Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Question about alpha 2.

Im waiting for the rose pack to end before buying the voyager pack.It is supposed to end on June 14. When is Alpha 2 supposedly going to happen?

Comments

• NiKrNiKr Member
    No one knows. Even Intrepid don't.
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2023
    It's time to start seriously consider dropping the cash for many I suppose.

It'd be interesting to see the metrics over the next few months.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Natasha wrote: »

Yeah, I'm gonna be waiting till the very last moment, cause it's a really hard decision. And I'm damn sure they gonna make several millions just off of these next few months.
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    NiKr wrote: »

Yeah, I'm gonna be waiting till the very last moment, cause it's a really hard decision. And I'm damn sure they gonna make several millions just off of these next few months.

So I'm curious. Have you just not seen a pack you like or has your plan always been to wait for the last minute?
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    So I'm curious. Have you just not seen a pack you like or has your plan always been to wait for the last minute?
    My plan has always been "wait till alpha2 is happening tomorrow", because $250 for me means 2 months of paying for 2 apartments' utilities.
  • Sinder wrote: »
    kevin286 wrote: »
    Im waiting for the rose pack to end before buying the voyager pack.It is supposed to end on June 14. When is Alpha 2 supposedly going to happen?

All we've been told is that it's not years away and you have a "few" months before they pull A2 access off the store. how that translates in real time is anyone's guess.

So does that mean you can't buy alpha 2 access once it's already in alpha 2? That's kinda shitty if you're only option is to buy blind.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @TopWombat I suspect that the Alpha2 server will not have unlimited capacity for players to log in, right? They have been selling Alpha2 access for years. What they really told us today is that the number of Alpha2 accesses that they have sold is approaching the maximum that they intend to sell, probably based on server capacity. At the current rate of sales, they estimate that in two or three months they will reach capacity.

If they kept selling beyond server capacity, it is true that they would make a bit more money, but they also know that players who spent $$ for Alpha2 access reasonably expect to be able to log in. If we spent the $$ then could not login due to the server being full, we would gripe, bitch, and complain to High Heaven, wouldn't we? They want to avoid that, and they also want to give Alpha2 play testers a good experience so we will all say good things about the game prior to launch.

So, I believe that their giving of fair warning that Alpha2 access sales will soon stop is an example of good player relations and a good business decision.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I thought they were stopping all packs soon...
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • tautau wrote: »
    @TopWombat I suspect that the Alpha2 server will not have unlimited capacity for players to log in, right? They have been selling Alpha2 access for years. What they really told us today is that the number of Alpha2 accesses that they have sold is approaching the maximum that they intend to sell, probably based on server capacity. At the current rate of sales, they estimate that in two or three months they will reach capacity.

If they kept selling beyond server capacity, it is true that they would make a bit more money, but they also know that players who spent $$ for Alpha2 access reasonably expect to be able to log in. If we spent the $$ then could not login due to the server being full, we would gripe, bitch, and complain to High Heaven, wouldn't we? They want to avoid that, and they also want to give Alpha2 play testers a good experience so we will all say good things about the game prior to launch.

So, I believe that their giving of fair warning that Alpha2 access sales will soon stop is an example of good player relations and a good business decision.

Yeah ok I didn't think of server caps, that's a fair point.

• ive been waiting for a pack i realy like but seems there only gonna be a couple left so hopefully next one or the one after is good
  • So its cool if i wait till June 15th?
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Probably, but no guarantees.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    There is no release date at this time for Alpha Two!

Whether you purchase a pack, and when you may do so is totally up to you!

If you're unsure about this pack, then you can wait to see what the next pack is!

The current pack information can be found here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/55547/legion-of-the-rose#latest

I'll also link you to the wiki, where you can likely find the answers to some questions you may have about the game, or even about past packs! https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
    community_management.gif
  • Vaknar wrote: »

If you're unsure about this pack, then you can wait to see what the next pack is!

The current pack information can be found here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/55547/legion-of-the-rose#latest

I'll also link you to the wiki, where you can likely find the answers to some questions you may have about the game, or even about past packs! https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

Thank you so much for responding.
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vaknar wrote: »

Thanks for being so active on the forums mate!
  • I don't like this new jungle dwarf one either. Gonna wait for the next one before purchasing.
  • kevin286 wrote: »
    I don't like this new jungle dwarf one either. Gonna wait for the next one before purchasing.

thats what im doing too :P