Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Py'rai RANGER fan art

WuqingYeWuqingYe Member
edited October 2023 in Community Creations
She's beauty, she's grace ...
she'll shoot arrows in your face!! >:)
(Chinese characters are "hawkeye")

ARCHETYPE SERIES --> Vek rogue │ Py'rai ranger │ Dunir tankKaelar clericNikua summonerEmpyrean mage│up next ... Vaelune bard!!

oVMDNZ3.jpg

Comments

• Any Py'rai or ranger fans out there?! :*<3
  • This is absolutely amazing. When is the tank coming?
  • Very cool nice job
  • Thanks a bunch @DougBug27 and @Balmora !!
    Each month I release a new archetype, so February will be the Tank.
    There's no exact time-frame in February ... just when I'm able to sit down and draw it haha
  • Absolutely love your style! If you don't mind my asking, what do you use as your toolkit for your art? :o
    3az4b166v5je.pngChristian. Family-Friendly. Community-Oriented. Click the banner to learn more.
  • Thank you so much, @Aaricia ! I use a drawing tablet (Wacom Cintiq 22") with the drawing program Clip Studio Paint (CSP). I also have a very hefty Pintrest folder with tons of references saved for quick, easy access to any fun poses or drawing tips. These three things are essential in my art toolkit! :)
  • Oo-la-la. You've got a fancy tablet. I've heard good things about CSP and seeing your art only confirms those good things. :) I'm stuck in ye olden days with my Photoshop CS5, but I fear change. :D Lol. Maybe it's time to shake the dust off my shoulders and give CSP a go though. I want to break away from Vector art and try my hand at truly hand-drawn work, like yours.

Thanks for sharing your toolkit with me!
    3az4b166v5je.pngChristian. Family-Friendly. Community-Oriented. Click the banner to learn more.
  • @Aaricia lol you're too kind - thank you! I've only recently started progressing in my art though. Definitely still on that long, montaged journey of learning. As for the tablet, yes, it was definitely a pretty penny, but WELL worth the purchase. I'd recommend the 22" to anyone who can budget it! Wacom in general is an amazing brand and the kind I've been using since they first made tablets :D I actually still have that (now literal) piece of junk haha it's so tiny and broken but I still love it.

LOL I first used CS5 too! Photoshop is definitely more of a photo editing program though. If you want the Photoshop equivalent then I'd recommend Procreate. CSP, on the other hand, is great because it's very versatile as a drawing program. Easy to learn as a beginner and has a bunch of advanced features for advanced students. They even host tons of cash prize contests and host TONS of program tutorials so that you're always learning and having fun. Their online store also features custom made brushes (both free and $$) made by the community to help simplify certain processes or to make your art just that much more stunning. CSP comes in two, separate functions - their illustration side (which I use) and a whole 'nother side for specifically making comics. Both are fun!

If you have an art front online I'd love to follow you and share in the excitement of art! Also, please feel free to DM me on here or on Discord (Undead_Pally#1989) if you have any questions on art tools or tips n' tricks!
  • Congrats on getting featured on the Ashes of Creation Fanart Friday on Twitter. Ahhhh! So stinkin' happy for you!
  • Aaricia wrote: »
    Congrats on getting featured on the Ashes of Creation Fanart Friday on Twitter. Ahhhh! So stinkin' happy for you!

Thanks, lady! <3 Always hoping to keep the Ashes hype strong!