Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Come put your bet on the release date of Alpha 2 in 2024. Updated for A2 in Q3

TetterianTetterian Member, Founder, Kickstarter
edited January 16 in General Discussion
Give your bet on a release date for the no NDA Alpha 2 and get the bragging rights when the real date is revealed.

Mine is Q2 - June the 21st.

Edit:
So that turned out awkward for me.. What so ever - 14 people guessed right for a release in Q3, with one person using his copium skills for a release date in July. Give it another shot within Q3.

Mine is August the 30th.

Comments

• Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2023
    My guess is their hoping for sometime in April or May but it could be delayed a bit depending on what comes up during spot tests. For sure they're planning no later than Q3. A planned Q4 launch wouldn't leave them enough time to fix any issues that might come up during the spot tests. I think it's safe to say those of us who will be getting a spot test invite will be able to test within the next 4-6 months.

I know I'm going to be checking my Email multiple times a week going forward for that spot test invite.
  • Options
    Q3 Sept. 16
  • Options
    17th July.
  • Options
    fall 2024
    sorry for my bad english, my native langage is french.
  • Options
    April 20th, yolo blaze it!
  • Options
    January 1st!

....Or does this not work by the "Price is Right" rules?

• Options
    Sept 7th 2024
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I'd say Q1/Q2. Most people take their PTO during Q3 and then you have Thanksgiving and Christmas in Q4 which is a no-go when employees are needed to roll out A2. Q2 would be ideal as a soft Alpha 2 launch and then open up for more A2 testers for summer when kids are out of school/or adults taking time off from work.

Another thing, if people expect actual launch of game to happen about a year after A2 launch, then keep in mind companies don't launch any products during summer time anymore because the demand is no longer there. Hence why every single business is struggling currently from a marketing side during summer time.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    BalanzBalanz Member
    edited October 2023
    March 26, 2024, exactly two decades to the day after I rage quit original EverQuest specifically, and MMOs in general.
  • Options
    June 21st, with a six month +/-variance.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    March
  • Options
    January 1st!

....Or does this not work by the "Price is Right" rules?

Does anyone want to "January 2nd" me? I mean, if the Price is Right has taught us anything?

Anyone who over-bids is autmotically-out, versus those of us who under-bid....

• Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited October 2023
    Late January with no delays. (optimistic since there always delays with MMO's)
    February/march with the delays depending how bad the delays set them back.

People will be like your dreaming but there is reasoning/logic behind the dates :P

Its unlikely it planned Q3/4 (can be psuhed back with delays though) reason for this is it not gonna be planned for Q4 cause it leaves no room for delays, Q3 fall into this catagory aswell since it so far away there more chances of delays to occur so i highly doubt it planned for Q3 aswell.
    Which leaves Q1/Q2 but now if we look at cosmetic pack end date being the 17th of January which is such a random number for the date to end thats it not an arbitrary number there some reason for it. there 2 reasons i can think of for that date
    1 - The current internal planned A2 date is 17th of Jan, being a wednsday is also a random day in the scheme of thing and doesnt make sense unless it was A2 release date since it would allow 2 days to prep for the release and then 2 days to fix issues from the release so they can enjoy the weekend, logicly wednsday would be an ideal launch day on the devs point of view otherwise packs should of ended on a friday or sunday logicaly not a wednsday or the start/end of a month
    2 - December livestream is most likly gonna take place the first week of January and we will probaly see a big announcement this livestream being the date of A2 or atleast the quarter it being release this would allow players 2 weeks to buy into A2 now that they got a more concrete date which would also explain the 17th of january cute off date for A2 purchases although that doesnt explain the Wednsday cut off date logic would dictate it would of been a friday or sunday.

Atleast thats just a theory an alpha theory :D

edit: There also the intenral/PI testing that was planned ages ago for the end of this year which would also indicate early next yeah A2 since you dont plan internal testing that far ahead unless it something big otherwise you would do small testing as u finish things to get feedback asap
  • Options

Q3 At least
    Referral Code : 8GTVW547SYDTHE6Nashesofcreation.com/r/8GTVW547SYDTHE6N
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Jan is a bit optimistic imo. Jan is a likely date for A1 players to be allowed in to spot test though. Intrepid will need to do a few NDA spot tests with time in between to fix bugs. Once they're confident enough to allow the general public to view the game they'll want at least a month to generate hype before A2. I say April at the earliest for A2
  • Options
    darthaden wrote: »
    Jan is a bit optimistic imo. Jan is a likely date for A1 players to be allowed in to spot test though. Intrepid will need to do a few NDA spot tests with time in between to fix bugs. Once they're confident enough to allow the general public to view the game they'll want at least a month to generate hype before A2. I say April at the earliest for A2

spot testing was planned for end of this year (like 4 months ago or something) and it under NDA so they cant talk about it even when it happens. assuming thats there still on track from that and going by when alpha pack ending at 17th of jan all signs currently lead to the 17th is there intended launch assuming nothing has push them back.
    to many signs lead to late jan to be a coincidence, we also know there currently working on redwood forest atleast design wise which would also indicate that the biomes they intend to have for A2 is completed from a landscape perspective, since there no reason to be working on a biome currently if A2 biome were not completed. it could also be somewhat safely assumed that Riverlands/Dessert/Badland/Tropics and jundark are most likly completed at the stage landscape wise aswell because it seems they been working on riverland and working on the surrounding biomes and working there way up north, table top mountain wil be the next one they work on after the redwood forest. This would also explain somewhat with the mix up with the 3rd biome when steven talked about what biome we will see in A2 he responded to this quest 3 times and every time it been different.
    Riverlands/Desert/bit of badland
    Riverlands/desert/jungle
    Riverland Desert /tropics
    3rd one is always different and using above logic all 3 of these would be completed if they are indeed working there way north from riverlands with development and it would explain the slip of the tonge when it comes 2 the third biome if they are completed landscape wise
    Chances are A2 map will be all of riverlands/desert along with some of the badlands the SE side of the tropics (not including island) since we know where not getting naval content it wouldnt make sense to include the tropic islands (we could get a raft though but i doubt it atm) and possibly the eastern side of the Jundark

Just how logicly thing seems to line up from what we seen/heard info wise
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    9/23/24 - 10/7/24
  • Options
    February!!!! 02/03/2024
  • Options
    Probably late Q3 early Q4 2024
  • Options
    ZuyaZuya Member
    edited October 2023
    The optimist says Q2 April 20th, the realist Q3 Sept. no clue day wise.
  • Options
    Q1 or Q2.
    Q3 or Q4 makes no sense due to the risk of delays along with vacations and holidays.
  • Options
    Tetterian wrote: »
    Give your bet on a release date for the no NDA Alpha 2 and get the bragging rights when the real date is revealed.

Mine is Q2 - June the 21th.

Around or exactly -> 27th of May, 2024.

It would just feel right to start into the mighty Testings, when the Weather is nice and the Air is sweet and not to cold anymore.

Otherwise if People would like to enjoy the brightest Moments in the Year more outside instead of holed in, i am all for starting already around January, February or March,

but i have a Feeling that might not happen. Ashes of Creation is known for the " Good things take time "-kinda thingy, as it has like Four Years or more between Alpha One and now alone, hasn't it ?

Plus they only announced " 2024 " - indicating they might not be able to make it "early 2024".

But it would surely - kinda(?lol) - suck big time, if they already announced it -> and then we still need to wait like a whole Year - so to around October 2024.

This is why i personally - hope for around Middle of the Year, hopefully a little bit sooner. Just my gutfeeling.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    3rd week of August.
  • Options
    Q3 - I think Q1 and Q2 are too early and hopefully they'll polish the game to an impressive level with the spot testing which I hope will be in Q2 2024. Q4 is simply too late just in case they need to postpone. If Steven can confidently say 2024, there must have been a consideration for a possible 2-3 month delay at the minimum.

More specific date: August 29th - Thursday... it's before the long Labor Day weekend in the US when students are also back from their summer vacations and back on campus. Labor Day weekend is ideal for the opening weekend of a game for obvious reasons. The Thursday before this weekend is the best release date, because even the most anticipated games benefit from a built hype of a few days.
  • Options
    StalwartStalwart Member
    edited October 2023
    March 15th, my birthday.

Seriously thinking late Q2, early Q3. I won't complain if it's earlier.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    👀
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    May 25, 2024.
    i0xzy5byic4r.png
  • Options
    I'm going to guess mid to late August they drop the NDA. About the same time of the year they dropped the Alpha 1 NDA iirc.
  • Options
    Hello, I am from the future. Looking back at old internet records, AoC Alpha 2 was released on March 19th, 2024