Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Summon vs Create Magic

Ahem…

Change the wording from Summon to Create now instead of later when someone else notice it and the lore doesn’t add up to gameplay.

In the wiki the Meteor spell says Summon a swarm of meteor’s.

Summon means to transport an object or creature in most games and DND. We want to avoid confusion here and keep to the standards.

Correct me if I’m wrong but if the meteors are summoned from another plane or place they are not magical in nature and cannot be resisted by spellshields and such.

Likewise with the black hole spell. We know there is a Void-plane and probably we draw this black hole from there if it’s summoned. Then no magic resistance should be able to stop it if it’s just pure force.

You could speculate that everything is magical in nature in the other planes and I’m wrong but the Essence is a river that flows through all the planes as wiki told me and that seems to suggest that the essence is a separate entity which all forms draw energy/chi from.

Create would imply the manipulation of the chi to desired effect since you siphon of the stream instead of just opening a gate to the other plane which would imply all summons are teleportation school and not respective element.

I don’t played or seen the game of late yet so it might been updated already?

Comments

• Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You cant tell me how magic can and cant interact with things. Its magic.

If i have gloves of physical meteors do less damage. Then guess what buddy. My magic, reduces the damage of those real meteors you summoned.