Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What exploits do you see might be possible under the current systems?

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
What exploits do you see might be possible under the current systems and what might be ways to mitigate / counter them?

Comments

• Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    First thought of an exploit >

If the ocean is a free pvp place and no death penalties, I wonder then if a pk`er can reduce their karma by getting in a boat and dying at sea!
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    akabear wrote: »
    First thought of an exploit >

If the ocean is a free pvp place and no death penalties, I wonder then if a pk`er can reduce their karma by getting in a boat and dying at sea!

The death penalties from corruption are universal anywhere within the world.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    The death penalties from corruption are universal anywhere within the world.
    Yep, Steven reconfirmed this on the Ashen q&a
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    a lot of exploits result from poor programming so we will have to wait on that for awhile and then see how quickly the team can effectively correct the issues
  • Options
    Any highly complex system is going to get murdered by exploits on release. I doubt even half of the exploits will get fixed in alpha/beta. This is to be expected though, some things just take an intimate knowledge of the game and/or messing around for long enough.

As for what any of those are, I have no idea. I remember some people talking on the forums about luring mobs to people in the middle of a bossfight or becoming familiar with an average say, healers health, and how much damage their attack does, then lower their health mid fight against a boss close to death at the right time to get them wiped from a boss mechanic without getting yourself corrupted.

Things like that, things that deal with PvP and griefing people. Nobody goes as hard on exploits as griefers, well griefers and speedrunners lol.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    akabear wrote: »
    What exploits do you see might be possible under the current systems and what might be ways to mitigate / counter them?

Not telling you! They're MINE! :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member

daveywavey wrote: »
    Not telling you! They're MINE! :D

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.. (wait.. was that inappropriate?)