Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Barding design feedback

ultraredultrared Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Hi! Small feedback.
I was looking to costume my horses with AOC barding for pictures and a few of the designs had me scratching my head.
You guys are always asking for feedback so I hope this is welcomed. My intentions are to help, not insult. :)
llxd6q1k7ur9.png

t8srp3r96bq7.png

These are meant to be attached to the cinch/girth( The strap that goes around the belly )
This is what secures the saddle to the mount.

dijd515jk8as.png

** Before anyone says "This is a fantasy game.. blah blah blah." Scroll on, friend.
If this post is welcomed I'm sure other equestrians can hop in and share feedback too.
"Crafters make the best shit" - Steven Sharif

Comments

• Options
    they are attached with magic and the power of friendship 8D
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I think you are judging concept art a bit harshly.

Might want to look at the finished design items to see if these flaws are still there.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Art concept or not, I think this is good feedback.
    "Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Jahlon wrote: »

Might want to look at the finished design items to see if these flaws are still there.

This is the kind of detail that developers would 100% not think about. They almost definitely wouldn't even know how it was supposed to go.

This is good feedback imo.
  • Options
    ultraredultrared Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Jahlon wrote: »

Would it not be better to point it out before work goes into modeling? The intrepid team has been pretty great at matching concept art to the rendering. Again, it wasn't meant to be harsh. Just friendly feedback from someone that intends on spending a lot of time crafting and looking at barding in game. :)
    "Crafters make the best shit" - Steven Sharif
  • Options
    Well the saddle is attached to the armor as well. Still no reason to not add
  • Options
    Nice attention to detail, @ultrared . I just figured the poor bastards that use that cosmetic would chronically fall off their horses. :D
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    ultrared wrote: »
    Hi! Small feedback.
    I was looking to costume my horses with AOC barding for pictures and a few of the designs had me scratching my head.
    You guys are always asking for feedback so I hope this is welcomed. My intentions are to help, not insult. :)
    llxd6q1k7ur9.png

t8srp3r96bq7.png

These are meant to be attached to the cinch/girth( The strap that goes around the belly )
    This is what secures the saddle to the mount.

dijd515jk8as.png

** Before anyone says "This is a fantasy game.. blah blah blah." Scroll on, friend.
    If this post is welcomed I'm sure other equestrians can hop in and share feedback too.

Good catch.