Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character Creator for Christmas.

VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Just going to throw this out there but what would be the chances that the character creator is made available as a Christmas gift from Intrepid to the community this year in December?

We know they have started to work on the creator again, also A2 should be sometime next year, and they have hinted that it will be available before A2 starts. Personally I think it would be a nice surprise for the community, and for me it will be validation for the past 6+ years to finally create my ren'kai boi.
3KAqRIf.png
Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.

Comments

• Options
    CawwCaww Member
    nil to zero
  • Options
    by the sounds of it you might have Alpha before christmas in last live steam they were saying packs will stop being sold soonish for alpha access which could be them getting ready to go into alpha 2 soonish (aka like end of year or early next year) although who knowseven they dont but seems like it might be on the horizon to a degree
  • Options
    Varkun wrote: »
    Just going to throw this out there but what would be the chances that the character creator is made available as a Christmas gift from Intrepid to the community this year in December?

We know they have started to work on the creator again, also A2 should be sometime next year, and they have hinted that it will be available before A2 starts. Personally I think it would be a nice surprise for the community, and for me it will be validation for the past 6+ years to finally create my ren'kai boi.

Could even make some Community Competitions to try and replicate your favourite members of the Intrepid Team using the Character Creator!

You know it's an awesome idea, Intrepid!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Really hope that Intrepid doesn't start trying to meet weird timetables.

When it's ready announce a date. Not, announce a date and make it ready. Whether it's the CC, Alpha 2 or launch.
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    It would be cool to play around with the editor and maybe be able to save the characters as importable data, but I suspect they aren't ready for any of that yet. Additionally once they release something like this peoples expectations for the next step t happen soon will cause them to get anxious. That's pressure Intrepid will only put on themselves when they are prepared for it.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When the time is ready, its all going to come raining down on us in buckets.
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well just spit balling but they have said they want to release the character creator early. They have also started working on the creator again a guy can hope can't he.

Though honestly don't think we will see A2 much before Q3 next year.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I do think A2 is coming in the very near future and we will have a set A2 date by Q4 of this year. But don't expect anything to be released around US holidays (Nov/Dec) as most people are on PTO at that time. I would expect A2 to be early January when everyone are back from holiday celebrations.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    A2 release date, or character creator would indeed be a nice x-mas present
  • Options
    Varkun wrote: »
    Well just spit balling but they have said they want to release the character creator early. They have also started working on the creator again a guy can hope can't he.

Though honestly don't think we will see A2 much before Q3 next year.

Based on their live stream they said end of the year or early next year which seems to be their very rough estimate. Though it is development so anything can happen so nothing is set in stone.