanted players by the corruption level and how many bounty hunters they had successfully fought off before dying/clearing the infamy.

Sorry it was such a long post, and thank you for any input you may have on this subject. :smile:

Comments

• froustysnomanfroustysnoman Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I love this idea! espescially the part about caravans, you could get a hearty chuckle reading about the biggest losses for sure XD, it may also be worth tracking the most valuable one that safely made it too, esepscialy if it was contested, and perhaps this book could be a 'medal of honour' for the defenders to look back on down the line
  • bump! would like some more community input if people are able/willing guys :)
  • I love this idea! espescially the part about caravans, you could get a hearty chuckle reading about the biggest losses for sure XD, it may also be worth tracking the most valuable one that safely made it too, esepscialy if it was contested, and perhaps this book could be a 'medal of honour' for the defenders to look back on down the line

Would be great if someone will construct a script or a program to show the statistics on the screen.