Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Advertising Ashes Of Creation

I was just wondering how Intrepid Studios is going to advertise their game. Maybe it’s early days but I would like to see more people know of it’s existence. I am a big mmorpg fan but I knew nothing of it until someone mentioned it in another mmorpg game I play. If it wasn’t for this player telling me about it I wouldn’t know anything about it. From there I watched many YouTube videos and got hooked. I’m guessing tv advertising would be something that would be a major tool for spreading the word when it’s near completion. But what would be beneficial at this stage of development?

Comments

• Options
    StreviStrevi Member
    edited October 2022
    During and after Alpha 2 there will be enough hype as players play it.
    But maybe much hype too early is not good. How long can somebody stay hyped waiting and reading about every little progress?
    When the game is finally released, we may already have no surprises left to discover in game.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    There is 0 benefit for a marketing campaign currently and you won't be seeing any advertisements until you can pre order the game and there is a release date.

The ads they will be running will be to promote the subscription model. You will most likely see YT and Streaming ads as well as IG/FB/TikTok ads + heavier email marketing for people already opt in and for people who have yet to opt in.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    I agree with some of your comments but what about players giving feedback as the game develops that is a big part of this development process. Many people who don’t know about the game now can’t contribute to its progress who may have liked to. Early days so let’s see how they handle it.
  • Options
    When the Alpha 2 launch date is announced, more players might join.
    But they have not announced any deadline yet. Could be even 2025.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Lust69 wrote: »
    I agree with some of your comments but what about players giving feedback as the game develops that is a big part of this development process. Many people who don’t know about the game now can’t contribute to its progress who may have liked to. Early days so let’s see how they handle it.

Unfortunately no company is willing to spend $100K++ on ad placement just to get an opinion of their product.

This is why we have the forums. There is a huge organic crowd (People who didn't come from an ad) on this forum, and thousands joining the live dev updates every month.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif