Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan raiding

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    Off a conversation I had on reddit, the question regarding caravans success rate came up.
    If caravan success rates are low will they continue to be utilized long term?
    I think if you set up the gathering speed to be relatively fast (ie resources are plentiful) but make the need to transport resources high (IE wood x for certain bows only exist in location a) then you can effectively make the pain of losing a caravan much lower.

For example, if 8 players spend 4 hours loading a caravan up just to lose it in transport that is going to really suck.
    What percentage of resources are lost when a Caravan is destroyed??

I believe 100% which is why I was suggesting a gathering system where the transportation of the mats is the issue and not the gathering of the mats themselves. Of course that limitation would only apply to general resources like wood/stone/iron things that would be needed in massive quantities anyway
  • Options
    Percimes wrote: »
    For the caravans to be worth the time to run and defend, basic resources need to be plentiful BUT localized and in demand all over the world. As such, ideally, part of the required materials and components for all professions must either have been gathered or processed in another node.

The reward of a successful caravan is not only to keep the cargo, but to bring it to a more desirable market.

Exactly what i was saying except perhaps you said it more eloquently!