Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Due Release

Hi all.

Anyone know when the final release date is yet?... Any new's

Comments

• Options
    UnderdelveUnderdelve Member
    edited August 2022
    No release date has been announced. No release date for the Alpha 2 test or any of the subsequent Betas has been announced.
  • Options
    Just make sure you keep up to date with every live stream they do, always lots of new stuff to discover. Also keep an eye on the Discord in case you know who accidentally lets something slip ;)
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • Options
    alpha 2 seems like it be somewhat soonish probaly i would guess around 6-8 month mark :P and i would assume alpha 2 would be going for about a year sooo maybe in year and a half lol but thats just guess work :P
  • Options
    So, it's been a year since Alpha 1 ended. Probably some time next year for Alpha 2. After Alpha 2 is Beta 1, then Beta 2. Absolute bare minimum, a year and a half, but possibly twice that.
  • Options
    Release will most likely be around end of 2023 or early 2024. That's my guess.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022

Release is 1 to 2 years out to you?

Maybe its a typo... maybe he was saying 3023 or 3024...
  • Options
    2026 End = Beta
    2027 Mid = release
  • Options
    TyrionXTyrionX Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Its been over 5 years since I backed this on Kickstarter. Would be nice to actually have anything at all to log into. Any kind of solid communication on Alpha 2 is long past due.
  • Options
    TyrionX wrote: »
    Its been over 5 years since I backed this on Kickstarter. Would be nice to actually have anything at all to log into. Any kind of solid communication on Alpha 2 is long past due.

They have missed every date they have tried to commit to yet..... i would perfer they didnt say a word about alpha 2 until 2 days after its started this time around....
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3WHIT3ROS3 Member
    edited August 2022

Solid communication? They literally communicate directly with the community every single month. "We are not ready to announce it yet and when we are, we will let you know" Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean they aren't giving one, repeatedly... every. single. month.

I really can't wrap my head around people continuously calling for a "date" when it has been the case, across hundreds of game releases, that doing that ALWAYS turns out to be a complete disaster. Every. Single. Time.

Why do people want Intrepid to make the same mistakes as nearly every other developer?

I'm beginning to think that Intrepid might be better to announce an Alpha 2 date of 2030. Then when they are ready for the actual launch, come out and state that they are launching several years ahead of schedule!

This game will take a long time to develop. (Never mind that we have just had an incredibly turbulent 2+ years which will have impacted development significantly.) I can understand that people are generally not patient and are excited to play the game. But the endless "Alpha 2 when?" is incredibly tiresome at this point.

I'm in my late 30s and have just spent the last 5 years at College/Art School getting a qualification. I think about all the work I did over that time and then think about how much work is needed to create a game like this.

Dozens of systems, thousands of assets, millions of dollars. Dates mean nothing. Content is King. Surely you don't think we have seen enough Content to justify stating an Alpha date now?
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Release is 1 to 2 years out to you?

Maybe its a typo... maybe he was saying 3023 or 3024...
    Warth wrote: »
    2026 End = Beta
    2027 Mid = release

2027 would be waaaay far out. You cannot sustain all the employees they currently have hired without cashflow for that long. It will need to be released within the next two years. Intrepid has over a 100 people working there. That's over $10+ mil a year in cost on just salaries... The pre-order packs and kickstarter money is not sustaining all those employees for that many years.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My guess is that it will be a while before Alpha 2 comes out (end of this year, beginning of next), then there will be a long hiatus, then we'll have two relatively short Beta tests before release.

I think 2024/2025 is a realistic expectation.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    So your are saying $20 million additional cost is reasonable before release while $40 million is not? Have you noticed steven hurting for money? Has he said something?
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3 wrote: »

Solid communication? They literally communicate directly with the community every single month. "We are not ready to announce it yet and when we are, we will let you know" Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean they aren't giving one, repeatedly... every. single. month.

I really can't wrap my head around people continuously calling for a "date" when it has been the case, across hundreds of game releases, that doing that ALWAYS turns out to be a complete disaster. Every. Single. Time.

Why do people want Intrepid to make the same mistakes as nearly every other developer?

I'm beginning to think that Intrepid might be better to announce an Alpha 2 date of 2030. Then when they are ready for the actual launch, come out and state that they are launching several years ahead of schedule!

This game will take a long time to develop. (Never mind that we have just had an incredibly turbulent 2+ years which will have impacted development significantly.) I can understand that people are generally not patient and are excited to play the game. But the endless "Alpha 2 when?" is incredibly tiresome at this point.

I'm in my late 30s and have just spent the last 5 years at College/Art School getting a qualification. I think about all the work I did over that time and then think about how much work is needed to create a game like this.

Dozens of systems, thousands of assets, millions of dollars. Dates mean nothing. Content is King. Surely you don't think we have seen enough Content to justify stating an Alpha date now?

It appears you do not understand what Alpha means in relation to Full Release. Alpha is a mutual commitment by paying players and developers to engage the game, help debug it, test servers and logins, be discreet about it, and give polite feedback for the good of the game. Alpha participation does not harm any public perception because we understand its infancy stage and are only looking to help.

You joined the forum 2 days ago and you are complaining how tired you are of very long term backers asking a simple question? Priceless.
  • Options

It appears you do not understand what Alpha means in relation to Full Release. Alpha is a mutual commitment by paying players and developers to engage the game, help debug it, test servers and logins, be discreet about it, and give polite feedback for the good of the game. Alpha participation does not harm any public perception because we understand its infancy stage and are only looking to help.

You joined the forum 2 days ago and you are complaining how tired you are of very long term backers asking a simple question? Priceless.

You sir, have clearly not seen the backlash Alpha 1 had online. People were trashing the game claiming it was unpolished and unfinished and that it wasn't worth the 500 credits you had to pay to get in.

People to this day still shit on the game for AoC Apocalypse.

So when someone who seemingly has not been following the game's development or dev streams, or Discord where they openly communicate daily, weekly and monthly, claims Intrepid has not been communicative... That is priceless.

There won't be a release date until they're sure they know they can meet it. Otherwise people will also bitch and moan about delays and claim that "tHeY aLrEaDy hAd 5 yEars".

And being a forum veteran or not doesn't mean you haven't been following the process and know more than the next person. Get off of your elitist horse.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Asgerr wrote: »

You sir, have clearly not seen the backlash Alpha 1 had online. People were trashing the game claiming it was unpolished and unfinished and that it wasn't worth the 500 credits you had to pay to get in.

So when someone who seemingly has not been following the game's development or dev streams, or Discord where they openly communicate daily, weekly and monthly, claims Intrepid has not been communicative... That is priceless.

There won't be a release date until they're sure they know they can meet it. Otherwise people will also bitch and moan about delays and claim that "tHeY aLrEaDy hAd 5 yEars".

And being a forum veteran or not doesn't mean you haven't been following the process and know more than the next person. Get off of your elitist horse.

Maybe i'm the only one. But i actually loved watching Apocalypse gameplay. Super fast paced. It was def a Warframe knockoff. But it looked fun!
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options

Maybe i'm the only one. But i actually loved watching Apocalypse gameplay. Super fast paced. It was def a Warframe knockoff. But it looked fun!

Oh I loved it too. But people freaked out about the game having turned into some vaporware Battle Royale, without understanding the actual purpose of it. And that shadow still lingers on the perception of the game to some extent.

Despite the millions of dollars invested by Steven, hiring hundreds of devs, and releasing monthly dev streams showing actual gameplay, people still believe this game is a scam. And it's in large part due to the trust that was lost back when Apoc came out.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh I loved it too. But people freaked out about the game having turned into some vaporware Battle Royale, without understanding the actual purpose of it. And that shadow still lingers on the perception of the game to some extent.

Despite the millions of dollars invested by Steven, hiring hundreds of devs, and releasing monthly dev streams showing actual gameplay, people still believe this game is a scam. And it's in large part due to the trust that was lost back when Apoc came out.

And there were others, like me, who have been around since Kickstarter, have been a veteran of three different messageboards for this game (yes, this is the 3rd one, they deleted the first two), witnessed a number of mistakes and mistruths from Intrepid, and didn't trust them.

Apocalypse sucked. But then again, Battle Royale games suck, so no surprise.

To give you some historical perspective, at the time they had made numerous promises about when they would open it up for testing, they set dates and then failed to meet them. Then they said they'd do a Battle Royale game in order to test how combat would work. But the game would not have any of the combat systems of the MMORPG. It made no sense and was incredibly suspicious.

Also, at the time they spoke about having Apocalypse as a permanent thing that they would keep developing and offering. As we paid for an MMORPG, and waited years, and saw deadlines come and go, suddenly they have a completely separate game for people to play. Yeah, it looked scammy as all hell. Plus, development resources would be devoted to a game nobody wanted as we waited for the game some of us had pledged hundreds (or even thousands) of dollars to support.

As it turned out, the messaging about testing combat was simply not true (I don't consider it a lie, it was just bad communication). And they changed their mind about it being a permanent game. APOC ended up being useful after all, because it identified some problems with their server architecture. That caused yet another delay, but an understandable one, as they worked to address stability issues.

Apocalypse was something of a disaster and they deserved all of the criticism they got for it. And they've made other missteps that earned criticism. But nobody is perfect, I'm still here supporting them, I'm participating in testing as often as I can, and I still love what they're showing us.

You can support someone without being a cultist, you can provide criticism while still praising the accomplishments. I have a good feeling about this project even still, and look forward to Alpha 2. Alpha 1 was legitimately fun, despite the lack of polish and very little real content. The bones of the game were still there, and they were pretty darn good.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    I am not a Medical Doctor, but I think some people need to cut back on their Hostile pills (and will defer from requoting rants). I played Apocalypse and saw much promise in the game. Yes at the time some players were complaining that developers should be working on the main game instead of Battle Royals, but I saw synergy in it... mechanics, graphics, sounds, abilities and such. I didn't think it was a waste at all. And I read hopeful and positive things about it back then too. The game has much promise.

Seeking confirming communication on dates really shouldn't tee people off. Thats absurd.
  • Options
    Hi all.

Anyone know when the final release date is yet?... Any new's

Late November is the latest official information that we have. No specific date yet.
  • Options
    They only thing you can really say is that usually game development accelerates as you go through. Development, before Alpha 1, is longer than the time between Alpha1 and Alpha2, for example.

So if they were to announce Alpha2 tomorrow, you can usually expect Beta1 to be less than a year away.

End of 2023 at the earliest then, and more probably 2024. And 7 years is not unusual for an AAA MMO.
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I know this answer.

"Soon" (Trademark Blizzard - All rights to this term are owned by Blizzard. If used, the term must reflect a time period that exceeds all expectations.)
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Steven must have a good time reading this knowing game won't release till 2026 :D
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Nothing official but they did say they will announce a few months ahead of A2 release to give everyone a heads up. So since they haven't made any announcement it's still months away.
  • Options
    As much as I want to play this game so badly, I'm dying over here! being in WoW for 11 years i can tell you with utmost certainty regardless of how strong you feel that you need to play right now (cause trust me i want to as well) the regret and negative feelings you have towards the game is way worse than waiting a bit longer. I'd rather them continue working on their promises instead of releasing a half baked product. Look to shadowlands and possibly Dragonflight for what happens when you release content that isn't ready. (hint: it was a huge mass exodus)
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »

Steven must have a good time reading this knowing game won't release till 2026 :D

Stop killing my vibe over here :wink:
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    After watching wildstar crash and burn I really just want intrepid to make sure the content is there and the polish before wheeling out AoC

I still miss wildstar😭