Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvP/PvE

When I was reading the ways they wanted to control Greefing other players it kept running through my mind that I’ve heard of this system before.I’ve seen it used somewhere and then it hit me. While not completely a 1 to 1 comparison it’s really close. .
Lineage— I truly hope they get something better Or every event that pops up will belong to the strictly PvP crowd where everyone has 2 subscriptions and 2 guilds for one group of people.
I had hoped that they ight would consider a PvE server where only town sieges forced you into PvP if you lived in that town. Caravans and Pirates could easily be handled by intelligent AI NPC’S but it doesn’t seem that will happen. Just hate to see a great looking and well thought out game being destroyed by the player base. So hopefully we get much better than I expecte.

Comments

• Options
    KorelaKorela Member
    every event that pops up will belong to the strictly PvP crowd
    That's sounds amazing. What is the problem ?
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    This game was inspired by Lineage 2 and Archeage, so yes, its pvp systems is quite similar to those two (mainly L2). And yes, pvp crowds will be the ones who get to kill the mobs/bosses, because that is how an open world pvp game works.

There's been some feedback about adding ways of having pure pve with pvp on the side (before or after the pve encounter), but we don't know whether Intrepid will use those. But we definitely know that there'll be no servers with special rules.
  • Options
    No pve servers, game is based around PvX design wise. You can't just do pve content uncontested so you can power through all content int he game instantly. Push and pull is going to increase the length of the content and the experience as a whole.

If some strong guild is causing issues on a server, band together to fight them. If the mind set is you don't want to do any pvp or work with other people or interact. That is pretty boring.

This pve stuff leads to less interaction, insanely faster content consumption, more single player experiences, lobby level games like dominos overtime.
  • Options
    Korela wrote: »
    every event that pops up will belong to the strictly PvP crowd
    That's sounds amazing. What is the problem ?

I played lineage 2 for 4 years. It was great, we also drove all the players out of the server. I’ve got np 9th PvX it’s just I don’t like making it to the final big bad where you h the boss down to 5% and you’re all OOM, everyone is beat up and then a guild that logged their characters close by pops out and helps the boss kill you and then they get the quest and the loot.

I’d like to see a system were if the boss hits 30-40% life and if a guild caps you then they get nothing.

Trust me when I say this. If something like this doesn’t ha me and my guild will take every good boss and opportunity from you till you rage quit. I personally love the style because we are quite good at it. You’ll never understand dedication to greefing until you deal with us Asians taking everything you do.
    I was only mentioning it because I hate to see this very genre breaking game that looks like it will have something going for it.

My guilds been together from the days on UO, but I hear the games a 80/20 split on instanced and open world. 20% instanced in a world did big will have a lot in that 20% wow’s early days-TBC we’re about this much of a difference.

• Options
    We’ve got a long ways to go (and lots of player testing) before Ashes becomes a game “being destroyed by the player base”, @Rainwolffield.

Given the player feedback already on the corruption mechanic, I’m pretty sure it will be tuned right for the game’s release.

Thinking your guild is going to faceroll the server?

Let us know what server you’re choosing … so we can find out how much water that holds.
  • Options
    KorelaKorela Member
    I don’t like making it to the final big bad where you h the boss down to 5% and you’re all OOM, everyone is beat up and then a guild that logged their characters close by pops out and helps the boss kill you and then they get the quest and the loot.

I’d like to see a system were if the boss hits 30-40% life and if a guild caps you then they get nothing.
    So then guild pops out at 50% when you waste some resources. Or they uses some dirty strategies like prepared wave of alts. There is no clean solution to this in the open world scenario. I think you know this if you've played L2 for 4 years ;)

I agree that this is not very fun situation. To me, it's more fun when fight starts before farm and then winner gets farm as a reward. Like Valakas' Lair (with some adjustments like PvP-zone after the Heart). Jump in -> fight (up or near the Boss) -> after a few mins entrance is closed (so you can't endlessly jump in) -> win -> farm. I think it solves your problem and I hope it'll be implemented in some way. But it is kinda "caged" content and I don't know if it is considered as lesser "20%" part.

So I think it's more about the event design rather than PvP itself.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Trust me when I say this. If something like this doesn’t ha me and my guild will take every good boss and opportunity from you till you rage quit.
    And that's awesome. This will create the exact content that some of us want in this game. For me it's super boring to be at the top, so I'd rather fight upwards against guilds like yours (allegedly). That's a feature of the game - not a bug.
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3WHIT3ROS3 Member
    edited June 2023
    There is definitely enough room in a game as big as AoC for pockets of pure PvP (Such as Arenas, Duels, Tournaments?) and pure PvE (Instanced Dungeons), but as others have said, this is a PvX game, it's about playing with (as well as against) other players in and around (and against) the environment. Most of the game's content should essentially be "up for grabs".
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    I highly recommend checking out the Ashes of Creation Wiki, where you can find tons of information on the many game systems of Ashes of Creation!

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/PvP
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2023
    Just hate to see a great looking and well thought out game being destroyed by the player base. So hopefully we get much better than I expecte.

We would hate to see a great looking well though out PvX game that we were promised back in 2017 being destroyed by PVE players. If you want PVE servers, you are not the target audience, this game has been in development for 6 years being made with Open PvP in every aspect of the PvE content, it will not change to cater for people don't don't like the design.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    I had hoped that they ight would consider a PvE server where only town sieges forced you into PvP if you lived in that town. Caravans and Pirates could easily be handled by intelligent AI NPC’S but it doesn’t seem that will happen. Just hate to see a great looking and well thought out game being destroyed by the player base. So hopefully we get much better than I expecte.

Whats the difference between Intellegent AI NPC from Humans, Since intelligent Ai is aimed to become more human. Just pretend that PK players are NPC and u literaly have what i want :p
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Veeshan has a good point. Since AoC assigns a higher drop rate, including weapons and gear, to red PKer players, they become the most lucrative creatures in the game to hunt.
    Their chance of dropping stuff goes up with each player they kill. If you catch a high level, well geared PKer and kill them, it is possible that you will be rewarded with drops equivalent to a rich boss. All for yourself.