Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mayor to resident communication

I was wondering if anything is known about what opportunities a mayor has to communicate with his residents.
If nothing is known there, what systems/possibilities would you like?

I would like it if a mayor can make announcements that are either sent as a message to all residents and/or posted on a central board in the node, so that all residents can receive announcements (such as new trade relations, war declarations, allies, building decisions) and the mayor can explain how it came about.
I also think it would be great if the mayor can hold polls among his residents. For example about which buildings should be built next.

What do you know/think?
Questions? all available info about AoC can be found here:
AoC Wiki
tech support
FAQ Channel AoC Discord
AoC Support&FAQ Forum
USE THE FORUM SEARCH BAR ;)

no answer found? ask here:
Ask a Question

Comments

• Options
    I think it would be great if every form of property had its own mailbox. Separate homes, instanced apartments, freeholds, etc. This way, the mayor could perhaps be granted authority to send node-wide letters to their residents. Perhaps players could choose to opt-out if they didn’t want to be involved.

Otherwise, town message boards are great and give a reason for players to congregate and have discussions about things in town.

Polls would be great. Perhaps the city hall could have a message board out front with a polling box, and whenever the mayor wants to gauge community support, they could post the poll to the board and the players could provide their feedback over a specified time frame.

I think mayors will also need to do some of their own organizing to communicate with their residents. I wouldn’t be surprised to see mayors organizing their own city hall meetings where they choose a specified time, get as many people to come as possible, and hold a Q/A session or get feedback on their plans. They could even have someone record the information and post relevant info on the message board later for anyone who missed the meeting.
  • Options
    We've had direct talk in the monthly update videos of local-Node and citizen-specific channels (typed, in-game) - but no look yet at the to-be 'Guild Screen' nor any guild interface-type tools. One might assume a city-wide mail option as pretty standard.

Beyond the norm? We know we'll have billboards and job-type postings - though these will be useable by more people than just the mayor. It'll be curious to see how up-to-date/accurate these remain. In one video, we get direct talk on how a billboard can let you know about a live crafter being available in their stall, and then only speculation about directions/contents of a shop.