Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

L2's private stores or WoW's auction house?

Is any type of trading mats, parts confirmed or is it still to be decided? 🤔

Comments

• Options
    those personal shops in the economic nodes could be quite interesting which brings up a question of if guild housings will have something similar but exclusive to guild members? kind of like a vending machine for the guild to use if need be
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You can also trade items between alts using personal storage inside your accommodation.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited October 2023
    Economic nodes should be the only one with an AH/marketplace however i think player stores should be abailable to all nodes to sell stuff however appartently this become an option when there atleast 1 economy metro node but i guess it make an economy R6 node somewhat mandatory on the server.
    Non economic player stall could have realy small inventory for selling thing i guess compared to say one from an economy node
  • Options
    I think player stalls can be in any node if the Mayor builds the appropriate structure.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited October 2023
    Neurath wrote: »
    I think player stalls can be in any node if the Mayor builds the appropriate structure.

Currently wiki says other wise which is all we got to go on atm.

Certificates to place Personal shops (player-owned shops) may be purchased by citizens and non-citizens from Economic nodes.[16][17][18]

These certificates allow the placement of a personal shop near the unique building in an economic node or on a freehold.[16][17][18]
    Once the economic node has reached metropolis stage, personal shops may be placed anywhere in the world.[16][18]
    When a character creates a personal shop, a billboard pops up above them with a custom advertisement message for items or services available on that character's person. Purchasers can interact directly with the character to purchase these items or service

But of course things are subjected to change but this is what we got currently.

if i recall correctly you can only sell materials (harvesting mats and processed goods) on T3 economic nodes or something too and after i think R4 it could be 5 you can also sell completed items
  • Options
    At least at the time I tried it, WoW had an unreasonably short market-listing time. Am really hoping we don't go that route with listing-times in AoC, as it kinda felt a bit FOMO.

• Options
    At least at the time I tried it, WoW had an unreasonably short market-listing time. Am really hoping we don't go that route with listing-times in AoC, as it kinda felt a bit FOMO.

I hope the Auction House matches SWG's.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

Aye! Though to be fair?

SWG had/has one of the LONGEST listing-times in the MMO genre. The Market terminals were only for 7 days at a time - but player-shop vendors have 30 days listing time, and 45 days additional "back-stock" time in which to either retrieve the items, or re-list them for sale. 75 days to have something be kept by a vendor NPC's inventory is pretty subjectively long, for MMOs.

• Options

Aye! Though to be fair?

SWG had/has one of the LONGEST listing-times in the MMO genre. The Market terminals were only for 7 days at a time - but player-shop vendors have 30 days listing time, and 45 days additional "back-stock" time in which to either retrieve the items, or re-list them for sale. 75 days to have something be kept by a vendor NPC's inventory is pretty subjectively long, for MMOs.

I think its all relative. I wouldn't want the personal stores to have the same parameters. Just the auction house. However, only for buy it now items. I think auctions should only last 7 days. I don't mind how long it takes for the back stock times at all though.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif