Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Songs of the Goddess

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited March 2023 in Announcements
1920_-_Voyager_Plus_-_Background.jpg

“In the Forest of Rai, among trees taller than the spires that dot the Riverlands of Old Aela, the voices of our ancestors rise up in harmony to greet the kalends of spring. As snow piles in the highest boughs, musicians gather among the roots, their woodwinds slotted with fresh reeds, as they prepare to break winter’s long silence. Suddenly, the quiet vanishes and the air is filled with music. The young ones, newly come-of-age, gather to meet and to be met, to judge and to be judged, and perhaps beyond all hope, seek to find a soul with which they can share their hearth and home. The music calls to them, and they rise with shy smiles, their eyes a-glow with the promise of new love. As it always has, and ever shall be, Spring’s endless dance goes on.”

The Songs of the Goddess cosmetic add-ons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from February 8, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until March 8, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that Featherstone Royal Expeditions addons will be removed on February 8, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2023-02-07-songs-of-the-goddess
community_management.gif

Comments

• SolarisSolaris Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I love the pan flute!
    "Are you on the square? Are you on the level?"
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    The costume reminds me of Sub-zero/Scorpion.
  • i love this new pack, my only question is. are the Forests of Rai really going to be in such vibrant colors? or is this a dramitization of what the forest will look like ( talking about the freehold skin). if so i can see my self spend alot of time there due to how amazing it will look all by it self
  • RalizekRalizek Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2023
    wi8ugsjk7vbg.jpg

This is an example of using cosmetics to populate NPCs.
    w6p2cvcbjxvi.jpg

This is an example of reskinning and recoloring shop cosmetics.
    og7dzojxcqnq.jpg
    8xci2urslcnz.jpg

You took assets you sold changed the colors, changed some horns, removed some wings, added some more branched, and changed the texture from frass and tree to wood plank and tree.

This is the definition of reskin and recolor.

• I'd like to play
  • @Ralizek God damn bro! good eye! Thank you for pointing this out. I sincerely hope that Intrepid take this seriously, fix the mistakes, and avoid this behavior in the future.
  • Nuub wrote: »
    @Ralizek God damn bro! good eye! Thank you for pointing this out. I sincerely hope that Intrepid take this seriously, fix the mistakes, and avoid this behavior in the future.

Would have to insist on this plan being a good thing, not bad.

You've already got between 2 and 4 variations to make to any mount/NPC animal model or armor model, per the weather and seasons. Then, there are the variations that will be in-game: Looted, Crafted, and High-End/Achievement Looted. Having 1 more unique model for the appearance packages isn't that much to ask for.

If anything, doesn't it help diversify the textures/small detail changes available for the variants and/or sub-variants-to-be?

• I get that this is an outfit with origins of the wood-Elves. Yours truly intends to play a main toon, as a wood-Elf.

However, one big thing that stands out is the open-toed sandals. Maybe if this is their/our version of formal-attire, then this is okay. However, the last thing you want to have on your feet while trudging through the underbrush of a long-forgotten realm are open-toed sandals.

Might get the flute, since it's a separately-obtainable item. I do like that we can piecemeal these packages. Yours truly bought just the backpack and the warehouse skin, from last's month's stuff.

• LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ralizek wrote: »

You took assets you sold changed the colors, changed some horns, removed some wings, added some more branched, and changed the texture from frass and tree to wood plank and tree.

@Ralizek

If you gonna call intrepid out on something, get your facts straight, isn't that what you learn with your streamer idol?

the first KIRIN mount you used as an example of a "recolor" was not a cosmetic, it is actually just a mob that has multiple variations https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Kirin

and the second mount you used is not a monthly cosmetic mount, it's a mount from the kickstarter package, and Steven's reply was specifically talking about the monthly cosmetic stuff.

I can agree on the tree tho.

img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2023
    Can the purple tree go with the pink tree from a while ago or would the purple tree replace the same structure as the pink tree? Both are pretty similar. The pink tree:

1200px-Scintillarium.png
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • RalizekRalizek Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Liniker wrote: »

@Ralizek

If you gonna call intrepid out on something, get your facts straight, isn't that what you learn with your streamer idol?

the first KIRIN mount you used as an example of a "recolor" was not a cosmetic, it is actually just a mob that has multiple variations https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Kirin

and the second mount you used is not a monthly cosmetic mount, it's a mount from the kickstarter package, and Steven's reply was specifically talking about the monthly cosmetic stuff.

To your first point, I have no idols. I do however understand as a white knight that you would rather try to attack a person and not an argument, please remember that you can have a disagreement without resorting to slanderous insults like a child.

I will concede on the Kirin

So you believe that a sold cosmetic doesn't have to follow the same stipulations as a sold cosmetic, based on the date it was purchased?
    I invite you to go back through the streams from 2017 between the Kickstarted and summer backer programs, where Steven states that those cosmetics and rewards will not be sold again nor will there be any reskins or re-colors.
  • Liniker wrote: »

@Ralizek

Learn how to tackle an argument, rather than an individual you don't agree with. Most insecure, childish behavior.
  • ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 2023
    wi8ugsjk7vbg.jpg

This is an example of using cosmetics to populate NPCs.
    w6p2cvcbjxvi.jpg

This is an example of reskinning and recoloring shop cosmetics.
    og7dzojxcqnq.jpg
    8xci2urslcnz.jpg

This just seems so petty. It's like you have horse blinders on and just focused on nit picking any negative you find.

I have no problem with this. They may look somewhat similar, but They don't look exactly the same, so that's good enough to me to show exclusivity.

[img][/img]
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Neurath wrote: »
    Can the purple tree go with the pink tree from a while ago or would the purple tree replace the same structure as the pink tree? Both are pretty similar. The pink tree:

1200px-Scintillarium.png

I got the purple tree to go with the pink tree. I just hope both can be used at the sane time. I'm not sure if I will gamble with a third and fourth tree yet though. I think the odds of overlap increase with more skins.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Theres a question I think you are missing here. Do you want to have variety in the world? If you want buildings/creatures/NPCS/gear/guards or w/e to look different around the world this is how that happens. They make something and make variants. How many years behind schedule is this game already? I get the feeling of wanting unique things to remain unique, or atleast close to it, but they stated specifically that these sold things wont be obtainable by players later but that they are being used in the world and there will be variations aswell to get more mileage, not to mention anything that changes with seasons.

The buildings with trees on them are very similar, were both of those green and purple tree houses sold in the monthly rotation? It makes sense to keep making variants to get more variety with less effort (every game does that) and since these bundles are generally made from assets made for the world and the game has been in the works for awhile, and will remain so, theres only so much to work with. How many actually unique freehold buildings can they make that fit the same building type of a single player house? There are several races and as they build those out more we will likely see a few similar variants of dwarven building and such.

This just reminds me of the Monster Hunter variants joke of the Sand Barioth. The Tigrex could live in the snowy mountain tops or the scorching desert. it had a subspecies the Nargacuga that adapted to live in the forest. They they made the Barioth subspecies of the Narga that adapted to live in the snowy mountains again and a sand Barioth that lives in the desert. Variant of a subspecies of a subspecies can finally go back home. I laughed at how silly it was but players want new things and variants and subspecies were in the game from the early days.