Greetings, glorious testers!

Check out Alpha Two Announcements here to see the latest news on Alpha Two.
Check out general Announcements here to see the latest news on Ashes of Creation & Intrepid Studios.

To get the quickest updates regarding Alpha Two, connect your Discord and Intrepid accounts here.

Shattered Moon in this Month's Backdrop Pic?

Yours truly has high hopes we'll be able to see missions/raids that will somehow toke us to the moon and back. The wiki states we'll have multiple moons, so there's lot of room for lore and imagination, centering on them and their significance/history.

Am guessing the moon we see in the backdrop was probably shattered by the Harbingers. Even in high-fantasy settings, not sure how realistic it is that a "shattered" moon would remain in the same place in orbit, though.

Are we aware of any significant quotes from Steven or the IS team about the moons, thus far?

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    edited June 2023
    As with all things, consult the wiki.
    There are constellations and multiple moons in the night sky of Verra.[4][1][5]

Constellations and moons rotate and change throughout the night.[6]
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Constellations

If it isn't there, it hasn't been said. And all lore is placeholder to avoid spoilers. So anything they may have said in the past could just be them misleading you as to what has happened to protect what they feel the "real" storyline on release will be.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • TheDarkSorcererTheDarkSorcerer Member, Alpha Two
    edited June 2023
    Wait, which backdrop picture? Link please :)

Edit* Oh you mean behind the black bars on the forum? Can barely see tbh.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member, Alpha Two
    Wait, which backdrop picture? Link please :)

Edit* Oh you mean behind the black bars on the forum? Can barely see tbh.

1920px-Wallpaper2_-_5120_x_2880.jpg
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    Yes! I have advocated for us travelling to that moon several times! I think one of the harbingers landed on it, like some landed on Verra. To quote from the wiki:
    The Harbingers are comet-like celestial bodies powered by a very strong source of magic that essentially acts as a bridge between The Void and the Material plane where Verra exists.[2]

The Ancients and The Others used the Harbingers to travel to Verra, thus beginning the Apocalypse.[2]
    The Ancients flowed out of the conduits that opened at the center of the Harbingers and began conquering Verra.[3]
    A Harbinger comet landed between the Aelan capital Aela and the city of Carphin allowing the Ancients to advance on both cities during The Fall.[4]

Harbingers exist on Verra as dungeons that the Ancients use to push their influence into the material plane under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads.[5]

The worst thing the Harbingers bought to Verra was corruption, which twists and distorts everything it touches.[6]

As I see it, those conduits are basically portals. It would make sense to me that the harbingers are also interconnected as well, or can become interconnected.

So, players fight their way through a dungeon (a harbinger) and at the end is a portal to the harbinger dungeon on that moon. We could even get different moon physics maybe! And moon ancients. Not made of cheese though, that would be silly.

I think it would make for a perfect expansion to the game. A new area to explore without changing or expanding Verra much.
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member, Alpha Two
    Nerror wrote: »
    I think one of the harbingers landed on it, like some landed on Verra.

It did?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    edited June 2023
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Nerror wrote: »
    I think one of the harbingers landed on it, like some landed on Verra.

It did?

I mean, I don't know for sure obviously. I am guessing. It's not official lore. I think it crashed into the moon, breaking it and causing a bunch of corruption.