Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Specs of your PC and which graphics options did you play on? - Let's clear this before alpha 2. ty!

As title says, which specs are you using and which graphics settings?
I am asking this for myself because I want to buy alpha 2, but it could be nice post for others to see if they can play this game on reasonable graphics settings. Ty and please share information.

Comments

• I can play BDO at max graphics on remastered with high resolution with my laptops RTX 3050 dunno if that helps.
  • I know specs that are given for AoC, but they said explicitly that those specs can change. Thats why I am wondering what specs do you need for ''high'' graphic settings. I would like alpha testers to give some info prior to alpha 2, I know this might sound selfish, but I really would like to know if I can run game on high settings with processor: Amd Ryzen 3600 and graphic card: Nvidia 2060 6gb. Please help your fellow adventurer and give me some info haha, I would really appreciate it. (I am afraid that my processor might be bad for high settings...)
  • cpu: i5-8400
    graphics card: GTX 1070 8GB
    memory: 16 GB
    storage: HDD (not SSD)

I can run most games at high settings at 60 fps or higher. I would upgrade the graphics card to a 2070 for the ray-tracing, but I haven't felt it is necessary. I expect to have no problems playing Ashes on high settings 30 fps or 60 fps if it is available.
  • McShave wrote: »
    cpu: i5-8400
    graphics card: GTX 1070 8GB
    memory: 16 GB
    storage: HDD (not SSD)

I can run most games at high settings at 60 fps or higher. I would upgrade the graphics card to a 2070 for the ray-tracing, but I haven't felt it is necessary. I expect to have no problems playing Ashes on high settings 30 fps or 60 fps if it is available.

Thanks so much for your comment, I really appreciate it. With that said, I will be buying alpha 2, thanks :smiley:
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    This is a very dangerous post.

The specs of the people who played Alpha 1 are irrelevant to what level they played on.
    • Alpha 1 was not optimized
    • Alpha 1 was on UE4
    • Alpha 2 will be on UE5 using nanite and lumen

I think people who are going to upgrade should wait until Alpha 2 is nearing completion and is optimized before spending any money on hardware.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Jahlon wrote: »
    This is a very dangerous post.

The specs of the people who played Alpha 1 are irrelevant to what level they played on.
    • Alpha 1 was not optimized
    • Alpha 1 was on UE4
    • Alpha 2 will be on UE5 using nanite and lumen

I think people who are going to upgrade should wait until Alpha 2 is nearing completion and is optimized before spending any money on hardware.

Thanks for information, I thought alpha 1 is in UE5 too. I will wait and see, thanks again!

• Jahlon wrote: »
    I'll second this. The exception being if you were going to be upgrading your hardware anyways, for whatever reason.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My current PC setup is as follows:
    CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
    Motherboard: MSI B550 A-Pro
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GBs 3200Mhz
    Graphics card: GIgabyte RTX 3070
    PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 650W
    Drive: Kingston A2000 250GB NVME

These were the same specs I had for Alpha 1 and I was running the game on max settings at about 90fps on a 1440p monitor. Of course, that was before the change to UE5 and I'm not sure how that will affect the performance requirements.

Unless something goes catestraphically wrong I don't intend to upgrade this setup for Ashes.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • My current PC setup is as follows:
    CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
    Motherboard: MSI B550 A-Pro
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GBs 3200Mhz
    Graphics card: GIgabyte RTX 3070
    PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 650W
    Drive: Kingston A2000 250GB NVME

These were the same specs I had for Alpha 1 and I was running the game on max settings at about 90fps on a 1440p monitor. Of course, that was before the change to UE5 and I'm not sure how that will affect the performance requirements.

Unless something goes catestraphically wrong I don't intend to upgrade this setup for Ashes.

bro, with that setup you should be good for the next 5 years lol.
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Motherboard: ROG Strix X570-E
    RAM: 64GB DDR4 3200
    Graphics card: GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB