Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 2 testing from Asia

Right now I think Alpha 1 testing was used with just 2 servers(America and Europe), correct me if I m wrong. Is there not going to be any alpha,beta testing via other servers? I think it will be good to establish servers for Asia as soon as possible. As we have lot of population (lol), also maybe pre-order purchases will increase (wink wink). But It should not happen that only 2 servers are optimized and Asian servers are lagging n stuff.

Comments

• Options
    I guess that the location of servers in Alpha 2 will depend on the location of the Alpha 2 holders before it starts.

If, for example, 5% of the Alpha 2 testers are from Asia (or any region other than NA/EU), I don't think they'll have servers for that region. The same applies for Beta 1 and Beta 2.

But I'm sure that once Alpha 2 starts and big streamers pop in the game, a lot of people will acquire Alpha 2 keys and Intrepid will probably have to open up new servers, maybe in other regions too if there's enough people from them.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    BaSkA13 wrote: »
    I guess that the location of servers in Alpha 2 will depend on the location of the Alpha 2 holders before it starts.

If, for example, 5% of the Alpha 2 testers are from Asia (or any region other than NA/EU), I don't think they'll have servers for that region. The same applies for Beta 1 and Beta 2.

But I'm sure that once Alpha 2 starts and big streamers pop in the game, a lot of people will acquire Alpha 2 keys and Intrepid will probably have to open up new servers, maybe in other regions too if there's enough people from them.

True, maybe people like myself would be thinking to buy keys only if they make servers available 🥲.
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    Contrary to what the wiki says, Alpha-1 testing was US-East and US-West only.

I've just verified this by locating this discord message which I won't screenshot because it's in the Alpha-1 restricted discord "spot testing news" channel.

They had 2 servers in US-East and 2 in US-West. I'm unaware of any others during Alpha-1.

We don't know what Alpha-2 will be, but I wouldn't rely on there being more.

I'd personally bet Beta is when the servers go global, but anything's possible, I suppose. There will be more players with access to Alpha-2 than Alpha-1, so there might be enough to support more than 4 servers.
  • Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    As others have helpfully noted, there's no server list for Alpha2 yet so we don't know if SEA servers are planned for this testing phase. They will be ready for launch, however. Such info will get shared closer to the rollout of the A2!

@SongRune A1 had US and EU servers, the info on the wiki is correct :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif