Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Aaricia Character Art

AariciaAaricia Member
edited September 2022 in Community Creations
96y0nhbnikk2.png

I plan on playing as a Ren'Kai Tank come Alpha 2 and I've been wanting to do some art of what I imagine my Ren'Kai will look like for some time now. I'm happy to see her in the heat of battle, surrounded by flames but unbothered by it. I like to think she's more concerned about protecting her guildmates than sparing her own flesh from wounds.

She's the leader of the Above Water guild and once you join her ranks, you join her family and the family will always have her shield to cover them.

Dang. I'm eager to create her.

Also, definitely need tusk adornments if that's not already a thing. ;)
3az4b166v5je.pngChristian. Family-Friendly. Community-Oriented. Click the banner to learn more.

Comments

• 4hxzrtu0dh2p.png

Froglips the Smooth-talker is relaxing after a long day of negotiating goods. I'm really hoping that the Tulnar will have amphibian ancestor options. Please.
    3az4b166v5je.pngChristian. Family-Friendly. Community-Oriented. Click the banner to learn more.
  • AariciaAaricia Member
    edited February 2023
    scrjfujgd1l7.png

Having been inspired by another artist on the forums ( @WuqingYe ), I bought a cheap digital drawing tablet and installed Clip Studio. I'm in the midst of trying to find my art style outside of vector art. Adjusting to a pen is interesting, considering I've been using a mouse for all my previous works over the years. It's not a hard adjustment---just a bitter one because OH MY GOSH THIS WOULD'VE MADE LIFE EASIER.

Anyways.

I did a portrait of my friend's future Empyrean mage. Once I find my groove, I'll do full-body sketches. It's just, um, too soon. Lol. Need to thoroughly learn the program too. It's a bit different from Photoshop CS5.
  • Thats very cool, i like it!
  • @Aaricia I love it!!

lol you should see my first tablet drawing ... it's horrendous :D you're already way ahead of me in getting used to the feel of a digital pen vs a real one. Takes time to learn anything but I'm glad you've taken that first plung into the greater unknown!! Adventure awaits!!
  • pwbgdyuq5z4p.png

My attempt at a Dunir and showing some form of expression. All my drawings struggle with expressions so I've got much to learn, but I am giving it my best. :D
  • bxdytj3hl9ta.png

A friend announced to the community that she's expecting, so we gotta represent motherhood in Verra with her character. Still learning, no where near where I want to be with my finding my actual style, but hey. I'm having fun.
  • Style takes time to develop (and you can even learn and adopt new ones over time!). I love your willingness to explore different mediums and to just have fun with it! Your progress is great and congrats to your friend!
  • AariciaAaricia Member
    edited March 2023
    I think we're getting somewhere. Decided to make my Ren'Kai cooking in the kitchen.

Aaricia the Ren'Kai was born for battles, but her true passion lies in the culinary arts. Her unique take on ingredients has left many adventurous foodies feeling faint, but she is wholly unaware that her pub remains popular because of her nausea-inducing concoctions. Her meals are pleasing to the eye, aromatically arousing, but once digested (hours after the consumption)---it leaves the consumer begging for medical intervention or death. Her meals are widely used by nefarious healers looking to make some quick money (treating the upper crust of society to lavish banquets supplied by Aaricia) and by the Royal Guards who need to coax a confession out of a captured criminal. Ah, Aaricia believes she is sought out for her delicious meals---how far from the truth that is.

oaafyf5e4t8t.png

• AariciaAaricia Member
    edited March 2023
    zetk8yqse1o8.png

Bravely bold Sir Gurgurant
    Ran forth from the plains
    He was not afraid to die
    Oh brave Sir Gurgurant
    He was not at all afraid
    To be killed in nasty ways
    Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Gurgurant

I made this one for a dear guildmate who is destined to play the most epic escape music on his bagpipes.

Brave Sir Gurgurant ran away
    Bravely ran away away
    When danger reared its ugly head
    He bravely turned his tail and fled
    Yes Brave Sir Gurgurant turned about
    and gallantly he chickened out.
    Bravely taking to his feet
    He beat a very brave retreat
    Bravest of the brave Sir Gurgurant

• DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I love this xD
    8st3lhnx21to.png
  • I greatly appreciate the Holy Grail song reference :D absolutely love these!
  • AariciaAaricia Member
    edited March 2023
    Thank you @Diura and @WuqingYe!

i1rornur7rx3.png

She's not like other Vek girls. She's a real lady.
  • I forgot to mention on Twitter but I also looove the flower arrangement! <3
  • I'm glad you like it! Thanks so much for your encouragement. :heart:
  • AariciaAaricia Member
    edited April 2023
    dhon3xdu47rx.png

@Diura said on Twitter that a flying frog would make an excellent flying mount in AoC and it became an obsessive thought in my head. Finally got it out.

Falling in style on the back of a regal frog is just what I'm looking for in Verra.
  • DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeassssss! I love it :3
    8st3lhnx21to.png
  • pws0da6gdkci.png

Decided to give another try to more masculine qualities because while I appreciate a chiseled jawline---I have a hard time drawing one. Those lips be juicy though.

*Ahem*

Anyways. If I continue making fan art (most likely will), I might have to stop posting them all in this thread. :/ Oh! Also, if you click the image---it'll link you to my Deviant Art to see it larger. So, you know, there's that.
  • @Aaricia I'm now a fan of flying frog mounts too LOL also, I love being able to see the close up strokes and details on your Vaelune!!
  • Oh gosh @WuqingYe, you know just what to say to make me feel encouraged. I'm so happy we've become art friends.

qw0l9u4nc94x.gif
  • @Aaricia I feel the same!! We should totally do an art exchange at some point of each other's Ashes characters come launch! <3
  • @WuqingYe Oh my goodness, yes! I have heart palpitations and sweaty palms just thinking about it. xD
    Worked on another piece. This time trying my hand at understanding lighting. Made a Py'rai who summons the apex predator: bunny. You can't tell it---but it's actually the Rabbit of Caerbannog. So. Everyone is going to die.

mt2sqcip7r8d.png
  • RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!!

8ynsrnbsfnts.png