Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How long will the Alpha-2 test last? Will it actually last until the official release of the game?

JusCallMeSynJusCallMeSyn Member
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
I have been digging and searching vigorously trying to find a definite answer to this question. It's been a HUGE topic amongst me and my friends and it has been the deciding factor on whether or not we will buy one the packs that grants access. Disclaimer: No one is forcing us to buy this nor do we think it's ridiculous to do so, we just really want to get our hands on the game and be apart of such a pivotal point in the games development. We really want to buy it but we just want to make sure that it's going to be what we're expecting. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yes, Alpha 2 will be live until launch and will run parallel with Beta 1 and 2.

For more information this is addressed at 28:12 here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=faeK_vQnnm0&t=1688s

Also at 1:08:50 here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=23GSdvV1dB0&t=4129s

As well as 25:25 here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=mD1q3aTRcPY&t=1522s

For any additional information the Ashes of Creation wiki is an incredible resource that always supplies their sources: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-2
  • Options
    Kudos to @Jamation for his detailed response.

But I too, searched vigourosly for 2 seconds on google and found the wiki that states in the first paragraph; "Alpha-2 will last until launch and will run in parallel with Beta-1 and Beta-2."
  • Options
    JusCallMeSynJusCallMeSyn Member
    edited September 2023
    Hartassen wrote: »

But I too, searched vigourosly for 2 seconds on google and found the wiki that states in the first paragraph; "Alpha-2 will last until launch and will run in parallel with Beta-1 and Beta-2."

Congratulations. I don't care that you know how to google, I wanted to hear them say it to confirm it. The question is already answered get off the forums and find something to do keyboard warrior
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    -_ -
  • Options
    Hartassen wrote: »

Congratulations. I don't care that you know how to google, I wanted to hear them say it to confirm it. The question is already answered get off the forums and find something to do keyboard warrior

But I like it here on the forums.

The wiki also has the links that Jamation used to send you youtube videos with timestamps.
  • Options
    Alpha 2 will run till game is basicly dont then u get a couple weeks fo beta then release, so expect A2 to last for 1-3 years :P
  • Options
    The $250 packs are around a year of sub time. Anything too far over that and Intrepid will hemorrhage cash real fast.
  • Options
    KingDDD wrote: »
    The $250 packs are around a year of sub time. Anything too far over that and Intrepid will hemorrhage cash real fast.
    I will continue buying cosmetics... if I like them.
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »

You can buy as many cosmetics as you like. That won't cover the necessary revenue to cover servers and support staff for well over 100k people. The alpha 2 packs are essentially a way for intrepid to get a year subscription from you in a upfront lump sum.
  • Options

You can buy as many cosmetics as you like. That won't cover the necessary revenue to cover servers and support staff for well over 100k people. The alpha 2 packs are essentially a way for intrepid to get a year subscription from you in a upfront lump sum.

I bought the $375 pack.
    Players who are more likely to buy fomo cosmetics end up in alpha 2.
    Alpha 2 can sustain itself like a free to play game does, just because it attracted the right audience, without even promising a game worth being played constantly during alpha 2 phase.
  • Options
    We really want to buy it but we just want to make sure that it's going to be what we're expecting. Thanks!

Just to help with your expectations: It's not a game yet, it's very very early, and there will be lots of wipes and resets and tasks to do. You won't be playing the game, you'll just be helping to make it better. If that's already what you're expecting, then great. :)

As always, have a good read of the wiki, check out the various in-game systems, and see if it's something you want to back: https://ashesofcreation.wiki
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    We really want to buy it but we just want to make sure that it's going to be what we're expecting. Thanks!

Just to help with your expectations: It's not a game yet, it's very very early, and there will be lots of wipes and resets and tasks to do. You won't be playing the game, you'll just be helping to make it better. If that's already what you're expecting, then great. :)

As always, have a good read of the wiki, check out the various in-game systems, and see if it's something you want to back: https://ashesofcreation.wiki

Yeah, those are my expectations and I'm completely fine with the fact that it really isn't a game yet and that wipes will happen. I understand that this game still has a bit to go and that's fine by me, I just want to be apart of its development where I can. I'll read up more on the wiki, much appreciated!
  • Options

And THAT is all that should count and be important regarding if one buys Stuff just for Cash and not unlocking it inside the Game itself.

F~xxx i had no Idea over the Dwarven Stuff like a Month ago. x'D Dwarves are so cool ... ...

Welp, no Choice but to wait and hope to get about the same kinda Stuff ingame when i play a Dwarf Character.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hopefully (for me) as long as possible.

Maximum value on all fronts.

Less selfishly, I hope that they are able to pull everything together really tightly and get out of Alpha-2 as their main 'platform' in 2.5 years from its Second start.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.