Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What's everyone Race of choice and why?

Comments

• Options
    FreemetaFreemeta Member
    edited September 2023
    sure, i understand people want to play a sublimed version of themselves but as a roleplayer and "old" rpg player i got bored too see "perfect" bodies. I want to play an old character with drawbacks, disability etc. i would love to have an option to modify morphology and a posture old arched back.

i hope our gear are sober, i saw too many fancy shields and weapons (even at low level).

Btw my second race of choice would be Tulnar. i have this fantasy to play a jack-of-all-classes character so it's the perfect choice (mixed races+religion <3).
    sorry for my bad english, my native langage is french.
  • Options
    Freemeta wrote: »
    sure, i understand people want to play a sublimed version of themselves but as a roleplayer and "old" rpg player i got bored too see "perfect" bodies. I want to play an old character with drawbacks, disability etc. i would love to have an option to modify morphology and a posture old arched back.

i hope our gear are sober, i saw too many fancy shields and weapons (even at low level).

Btw my second race of choice would be Tulnar. i have this fantasy to play a jack-of-all-classes character so it's the perfect choice (mixed races+religion <3).

I mean yeah i look at my ugly ass 24/7 already i dont wanna look at some other ugly mf when i couldve looked cool
    Referral Code : 8GTVW547SYDTHE6Nashesofcreation.com/r/8GTVW547SYDTHE6N
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    from Antonio de luca
    antonio-de-luca-babayaga-lowres.jpg?1508247724

Oh my !! A nice and friendly looking Baba Yaga ? ^^

More "Civilian and harmless looking/seeming"-Characters are underrated, i think. Even to this very Day in WoW, i see about 998 Players out of 1000 play young, vital and capable looking Characters who totally fit into an Adventurer-kind of Lifestyle.

You have the Option to let your Character look old and retired - but about no one uses that. I could imagine that we see some more Players in Ashes of Creation go for that Look. It looks more realistic anyway. The overall Look of the Game.

what about that, just saw this :hushed: :
    https://youtu.be/FPx5Cyo5Arc?si=SFzP6c7Ci33OYpdt
    sorry for my bad english, my native langage is french.
  • Options
    Unsure, leaning towards elf. My choice is pretty much based on the lore of the race and taking their points to extremes.
  • Options
    Definitely going to be Empyrean or Py'rai. I love me some elves and both look very good from what I've seen of renders and I love the "elegant" designs of typical high fantasy elves.
  • Options
    what about that, just saw this :hushed: :
    https://youtu.be/FPx5Cyo5Arc?si=SFzP6c7Ci33OYpdt

Ahh, "SMITE" ^.^ saw that Game a few times, in the past.

So there is a Character named after like the "whole Race" of Babayaga instead of just being an Entry in a Monster Catalog. ;)

In some Fictions, their "Houses" are described and displayed as ABSOLUTE Beasts !! The Babayaga-Houses can whip themselves into a Berserker-Frenzy in those Fictions and - well - they are huge and Heavy. Don't underestimate them. :D

A cool Fantasy-Character and Race.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2023
    VEK

I decided on Vek once the first race list was shown (during KS?)

I like to play the races that are more connected to nature - but hate elves - so Vek was my clear choice.

I was even more sold on Vek once they released this art showing how they will actually look in game. The massive dark eyes are so unique that I fell in love all over again.

edit: oh... i've uh... already replied to this post...

at least i'm not a hypocrite
  • Options
    I'm very interested in the Tulnar for main, but I want to see more about them first. But I'm liking their concept for having to stay after the others were able to get away.

So, if not Tulnar, then probably Ren'kai though the Py'rai are a close second. I just like playing non-human races. I'm just not sure what I want to do for an main yet. I have time though. lol.

I have an idea for alt (character from another game) that just screams to be a Vek. She's a grumpy, old seer and I just love the character.
  • Options
    I want to see what tul'nar look like before I choose. If it isn't something that looks good to me, I'll see what Kaelar looks like.
    MY Own NIckle Co-operates with an EYE. -Mīonikoī.
  • Options
    MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited October 2023
    WHY ? WHY???????????

vajgdi051m1j.png

MORTAL ! you dare to question my choice ?

x50xtfxvaxul.png
    yy3teagsu247.png

know your place and worship me! or you will know the consequences of my wrath.

0pzzr3r8ks0l.png
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    GrappLrGrappLr Member, Alpha One
    Dwarf, because front flip is the default jump. That's BiS across all races.

If they remove that... Then I'll reconsider.
  • Options
    white human male warrior yep
  • Options
    Dwarf, because i haven't any problem with alcohol.
  • Options
    3Snap3Snap Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2023
    Py'rai 110% if they look similar as the concept art shown here. Why? Horns xD https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/51987/player-feedback-request-pyrai-female-male-concept-3d-models-2022/p1
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Py'rai. I always play elves and love their aesthetic. I have a preference for wood elves over high elves so Py'rai fit that the best. I love the look of their buildings as well. I'm leaning cleric now for my main until I can see what Summoner and Bard look like. I'm very curious how racial augments will affect spell effects too. I hoping for more of a druid type look.

My first alt will probably be another Py'rai female for whichever class I don't main. Then a Vaelune as I like their added Djinn flare.
    signature.png
  • Options
    Thoghli RamheartThoghli Ramheart Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Erahh wrote: »
    Been putting a lot of thought into this, and I think I'm going to be looking at Dwarfs myself, they have that old Dragon Age look to them and they look badass in their armour

I wonder if they will look silly in some of the cosmetics designed for the other races though!!

Nothing scarier than a little man with an axe

Look forward to more dwarven folk around!
  • Options
    Been putting a lot of thought into this, and I think I'm going to be looking at Dwarfs myself, they have that old Dragon Age look to them and they look badass in their armour

I wonder if they will look silly in some of the cosmetics designed for the other races though!!

We conquer, my small friends.
    dirnvhxxle1r.png
  • Options
    Anything thats not human.
    Just a Sail, drifting about
  • Options
    Thoghli RamheartThoghli Ramheart Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

• Options
    Kaelar for my good guys and Tulnar for me evil characters. Elves are a bit too soft skinned for me and orcs smell. Dwarves are cute but they're a bit short. Tulnar scare me so thats good.
    c8ybb18afj2p.jpg
    "The gods do not fear death. They greet death as an old friend. When your time comes to return to the ashes, move forward knowing death is merely one of many paths to a new adventure."
  • Options
    Py'rai and Tulnar probably. The orc races also looks cool.
  • Options
    Tul'nar. I want to be cute and fuzzy and equal part looking like something that will tare your face off and sew it into a fashionable coin purse. Maybe like a cat coat wolf like the charr from GW? Then again, until I see just what Tul'nar can look like, that's up in the air.

My back up is a kaelar. Tanky wizard that may give some folks pause when finding me in the wild.
    MY Own NIckle Co-operates with an EYE. -Mīonikoī.
  • Options
    Dünir or Tulnar probably for my main characters. The Vek look cool too. Never Elf or Human, except maybe if I make a temporary pack mule slave character. Humans and elves need to know their place in society (at the bottom).
  • Options
    py'rai for sure, very into forest themed areas and woodland architecture.
  • Options
    I will pick the coolest looking race because they look cool.
  • Options
    Mionikoi wrote: »
    I want to see what tul'nar look like before I choose. If it isn't something that looks good to me, I'll see what Kaelar looks like.

From what i have seen, Tulnar will look quite "flexible" in Character.

I have seen cool Characters with Horns.
    I have seen a cool Character with a Snout like a Lizard.

I have seen a cool Character with a Nose and Horns that reminded of the Bull-like Appearance of a Minotaur.

Oh i hope they will look like ABSOLUTE Badasses compared to those "nice and soft" looking Races like the Elves, Dwarves and Humans. Because right now, it looks like they could easily manage this.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    BehagueBehague Member
    edited November 2023
    Empyrean
    Snobby, Wealthy, Aristocratic.
    (Everything I'm not IRL :D )
    Why? For the aesthetics-
    I'll be the one in the Illustrious Featherstone Ensemble with my Glitterling, riding aimlessly in the Crowned Coach
    Or storming into battle atop the Stag of the Boughs donning the Titanbark Mail.
  • Options
    ErahhErahh Member
    Sad to see no dwarfs in the latest stream!
    dirnvhxxle1r.png
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I chose what race my wife likes best for looks. This keeps her playing when she can role play that she likes us as a couple. As in she would not find my char attractive if I was a Orc with tusks. I stick with that. What ever keeps her playing I do. Thats my story.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Jindoshi wrote: »
    If the Renkai orcs really look this good then I'll be playing these guys.

54rh5n6udies.png

If I was to pick a race for my preference, it would be this rare as well