Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Come put your bet on the release date of Alpha 2 in 2024. Updated for A2 in Q3

Comments

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1st of July for a2 start, with the date being announced on April 1st. Just so nobody believes it and everyone thinks Steven is trolling.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    BalanzBalanz Member
    edited October 2023
    Rexxy wrote: »
    Hello, I am from the future. Looking back at old internet records, AoC Alpha 2 was released on March 19th, 2024
    How far in the future?

Obviously before the Great Flare.

• Options
    3Snap3Snap Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    April 1st 2024...... to keep us guessing haha
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Due to NDA I can only say so much but I'm a Braver of Worlds level Kickstarter backer. That level means I was part of the A1 testing and I'm pred
    Fairest wrote: »
    1st of July for a2 start, with the date being announced on April 1st. Just so nobody believes it and everyone thinks Steven is trolling.

April 1st would be a great day to announce A2 has been delayed. Pretty sure Steven doesn't have to guts to pull a joke like that atm. Someone would probably get so butthurt they'd burn down the studio
  • Options
    Hartassen wrote: »
    Q1 or Q2.
    Q3 or Q4 makes no sense due to the risk of delays along with vacations and holidays.

Q3 and Q4 are the biggest launch months. September to November is always big for games. Including MMOs.

My prediction October 1st with a sept 24th stream.

My copium wants to say June 4th but I don't think there's any reason to launch A2 early
  • Options
    HartassenHartassen Member
    edited October 2023
    Fiddlez wrote: »
    Hartassen wrote: »
    Q1 or Q2.
    Q3 or Q4 makes no sense due to the risk of delays along with vacations and holidays.

Q3 and Q4 are the biggest launch months. September to November is always big for games. Including MMOs.

My prediction October 1st with a sept 24th stream.

My copium wants to say June 4th but I don't think there's any reason to launch A2 early

They don't need big launch months? They have over 100k users for alpha 2 already.
  • Options
    A slow month would actually be preferred. Why wait until there's other games to distract people from testing? Let's see how the servers hold up when there's 10k players online at the same time and nodes start developing
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited October 2023
    Well let's say they forgo giving us a Ranger, Fighter, or Tank update stream like they did with Cleric. We still need Bard and Rogue before A2 drops so that's 2 streams there (Summoner isn't in at A2 start but the other archetypes are).

Then we know we're getting some sort of crafting update at some point per the April or May stream (which Steven said was soon even then) so that's another stream.

Then we know we're getting a Caravan update at some point in the next couple of months from what Steven said in the Village update stream.

Then Steven wrote in Discord that we should expect a "couple more node showcases before A2" so that's at least 2 more node showcases.

Then this months stream is an update involving "Rivers" so you could guess it's maybe something like Fishing or maybe a tiny naval update (even though naval won't be in A2 at the beginning).

And finally, maybe they do another "Year in review" stream in December like they did last year instead of an actual update.

So that alone is 7 or 8 streams before A2. They also need to do spot-testing with inviting PI > A1 > A2 backers in that order first.

So I'll say September or October next year for A2. I doubt Steven would want to launch A2 in December as that means he'd most likely need staff actively on call over Christmas to deal with any server outages that would almost certainly arise so it makes sense to launch A2 a couple months before Christmas to allow the playerbase to die down and stuff to stabilise.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Alpha 2 Dec. 25 2024, Alpha 3 Sept. 2025,Closed beta Oct. 2026, Open beta July 2027, release Christmas 2028.
  • Options
    nuri123 wrote: »
    Alpha 2 Dec. 25 2024, Alpha 3 Sept. 2025,Closed beta Oct. 2026, Open beta July 2027, release Christmas 2028.

There is no alpha 3 or open beta.
  • Options
    June 18
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Monday, August the 5th, because that is the day my summer vacation ends and work begins anew with a super busy month. July 1st would be amazing, but I doubt I am that lucky :wink:
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    Monday, August the 5th, because that is the day my summer vacation ends and work begins anew

Probably the most accurate reason for a prediction yet
  • Options
    Q2/3
  • Options
    I can't go full Price is Right with January 2, but I'll say January 24. A week after the sales end and it would make a kind gift on my end. 😅
  • Options
    Mid to late summer 2024, so some time in July or August
  • Options
    In the year 3535

Oh wait, this isn't Camelot Unchained

If I had a real guess... late Q1. I think what they have been showing off lately is already highly playable. There may be a lot more systems that are still mock ups than we are aware of, but it just doesn't seem that way to me. I don't think a persistent alpha state is very far off just from what I have seen of recent gameplay. Things are rough in spots, but it looks like the frameworks are there and I have played worse looking launch states.
  • Options
    TetterianTetterian Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited January 16
    Awesome to see so many well-placed guesses - some got it right others have already been proven wrong. Give it another shot within the Q3 timeline to get the bragging rights that's almost as cool as guessing the date the first time.
  • Options
    Tuesday, August 13th 2024
  • Options
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    3rd week of August.

Right now i think the same, due to the Quarter Three Announcement.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 17
    I'll stick with my August 5th. date :wink: It's gonna be close at least I think. If nothing else, a spot test.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For you all, August 27th was Ashes of Creation Alpha 2 date... for me, it was Tuesday.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    11th August! :]
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Sept 10th
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited January 18
    9th of july Steven birthday i beleive (also anniversary of A1 preview weekend)
    14th of july Anniversary of A1
    15th of july same as above but delayed one day since the above date is a sunday and monday would make more sense
  • Options
    500 gold on March
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    September, Friday the 13th
  • Options
    RoxiRoxi Member
    August 28 2024
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I say it gets pushed to October due to unforeseen events.
  • Options
    They gave a big hint in one of the latest live streams about which three days of the week it will likely be. The probability eliminates 57% of the days in Q3.