Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, August 26, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited September 2022 in Announcements
QA_08_22.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream will be Friday, August 26, 2022 at 11AM Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Similar to our past streams, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)! Submissions end Wednesday, August 24, 2022 at 11AM Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

EDIT:
๐Ÿ—บ๏ธ ๐Ÿ™Œ Check out our August Development Update to catch up on the latest updates to our world map, nodes, caravans, and more! https://youtu.be/4XLJelgfO3g
community_management.gif
ยซ13456710

Comments

• Is the season tech going to be used in the ocean and underwater areas?
  • How will animations work while Dual-Wielding weapons of:
    a) different weapon types (axe + dagger)
    b) different weapon speeds?
  • BabayugahBabayugah Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    Serious question, how many Sandal collectibles/Easter eggs can we expect to have for achievement hunting in Verra?
  • ButtercupCloverButtercupClover Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there ever be an unarmed class of weapon for those who want to see a monk style gameplay? Some sort of hand wrap or gauntlet type gear to go in the weapon slot that allows for unarmed fighting.
  • HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    Who will be able to do item deconstruction? Processors? Crafters? Everybody?
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In the weather showcase stream you hinted at weather impacting ships, could this also indicate that ships can have status effects, such as being on fire?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • DaggialDaggial Member
    edited August 2022
    Will questing experience always go to the node the questline originated from? Will there be cases in which we will contribute to different nodes with different questlines "breadcrumbs"?
    kWbm5nG.gif
    Monkey Business (EU) is RECRUITING
  • KRissCHuKRissCHu Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Are there any chances for the team to reconsider the implementation of black powder weapons, such as flintlocks, muskets and blunderbusses?
  • The question everyone wants to know: When is Alpha 2? I understand if you can't reveal it yet but a lot of people want to know!
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • KhaironKhairon Member
    edited August 2022
    will there be hidden and unique achievement/gear/any type of items that could be strong yet extremely rare and hard to find, and that also wouldn't be disclosed publicly?

To give a sense or purpose of adventuring and discovering. I'd personally love to have the idea of there being legendary unique treasures that wouldn't have to break the game, but be on par with other top items, or simply quality of life, like a random super rare dragon egg u could obtain by doing a special something and it would be your unique/super rare thing that wouldn't make u more op than someone who'd have a gryffin, but simply more prestige.
  • RuinedRuined Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    Are castle node sieges instanced or are they open world?
  • GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    During sieges, will attackers have the ability to destroy the walls themselves, or will we be forced to only destroy and pass through the gates like in Alpha One?
    bRVL6TR.png

• SigtyrSigtyr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    With all the debate over the length of seasons, can you elaborate on the kind of impacts seasons and weather will have on node and castle sieges?
  • Who will decide who enters the siege so that there are no troll players?
  • lemuletlemulet Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will mounts level up while players use them or will they have all their skills and stats maxed out once they are born?
    sg3TGu4.png
  • WoodsmanjakoobWoodsmanjakoob Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    Will there be a crafting profession that goes with animal husbandry or does it end in the processing portion of professions? What are some of the processing options outside of animal husbandry and smelting?
  • Hello Intrepid :D. I have a question How distinguishable will the spells of each class and sub-classes be.
    Will it be possible to recognize a sub-class from a single spell cast and if yes how much.

Thank you c:

A player from the Czech Republic

• I'm newer so perhaps this has been answered though how large will the largest ship be and to piggy back off that will there be ship warfare?
  • I and other company (Guild) owners have alot of time (years/decades) behind some of out branding & names.
    Are there any plans to bring back Guild Name reservations?
    If not is there any plan to avoid this conflict. or a way to have precedent be a ruling factor?
    Branding is very important to alot of these larger guild like ours (500+ players)
  • RyveRyve Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is the 40-50% increase in power that comes from gear at max-level based on based player stats with no gear on, or is it the lowest tier level 50 gear versus the highest tier level 50 gear?
  • EmberstoneEmberstone Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    Would a Fighter/Mage - because of his secondary class - have to spec into magic damage or will it scale off of his physical damage?
    ftcm67938qg3.gif
  • robotjrobotj Member
    edited August 2022
    Outside of a strict PvE scenario, what benefits and toolkits will tanks bring to the various forms of PvP. I feel like this isn't either well thought out or implemented in other MMO's. Will tanks be seen as a threat either directly? or indirectly via some sort of support? They should be desired in some capacity.

Edit: Outside of course of the already mentioned feature where parties of tanks can summon walls etc. THis pertains more to what an individual tank can offer.
  • ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    I would love some info on Augments!

Are augments from all sources intended to be equally as powerful? Or will augments from different sources have different range of power levels? For example, racial augments being less powerful than social structure augments.
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    hi steven, will the tulnar be able to choose his racial abilities?
    ๐Ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐š ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐› ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ
  • HathamHatham Member
    edited August 2022
    Will there be naval sieges? and naval monster coin events? and do you have a naval monster for that?
  • Arthus DawnbreakerArthus Dawnbreaker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

How will class skills and abilities change depending on which weapons you choose? weather it be melee or ranged.

How do weapon skills work? Say your a Ranger with a Bow and sword you switch between them. Will you get weapon skills for each weapon?
  • What happens if you own a property within a node but don't connect for a while. What is the timeline before that spot becomes open again ?
  • Question about Customized NPCs!

Will players be able to create their own NPCs? Specifically, I loved how Dragon's Dogma made everyone make one. Then you could globally share it among your friends list. This NPC was basically an AI player. It leveled, you gave it skills, armor and weapons. You customized how it looked.
    I was wondering if y'all had any plans for something along this lines in the future of the game?
    I made an article in regards to my thoughts about this incase you wanted more in-depth information.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/47828/customized-npc-creation#latest
  • robotjrobotj Member
    edited August 2022
    As someone who is excited about having a tavern that i can support with furnishing and cooking, can we get any more early ideas or details about how this can possibly compete with the "gear crafting" trades being that crafting will be the primary path to end game gear?

Looking at what's in the wiki, these non gear crafting professions look appealing but I worry that the rewards won't be valued enough compared to the perks gear crafters gain.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When a Guild War is declared, are the Objectives for ending the war decided by the players involved, or by an automatic system built into the game's design?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.