Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

About Guilds, friends and organization....calendars!

HeliuxHeliux Member
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
Hello community

In my short experience gaming MMOs I can saw as a casual player that, sometimes is difficult organizate or coordinate with your guildmates and friends, some contents at date and time (or just remember with all things to do ingame). Discord is a good tool for that, but is an extra program.

What about a calendar ingame to organizate all that you need to do at time (even with alarms)?

I think that be'll great have two calendars (Guild Calendar / Personal Calendar), where we can note all about events, war, missions, others... that guild need to everyone knows, with date, time and more, with three types of prioritys: Very Important, Normal, On going...other?), colors and whaever you need.
Is not essencialy necessary but...may help us a lot.

See u araound!
Heli

Comments

• Options
    The problem with this is:

When creating something like this, then it will need a lot of added functionalities. Importance, Filtering Functions, Sharing Among Players, Coding, Maybe Member Sign-up Functionalities...
    If it doesnt have all the functions, then players will simply use an out-of-game alternative, that does indeed offer the functions.
    Why waste a lot of precious developing time when there are tons of out-of-game alternatives available?

What benefit is there? People not having to open an out-of-game alternative on a second screen really isnt much of a merit. So what would warrant the resource investment necessary to create it.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2022
    Some of this is planned for the guild management portion. As far as alarms and so forth not sure how in depth they are planning to go.
    Was asked a while back and Steven answered wanting to have stuff to help guild leaders with setting up and planning events.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Guild_leadership_tools

Forgot this.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Companion_app
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited September 2022
    @Warth is right.

It's a nice idea for post-release development ... but I'm sure Intrepid is saddled enough with the currently planned UI features.

In the meantime, several apps already have that functionality (e.g. Discord, Microsoft Teams).