Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, September 30, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited October 2022 in Announcements
Livestream_Reminder_large.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream will be Friday, September 30, 2022 at 11AM Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Similar to our past streams, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)! Submissions end Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 11AM Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream!
twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

EDIT:

🏹🙌🏽Check out our September Development Update to catch up on the latest news! https://youtu.be/GjEP4P5vDZI

🤔 What did you like most about this month’s stream?
community_management.gif

Comments

• LashingLashing Member
    edited September 2022
    Are ocean and underwater areas going to have seasonal change?
  • Curious about Divine nodes and the religious system and what ways they may synergize together? Haven't heard anything for awhile and it is one of the aspects of the game that has me the most excited.
  • GimlogGimlog Member
    edited September 2022
    How are you going to introduce players to the change class option?
  • What ship/building size restrictions are the monthly cosmetics subjected to?

Last update on this topic was Jan 19, 2022: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/326362#Comment_326362

Basically, "[we are still working to answer this]"
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2022
    Would you consider it a reason for report (ban) if a player asks proof of DPS from another player, before inviting them on a guild/group?
  • How will animations work while dual wielding weapons of different:
    1) types (axe + dagger)
    2) speeds
  • arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited September 2022
    Can we expect further dev discussions or community office hours on other archetypes than the tank?
  • BabayugahBabayugah Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2022
    Will Ranger be required to carry arrows? It always seems like an interesting idea at first. Mostly, it becomes a micromanagement nuisance especially with the potential of open conflict lasting so long. It's also a cost sink that no other class has. (Rangers will arguably use way more arrows than anyone else.)
  • ChaoserChaoser Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Would you be open to the idea of having a trial version, and consequently isolated trial servers for the game?
    uNIJtZO.png
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2022
    In the weather showcase stream you hinted at weather impacting ships, could this also indicate that ships can have status effects, such as being on fire?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Gaul_Gaul_ Member
    edited September 2022
    Will we be able to create delivery contracts and post a gold reward for a specific player to pick up and caravan our storage crates to a destination node? [EVE had something similar]
  • SomeRandomNameSomeRandomName Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2022
    Since "weapon skins" don't come with the monthly cosmetic packages. Are those specific matching weapons found in game; cosmetics or actual weapons?
  • Will the (RL) Wife and I be able to live in the same freehold, or will we need 2?
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member
    edited September 2022
    Summoner has been said to "fill in the gaps" in a party's role composition. What exactly does that mean in practice - are they capable of speccing to be pure dps, pure heals, or pure tank, or instead are they supposed to be versatile, doing all three in one build, at a lesser level as needed?
  • with siege weapons we can shoot down players who are in the skies with their flying mounts?
    or with the weapons of the frigates or galleons can we attack a coastal node at war from the sea?
  • If I take a character with a double sword, can I sheathe them on the back of my crossed character? Unsheathe them epically? And the double swords, their speed when brandishing them is fast? Would you see them feasible for a predator?
  • Optics-
    Hey guys, I have a question that I am sure a lot of pvpers will bring up. How do you plan on preventing obsessive amounts of zerging in large scale pvp. Large scale pvp shouldn't just be whoever has the most people standing on top of each other wins the fight.

Will there be zerg busting mechanics or skills. Things like dmg multipliers/ debuffs, siege weapons, and/or npcs to help reduce over grouping/zerging.

Not part of the question,
    I speak from extensive amounts of pvp experiance in eso which I think Ashes large scale will most resemble.
    People naturally zerg. 'safty in numbers" it is what it is. But when a game has a way for players to counter this it helps prevent players from "over zerging". The best example I can give for this is "Proximity detonation" skill and "vicious death" gear set that were in eso. "bomber builds" without these types of builds, sets and seige. The pvp setting would have gone to shit way sooner than it did.... The game engine started to fail and lag HORRIBLY due to massive zergs. I know the E5 will handle zergs better, but honestly a giant gaggle fuck of newbs hording through a choke point with no way to stop them is NOT fun pvp. Just saying.

For the luls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g_fI-NYdJw

Cannot wait to see what you guys put together waiting a long time...
  • With the expected time to max level being planned to be about 180-270 hours for adventuring classes, whats the planned amount of time you plan for people to master a gathering profession completely and will it differ between different artisan trees and professions?
  • Is there a rough estimate of how long it may take to master an artisan profession?
  • Can you share a date when u will reveal the date of A2 by any chance?
  • HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The Kickstarter and Summer bundles had emojis and character creation option tiers listed. Are these exclusive to backers?
  • CadacCadac Member
    edited September 2022
    How far from shore to the Open Seas?
  • Will Steven have a character within the game that fulfills a role as the GM of this great pvx/administrator role-playing game? could be part of an event and playing with a character predesigned as one of the gods of verra
  • KRissCHuKRissCHu Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    A question regarding the customization options for the Tulnar race, which is slightly two-fold.

Will there be an option to make Tulnar with elongated muzzles, or will all Tulnar be flat faced?

And secondly, will there be a "verminous/canine" option for Tulnar customization(rat and dog people), or will Tulnar only be simian, canine and reptilian?
  • DrunkninjaDrunkninja Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will Nodes located on islands be easily accessible at the start of the game or will it be a race for players to gain access to ships to explore potential island Node locations?
  • Since caravans are moving PvP zones, what incentive would a passerby player have to defend it? Exp, reputation, or something else?

Similar question for bounty hunting. What rewards will a bounty hunter get for killing a corrupted player?
  • Sago65Sago65 Member
    edited September 2022
    Will players be able to determine someone’s past corruption levels (i.e are total lifetime player kills that gave corruption recorded)?
  • RyveRyve Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2022
    With the adaptive boss scaling increasing drop quality in open world dungeons, what happens if a group has performed well, is on the last boss, and another group comes in and takes the loot tag by outdamaging(including the first hit bonus) or killing the other group?
  • Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2022
    Any word on if 500v500 is still achievable or at least still a goal?
  • ChangeMe6587452ChangeMe6587452 Member, Explorer, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be an API available so developers can create applications that track things like Kills, Deaths, Items, Achievements, etc?