Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Freeholds

Was wondering after a siege and the node has been taken over by another guild can they kick you out of your free hold, I hope not

Comments

• Options
    UnderdelveUnderdelve Member
    edited November 2022
    Was wondering after a siege and the node has been taken over by another guild can they kick you out of your free hold, I hope not

Hi @Aces_Are_Wild below is some info. that may help answer your question.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Freeholds

Freehold destructibility
    Freeholds may be attacked by any player[81] for a period of two hours[82] following a successful siege against its parent node.[79]

Players and their allies may defend their freehold for this period of time.[79]
    Structures and guards may be obtained to defend freeholds during this period.[79]
    After the two hour period of open combat following a successful node siege, any remaining freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another node may take over the zone of influence of the freehold.[81][82]

The freehold owner will be required to undertake a quest process to have their freehold adopted by a new node if one exists.[81]
    At the end of the grace period, if the freehold does not reside within the ZOI of a stage three (Village) node or above, it will be destroyed.[83]
    Players who are registered as a defenders of their node cannot loot their own destroyed freeholds.[84]
    If a siege is successful, then the Node is brought down to Level 0, and anyone who was a citizen of that Node is no longer a citizen. Freeholds within the Zone of Influence are subject to a period of vulnerability. These Freeholds can be destroyed by other players during a period of roughly 2 hours after a successful siege. Destroyed Freeholds are subject to material loss, and blueprints for them are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement in order to allow the player to keep their Freehold’s layout and structure. Once the vulnerability period is complete, any remaining Freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another Node may take over the Zone of Influence of the Freehold.[82] – Margaret Krohn
  • Options
    Yeah, kinda scary, I was reading about that today.

Can you imagine, you are offline during the weekend and when you log again your freehold is gone!

EVE Online is the most brutal game there is, your structures there actually have timers, there's a shield timer... then a big fight happens and if the attackers can forcefully remove your shields then you will have an armor timer X amount of hours later... then another fight and then there will be a hull timer.

So in EVE Online you will have three fights over a structure, it's kinda 4 minutes of fight for a small structure, but the timers are spread along days.

But in AoC maybe you go to sleep and you will wake up homesless!
    SCARY!!!!

I don't understand why there's a process of adoption of your freehold. Why?
    Maybe there's two possible nodes near me and I get to choose?

This game will be a thrill!

Also, in EVE Online the owner of the struture gets to choose the hour of the vulnerability, this is important so he can set the correct hour for when he is at home during his free time.

THIS IS SOMETHING THAT AOC DEVS SHOULD CONSIDER

I would follow EVE in this, let the owner of the freehold set the vulnerability window!

Let's say I am at home at 11:00 PM Server Time... so I will set my vulnerability window at that time.
    If my node is razed, then it doesn't matter when it was razed, if the node was razed at 9:00 AM then my freehold would be invulnerable up to 11:00 PM... then vulnerable for 2 hours.

The only problem about this is that the attackers will roam around and schedule their attacks and possibly kill as many freeholds as possible. They will go visiting one by one

But hey... at least I will be able to defend my freehold.

I don't know the best path in this.
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For a node siege the declaration period is 3-6 days leading up to the siege. There is then a prime time window for that server where the siege is scheduled. If you can't be fussed to log on for a week at a time, you may indeed have the rare case where you come back and find your freehold packed up and mailed to you. Intrepid has been clear that freeholds and their progression will not be for everyone, but those that take incredible time and effort to acquire, maintain, and yes, keep safe those locations. There is only a two hour window (current info, may change during testing) immediately following a failed siege defense where freeholds can be attacked.

"I don't understand why there's a process of adoption of your freehold. Why?
    Maybe there's two possible nodes near me and I get to choose?"

When you choose to get the permission to place a freehold in the open world, you visit the city hall of a node 3 or higher and buy the permission to do so. Where you buy that permission is what node you are attached to. It must then be placed within the ZOI of that node. In the case of overlapping ZOIs you do indeed get to choose. If your hosting node is destroyed and your freehold survives the purge after, then you need within a week to go to another nearby node whose ZOI you fall under and purchase the permission once again. You don't have to replace, just attach to the new node. If there is no ZOI where your freehold is placed, then it will poof and the layout mailed to you. Hope this helps.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg