Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Not around the corner but not years away = Soon(™️)

Comments

• Options
    zpzz7299qdmn.png
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    My assumption with the 17th of jan being end cosmetic packs would indicate the internal planned A2 release date would a little after that date with the option to bump it back based on hurdles they come across trying to hit that goal.
    Or the other possibility is that they plan to give A2 date in December livestream to give players a couple weeks to buy in once they have a date.

Cause why else would they give such 4 months from releasing pack and ending it if there wasnt a specific reason for that date
  • Options
    Interpreting the "not now but not years away" statement as "less than 24 months" we have about a time window of 17 months left for them to stick to be in the timeframe that statement has drawn. Taking into account that they want to start the tests for the A2 at the end of the year or by early 2024, I'd say looking at autumn 2024 to or new year 2025 is the safe bet here.

By now Intrepid has made clear they won't rush things and overall most people seem satisfied with the project and their policy so far.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    So, the real question is - will Ashes A2 or PoE 2 be out first?

@Fantmx

Your small discussion there with Mag amused me a little. Reminds me why I don't reply to his posts at all any more.

From what I can see, your first reply (when you said "Summer 2024 wouldn't be years") was to NiKr, not Mag. However, since Mag posted a reply literally a minute before your post, he mistakenly assumed your post was a reply to him - even though you didn't reference anything at all that he said, or quote him at all. Mag then did was Mag does, and got all defensive without actually knowing what's going on. I assume the reason you stopped replying to him was because you had no idea at all what he was talking about, mostly due to him not knowing at all what he was talking about.

Anyways, I was amused. Thought I'd share.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    Nah, I do think Fantmx answered Mag, cause my comment didn't have any mention of "years", while Mag's did. It's just that Mag was referencing the end of my comment, while Fantmx the start of it.

Classic miscommunication that got blown out of proportions :)
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Nah, I do think Fantmx answered Mag, cause my comment didn't have any mention of "years", while Mag's did. It's just that Mag was referencing the end of my comment, while Fantmx the start of it.

Classic miscommunication that got blown out of proportions :)

Possible, but I read the whole thing as Fantmx replying to your comment, with Stevens comment about alpha 2 not being years away as the frame for his context.

This is why if I am talking to any specific person, I make a point of quoting them - and why I often pull people up if they are attempting a discussion with me and not using the quote function (especially in a busy thread).
  • Options
    This is why if I am talking to any specific person, I make a point of quoting them - and why I often pull people up if they are attempting a discussion with me and not using the quote function (especially in a busy thread).
    Yep, I try to use quotes as much and as precisely as possible for this exact reason too :)
  • Options
    Yep, I try to use quotes as much and as precisely as possible for this exact reason too :)

Potentially why we rarely have any mis-communications - just occasional mis-understandings.
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Technically the beginning of 2025 wouldn't be years away either.
  • Options
    Fantmx wrote: »
    Yep, we've discussed that at length with Mag :)
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    I hope for a summer 24, but fear it might be holiday 24 or even start of 25.

That would be years, which they said it wasn't years. So why do you think that?

They said not years away in March 2023. They can have A2 not start till February 2025 and still technically not be "years".

Plus, surely you've learned not to trust Steven at this point regarding dates?
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Azherae wrote: »
    Also, I think they planned to do spot tests before that, and there's no point in trying to keep 'the existence of spot tests' hidden, because unlike leaks of the content itself, that information could theoretically travel much faster without being 'traced'.
    Steven said they will probably not reveal when they are having spot testing, for Marketing reasons.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Also, I think they planned to do spot tests before that, and there's no point in trying to keep 'the existence of spot tests' hidden, because unlike leaks of the content itself, that information could theoretically travel much faster without being 'traced'.
    Steven said they will probably not reveal when they are having spot testing, for Marketing reasons.

Now that's an interesting plan of attack...

I hope that works out as planned.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fantmx wrote: »
    Yep, we've discussed that at length with Mag :)

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Yea I just found out about this game recently and got the Voyager Plus, I’m sure I won’t see anything for a long time from buying it but still excited to heal in this game
  • Options
    Super jacked up on Copium... A2 will begin early 2024.........🤑
  • Options
    I also hope for early 2024.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited September 2023
    Mfcrackers wrote: »
    Super jacked up on Copium... A2 will begin early 2024.........🤑

The signs tend to point towards an aimed lat jan/febuary

1st- Why would September packs end on 17th of jan it such a specific number, it quite far out from september and it half way into a month most would think the pack would end at the end of a month for example. My theory here is either this is there current goal for A2 to come out around that time and provides them the option of delaying if needed
    or they plan to release an A2 date with december livestream which will allow players a couple weeks for purchasing in since alot of peopel waiting for a date before dropping cash

2nd the 17th is a wednsday which is often a good time to release a game or a patch because it provides the devs a couple of buiseness day that week to prep for the release then a couple days 2 fix any issues that arise so they can go home for the weekend

3rd We been told there internal spot testing at the end of this year (might already be happening) and this would indicate that they either need to get feedback on something specific or there testing servers for A2 launch and since they been saying this a few months back i tend to find it hard that its a specific something cause why woul they plan something like 5 months down the road to spot test rather than finishing ti and being like yo test to see if this is good unless it was for something major such as a A2 release prep

The signs tend to lead to late january being the planned date for A2 assuming no hiccups on the way
  • Options
    I have been saying February... but we will see... Take a big hit of Copium... and wait...
  • Options
    Mfcrackers wrote: »
    I have been saying February... but we will see... Take a big hit of Copium... and wait...

I hear that in Narc's Voice. :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    @NiKr I'm leaning towards summer now giving time for after throne and liberty.

Reception on the game has improved based on what I'm hearing and people are more excited for it.
  • Options
    NiKr I'm leaning towards summer now giving time for after throne and liberty.

Reception on the game has improved based on what I'm hearing and people are more excited for it.
    Did they say that TL will be in the first part of 24 in the west? And even if yes, that would imply no delays after the testing. We'll see. I still kinda doubt A2 is that close, even if I want it to be.
  • Options
    NiKr I'm leaning towards summer now giving time for after throne and liberty.

Did they say that TL will be in the first part of 24 in the west? And even if yes, that would imply no delays after the testing. We'll see. I still kinda doubt A2 is that close, even if I want it to be.

From what i hear its 3-5 months after the beta, we will see though.
  • Options
    a2 will probs start 3 months after tl is out xD
  • Options
    After understanding more on Throne and liberty I don't see how dygz will enjoy this game xD. It is pretty damn pvp focused.
  • Options
    After understanding more on Throne and liberty I don't see how dygz will enjoy this game xD. It is pretty damn pvp focused.

It isn't.

Dygz will definitely be fine.

• Options

It isn't.

It is though, everything about the game is heavy pvp including progression where you need to be in pvp areas to obtain the items.
  • Options

It isn't.

It is though, everything about the game is heavy pvp including progression where you need to be in pvp areas to obtain the items.

Alright, we've got the two detailed perspectives that both result from maximum personal experience, from here we go to the polls!

Since it's only the two of us, I think First Past The Post is sufficient to decide between the two platforms.

It'll be rough with the debate being canceled due to scheduling differences, but the electorate will have to use what they have.

• Options
    My current bet is that TL will be a pvpless barren desert on the second month after release :) NW 2: Korean Boogaloo.