Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pineapple pizza in AoC?

MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avkj4-5z7io&t=2s
rgpo2yc5o9wn.png

The food of the highest skill requirement where only true master chefs of the highest professional level would achieve the honor of cooking a pineapple pizza.

Intrepid, think carefully, you could lose a great opportunity.
EDym4eg.png

Comments

• Options
    This is 100% a troll post.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2023
    Ppl that overreact about pinapple on pizza live 90% of the time online on chats, and are completely unaware of cuisines, other than McDonalds.

Here are a few more fruits found on hot dishes:
    Figs
    Apples
    Pears
    Oranges.
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    This is 100% a troll post.

?????
    Just imagine, imagine the potential of a real pineapple pizza being the highest rated dish in AoC.

Outside of jokes and polemic by lovers or haters , having a flagship dish that represents AoC .
    Something like Steven's sandal that represents something, could also be applied to some dish, animal, boss, mascot, etc.

EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    There is 0 logic or actual reasoning behind this.

Atleast make it more entertaining, make a hoemmade pineapple pizza yourself and lets see what you make.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    There is 0 logic or actual reasoning behind this.

Atleast make it more entertaining, make a hoemmade pineapple pizza yourself and lets see what you make.

I think the guys a person and not an oven...
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    dang... just got hungry..
  • Options
    Bbq sauce pizza >>>>>Pineapple pizza
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Chonkers wrote: »

If you have a smoky BBQ sauce, put it on a pineapple pizza.

If it is fresh pineapple (never use tinned on a pizza), it pairs incredibly well with anything smoked. This is why it is often paired with ham, and why char grilled pineapple is so damn good.
  • Options
    MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited September 2023

m6xaigbxf8k6.gif
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    dwarf pizza > pineapple pizza
    roasted dunir > kfc
  • Options
    Dunir = done 'ere
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avkj4-5z7io&t=2s
    rgpo2yc5o9wn.png

The food of the highest skill requirement where only true master chefs of the highest professional level would achieve the honor of cooking a pineapple pizza.

Intrepid, think carefully, you could lose a great opportunity.

if i see seomeone eating a pineapple pizza they are getting hit with 300 fireballs
    Referral Code : 8GTVW547SYDTHE6Nashesofcreation.com/r/8GTVW547SYDTHE6N
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    r20gepjq8xr7.jpg
    I'll take the bait.

PINEAPPLE PIZZA IS TRASH.

Eat normal human food like a normal human and stop trying to "blend" in you weird pineapple obsessed alien visitors.

dhzezt8rar38.jpeg

food taking culinary skill to master should be of a higher skill ceiling than simply dice fruit > place on dough > cook.

I would argue that perhaps a dessert or a pastry would require greater skill, like a chocolatier making giant chocolate swan centrepieces or a pastry chef assembling a voluminous divided rhubarb pie.

But either way if you have to add a pizza please don't let it be pineapple.

25141svs2is9.png
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Fairest wrote: »
    r20gepjq8xr7.jpg
    I'll take the bait.

Eat normal human food like a normal human and stop trying to "blend" in you weird pineapple obsessed alien visitors.

dhzezt8rar38.jpeg

food taking culinary skill to master should be of a higher skill ceiling than simply dice fruit > place on dough > cook.

I would argue that perhaps a dessert or a pastry would require greater skill, like a chocolatier making giant chocolate swan centrepieces or a pastry chef assembling a voluminous divided rhubarb pie.

25141svs2is9.png

How can you be the fairest if you are anti-pineapple pizza? 😆
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Pizza on the pineapple or pineapple on the pizza?
    ztd3tvie6dud.jpg
    I'm not so sure they have pineapples but i might presume the idea of pizza seems more likely.
  • Options
    o:) Pizza stuffed into a pineapple would be an additional league of corruption. o:)
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2023
    Neurath wrote: »
    r20gepjq8xr7.jpg
    I'll take the bait.

dhzezt8rar38.jpeg

25141svs2is9.png

Because being against pineapple pizza is by definition, fair?

It's all the weirdos who think it's okay that are being unfair to the rest of us.

This will be the true driving force of the Great War of Verra, when it comes. Families will be torn apart by ideology, etc (or at least mine will).
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    r20gepjq8xr7.jpg
    I'll take the bait.

dhzezt8rar38.jpeg

25141svs2is9.png

utvypc7gf6em.gif
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Azherae wrote: »
    Neurath wrote: »
    r20gepjq8xr7.jpg
    I'll take the bait.

dhzezt8rar38.jpeg

25141svs2is9.png

Because being against pineapple pizza is by definition, fair?

It's all the weirdos who think it's okay that are being unfair to the rest of us.

This will be the true driving force of the Great War of Verra, when it comes. Families will be torn apart by ideology, etc (or at least mine will).

The silly thing here is - pineapple is recognized as being a good match for a number of cheeses (some manufacturers actually recomment pairing them). Pork products and pineapple are recognized as going well together, and pork products on pizza are standard.

As combinations, these three ingredients all work well together. The only people that disagree are those that dislike one of these ingredients all together, or those that don't like sweet and savory ingredients together (and who also don't realize that pineapple not from a can isn't necessarily that sweet - I usually use a slightly unripe pineapple for cooking, rather than one ripe enough for fresh eating).

Like many things, this discussion is one where there are a few valid opinions (not liking pizza, for example), but is otherwise mostly dominated by people that are not overly well informed (pineapple always comes from a can and thus is too sweet for a pizza).

I agree with people that say a bad pinapple and ham pizza (the only pizza that should have pineapple) is bad. It really is bad.

However, a good pineapple and ham pizza is one of the best you could ever eat. It beats a margherita (otherwise my favorate) by an actual mile - but only if done actually well (something most pizza places simply aren't capable of doing).
  • Options
    I'll take the bait.

As one that has made rhubarb pie and pineapple pizza, I can tell you, that pie, is far easier to make then that pizza. Now, if you want to start talking about stuff that is hard to get right try Macarons, Pot Pies, Curry, Beef Wellington or Consomme. All of those are actually difficult to make, Rhubarb pie and Pineapple pizza are easy as pie (pun intended) Heck even NY Pie (pizza) is harder then either of those two. But again, of the two, Rhubarb or Pineapple, the Pineapple is much more difficult.
  • Options
    What about a Tulnar pizza? Pry more tasty than pineapple on a pizza?!
  • Options
    RazThemun wrote: »
    What about a Tulnar pizza? Pry more tasty than pineapple on a pizza?!

d2frpw5rmgxz.png
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited October 2023

There would need to be a logical Reason for something like for example "something EXACTLY LIKE PIZZA" to be in the ingame World, in the first place. ;)

Like : even if it looks a LOT like a Pizza : you can be 99,99% sure that the People and Races of Verra would have a different Name for something like that.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2023
    People who harp on against pineapple on pizzas have clearly lost the plot. It's fine if you personally don't like it, but to suggest it's some sort of abomination puts you on par with flat earthers in my book. To somehow suggest that fruit doesn't enhance savoury dishes boggles the mind. Duck à l'Orange isn't a thing all of a sudden? You vehemently avoid the grapes served with the cheese? Apples don't go great with pork anymore? You just refuse to put cranberry sauce on your turkey? You make the PBJ sandwiches without the J? Tomatoes are fruits too, for fracks sake!

Intrepid, please, not only do I want you to add pineapple pizza to the game, I want it to be a legendary recipe providing the best food buffs available.

I want you to add a section to the TOS for A2 and Release that players must agree to never disparage pineapple on pizza in the game or on the forums.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nerror wrote: »
    People who harp on against pineapple on pizzas have clearly lost the plot. It's fine if you personally don't like it, but to suggest it's some sort of abomination puts you on par with flat earthers in my book. To somehow suggest that fruit doesn't enhance savoury dishes boggles the mind. Duck à l'Orange isn't a thing all of a sudden? You vehemently avoid the grapes served with the cheese? Apples don't go great with pork anymore? You just refuse to put cranberry sauce on your turkey? You make the PBJ sandwiches without the J? Tomatoes are fruits too, for fracks sake!

Intrepid, please, not only do I want you to add pineapple pizza to the game, I want it to be a legendary recipe providing the best food buffs available.

I want you to add a section to the TOS for A2 and Release that players must agree to never disparage pineapple on pizza in the game or on the forums.

Oh yeah!?

Well 90% of the people who support pineapple on pizza turn out to by hypocrites if you talk to them for a few minutes about food combinations, so THERE!

Acknowledge and cower before my nuanced point!
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »

If you have a smoky BBQ sauce, put it on a pineapple pizza.

If it is fresh pineapple (never use tinned on a pizza), it pairs incredibly well with anything smoked. This is why it is often paired with ham, and why char grilled pineapple is so damn good.

QOTC
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    r20gepjq8xr7.jpg
    I'll take the bait.

dhzezt8rar38.jpeg

25141svs2is9.png

It’s better then you, stinky.
  • Options
    ShabooeyShabooey Member
    edited October 2023
    To add to what @Noaani has said. Char grilled pineapple with cinnamon on it is outrageously good!
    I'll have to try it with a BBQ base and see how it is.

I think Ashes need to add a pineapple pizza decoration to the game haha
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Shabooey wrote: »
    To add to what @Noaani has said. Char grilled pineapple with cinnamon on it is outrageously good!
    I'll have to try it with a BBQ base and see how it is.

I think Ashes need to add a pineapple pizza decoration to the game haha

I get it for desert every time I eat brasilian.
  • Options
    That's where I had it first and I've never looked back.