Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What's everyone Race of choice and why?

ErahhErahh Member
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
Been putting a lot of thought into this, and I think I'm going to be looking at Dwarfs myself, they have that old Dragon Age look to them and they look badass in their armour

I wonder if they will look silly in some of the cosmetics designed for the other races though!!

Nothing scarier than a little man with an axe
dirnvhxxle1r.png

Comments

• Options
    I think it says on the Wiki that the armour will take on a racial aesthetic when equipped and weapons will scale with races which is a cool feature.

I'm not sure, I keep going back and forth on this, only managed to rule a few out at the minute.
  • Options
    Shabooey wrote: »
    I think it says on the Wiki that the armour will take on a racial aesthetic when equipped and weapons will scale with races which is a cool feature.

I'm not sure, I keep going back and forth on this, only managed to rule a few out at the minute.

That's interesting, I wonder how that works with skin purchased via the pack's they release though
    dirnvhxxle1r.png
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm going angel race for life.

Celestials are just awesome and I think the whole aesthetic will look amazing when I'm getting to cast all my mage spells popping every cool down and fulfil that angry wrath of God vibe when the fight pops off.

nd23l9gr08c8.png

pep5tmvtlwe3.png
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Fairest wrote: »
    I'm going angel race for life.

Celestials are just awesome and I think the whole aesthetic will look amazing when I'm getting to cast all my mage spells popping every cool down and fulfil that angry wrath of God vibe when the fight pops off.

nd23l9gr08c8.png

pep5tmvtlwe3.png

The kickstarter skin?
    Very cool
    dirnvhxxle1r.png
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Dwarf. Sturdy.
  • Options
    I haven't made up my mind yet. I usually play as human so I can create a character that looks like me and thus put myself in that world (make the decisions I would make and so on). So probably Kaelar or Vaelune.

That being said, I really liked the Vek and their culture. I'm still deciding haha
  • Options
    Erahh wrote: »

Nothing scarier than a little man with an axe

an elf with daggers!
  • Options
    If they would add a races and classes page to this website I could tell you what my preference would be. Until that happens or Alpha 2 launches I have no idea.
  • Options
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Races

^^ the Wiki is really helpful, and often updated after dev streams etc
  • Options
    Jindoshi wrote: »
    If they would add a races and classes page to this website I could tell you what my preference would be. Until that happens or Alpha 2 launches I have no idea.
    Vulfr wrote: »
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Races

^^ the Wiki is really helpful, and often updated after dev streams etc

This video is also really good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk3RLzLcjZI&t=129s
    dirnvhxxle1r.png
  • Options
    RazThemunRazThemun Member
    edited August 2023
    Dunir Dwarf- I'm not an ISLAND BOY!

I love playing dwarves in MMORPG

"Vek will be me alt."
  • Options
    Branchler Elf.

Yours truly has made the long-term mistake of always playing Humans, in every previous MMO - or at least as my main-toon. In AoC? I'll be sure my toon is unique to the game-world, and as tall as the slider will go. Am planning on hosting a LOT of guild/public events once the social landscape settles and we have a picture of what the long-term game will look like; I want a toon capable of both being the center of a public spectacle, as well as leaving a lasting impression with those who lay eyes, upon him.

Tired of playing Humans, and the branchler-elf is a good segway for me, between a forever-human and a complete non-human, like some of the Tulnar.

• Options
    Definitely Tulnar, haven't decided which one yet, it will depend on the options in the character creator.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tulnar, because they're the most hated.
  • Options
    I'm drawn by all the "b side" races. Vaelune, Niküa, Vek, Py'Ray, and, of course, Tulnar.

Not sure which one I'll main in the end.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My first character during Alpha 2 is going to be a Vek mage.
  • Options
    It had been Py’Rai for a long time due to the their beliefs and architectural style.

Then I saw the Vaelune character models and thought they looked amazing.

Still Py’Rai I think.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Solvryn wrote: »

tdff2ecr1y41.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Fairest wrote: »
    Solvryn wrote: »

tdff2ecr1y41.gif

Don’t be jealous you imaginary celestial.
  • Options
    Branchler Elf.

Yours truly has made the long-term mistake of always playing Humans, in every previous MMO - or at least as my main-toon. In AoC? I'll be sure my toon is unique to the game-world, and as tall as the slider will go. Am planning on hosting a LOT of guild/public events once the social landscape settles and we have a picture of what the long-term game will look like; I want a toon capable of both being the center of a public spectacle, as well as leaving a lasting impression with those who lay eyes, upon him.

Tired of playing Humans, and the branchler-elf is a good segway for me, between a forever-human and a complete non-human, like some of the Tulnar.

I know what you mean, I usually play human in every MMO then hate myself for it hours in because everyone else looks cooler ahaha!
    dirnvhxxle1r.png
  • Options
    ChonkersChonkers Member
    edited February 3
    ????????
  • Options
    elf. always elf. or whatever is best for cleric ;3
  • Options
    A Kender acting as a Dunir; curious, claustrophobic, and chalked full of wanderlust.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

I really loved the look of cleric, little dwarven holy boi following you point ears
    dirnvhxxle1r.png
  • Options

I really loved the look of cleric, little dwarven holy boi following you point ears

as a proud elf, i refuse to be healed by a dwarf
  • Options

as a proud elf, i refuse to be healed by a dwarf

This is heightist
    dirnvhxxle1r.png
  • Options
    If the Renkai orcs really look this good then I'll be playing these guys.

54rh5n6udies.png
  • Options
    The only race I've ruled out so far is Kaelar. I never play humans if possible, but I am interested in the Vaelune since they aren't the average garden variety northern European type humans. (Nothing against them I just don't want to be what I am IRL in a fantasy game.) I'm leaning toward Tulnar, but it depends on the character I am wanting to play. I have one character I'd like to recreate and she is screaming Vek based on this from their description on wiki: Celestial. Purpose. Fate.

I'm pretty happy with all the race options really. Really interested in learning more about Tulnar, inspite of all the hate.
  • Options
    Empyrean duhhhh
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    RoxiRoxi Member
    only well-defined facial features, a cold look, long hair and a royal stature... only Empyrean
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif