Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Block list for healing

Since you can loose exp and resources when dying it might be a bit stressful for some people to play on cleric
When someone in your party die and loose resources he can(will for sure) blame you for that

I want block list mechanic for healing (next gen for sure)
When someone in my block list he is not receiving healing from my AOE spells
If this mechanic will exist people will be SO polite to healers
Thank you for your attention

Comments

• Options
    KilionKilion Member
    edited November 2023
    I think the second to last line in your post reveals where the issue lies with this: It will become a tool for healers to demand compliance with basically no bounds.^^
    Of course blackmailing players also becomes possible that way.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    most games has lack of healers and tanks
    this mechanic will help to increace amount of healers in my view
  • Options
    MyosotysMyosotys Member
    edited November 2023
    Chastiefol wrote: »
    Since you can loose exp and resources when dying it might be a bit stressful for some people to play on cleric
    When someone in your party die and loose resources he can(will for sure) blame you for that

If someone blame me because he doesn't like my heal I'll tell him f**k off I'll not heal you anymore.
  • Options
    Myosotys wrote: »

If someone blame me because he doesn't like my heal I'll tell him f**k off I'll not heal you anymore.

but he will get AOE healing anyway that's why you need this feature
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    edited November 2023

dont invite them to party? olol

also dont be bitter and resentful. if they blame u who cares? pl usually blame others. ur still farming. keep healing and keep farming
  • Options
    Next time you better just dont let him die
  • Options
    I get what your saying honestly, however I think you overestimate the power of an AOE heal vs a direct heal. Its almost guaranteed that a direct heal will be needed on players throughout a battle, best thing you can do if you really hate a player is to never let the direct heal affect them, they will die plenty as a result don't worry.
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

also dont be bitter and resentful. if they blame u who cares? pl usually blame others. ur still farming. keep healing and keep farming

You have very few experience in MMO i think
    You can be in guild with such people you don't like to heal
    You can meet them on BG in your raid
    You can meet them on Siege in your raid
    You can meet them on WB in your raid
  • Options

Sounds like a you issue.
  • Options
    This game won't have the "rando" groups most think - Vast majority will be in guilds and this won't be an issue; yes I play healer
  • Options
    I sure hope we don't have random aoe heals. Healers should only be able to heal their party - that's it. No "healing a raid/guild/alliance/randos". You can obviously target someone directly and heal whoever (I'd prefer even PKers), but none of that "my aoes heal whoeverthefuck is in it".
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    I sure hope we don't have random aoe heals. Healers should only be able to heal their party - that's it. No "healing a raid/guild/alliance/randos". You can obviously target someone directly and heal whoever (I'd prefer even PKers), but none of that "my aoes heal whoeverthefuck is in it".

you can just not read messages in chat you don't like
    but block list exist still
  • Options
    you can just not read messages in chat you don't like
    but block list exist still
    And I want healers to not even exist in "general" chat. Only PMs and group chat. Blocking 99.9% of the server just so that I don't heal them "by accident" is beyond annoying and tedious.
  • Options
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    ... best thing you can do if you really hate a player is to never let the direct heal affect them, they will die plenty as a result don't worry.
    ... to not be in team with that player.
    Also sell him red poison potions :D
  • Options
    If your group is not polite enough for you, you have bigger problems, and the group will dissolve in a few hours.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I totally thought this was going to be about the equivalent of FFXI's '/blockaid' function.

I don't really think I'd use this, but I don't care about whether it exists or not. I do need /blockaid though. Nothing worse than 'someone stealing your mob or messing with boss mechanics by healing you randomly to get hate'.

Sure, we can solve it, but you can't CC greens, and having to flag up and possibly even go red because someone is constantly overhealing your Spellsword will get old real fast, because this often doesn't work out even remotely the same as 'them actually attacking the enemy' despite it theoretically being the same.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    ....When someone in your party die and loose resources he can(will for sure) blame you for that....

When yours truly is playing healer? The problem isn't me; it's you.

• Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    I'm curious OP, are there any problems you see with this idea? Perhaps the same as other's have pointed out, or any that you can think of?

Are there any other ways in which you think the problem you feel could be solved? Perhaps it's worth dissecting the core of your concern further <3

Look forward to hearing additional thoughts on this!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    DryadezDryadez Member
    edited December 2023

It almost sounds like you pick being a healer just to feel more important than others. And that you are willing to cause damage to the greater good of whatever situation you may be in by taking aoe healing away from allies just to be vindictive.

Healers aren't the only ones who get bashed on, you can choose not to heal someone specifically that's your choice. But personally if someone is bashing me because I made a mistake I just roll my eyes and think "oh he's right i messed up" and try to better myself as long as he is also pulling his weight. Just my two cents, don't take things so personally.

I had to get through WoW arenas being verbally ripped to shreds at times, but in their weird incel anger was some truth. Sometimes I DID make a mistake, they can word it better or grow up and tell me like an adult where i went wrong without the rudeness. But if you weed those parts out and just look at the advice inbetween the lines it usually is actually good advice if it's coming from a good and capable player that treats this like a full time job.
  • Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I just cant see a good reason for this.

In MMOs, you make parties to do content. If you dont like someone, dont party with them in the first place. That should be the end of the discussion here.

Every time I read this and consider posting I always come back to the same thought. This is just a way to murder people in your own party without suffering any of the consequences for doing so.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

No one is entitled to respect because they chose to play a role.

This just sets a precedent where someone with a poor attitude and flawed character can play a healer and create problems for others.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    In my experience, the few healers that actually get blamed enough to consider it an issue are actually the ones at fault themselves.

Ive blamed healers for deaths and wipes a number of times. However, every time it has been because it was their fault. By far the most common version of this is when they werent where they were supposed to be (and where they were told to be), and then tried to blame others for being out of their range. If the healer were doing as they were told, the person that was out of their range (and doing what they were told) would have been in said healers range.

Generally speaking, if you are constantly being blamed for being a poor healer (enough to ask for game systems to attempt to stop it), you are probably a poor healer.
  • Options
    The only option that I have seen for this is simply make any aoe heal only heal your group and no one else.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    The only option that I have seen for this is simply make any aoe heal only heal your group and no one else.

My expectation is that some AoE heals will be group only, some will be raid only, and some will be any nearby ally.

It seems an oversight to me to not have every option - in a game where players can basically pick and chose which abilities they have.
  • Options

and? we arent in my little pony world. sometimes you get a dick in your party if you dont have a constant party. im not gonna let him die anyways. i want to beat the raid, i want to win the siege, i wanna win the pvp, etc. so ill heal.

people get too hurt over words from a stranger on the internet.
  • Options
    DryadezDryadez Member
    edited December 2023
    I'm telling you sometimes just asking them what you could of done better is actually a big help to you. Maybe you forgot to use a certain ability, or your priorities were off, or your gear needs some tweaking. I've had team members that just tell me "wow you're bad" and I'm like "ok what can I do better" and they usually actually take the time to help you (probably surprised that you didn't just shade them back) because it's definitely been my fault more than a handful of times.
  • Options
    Dryadez wrote: »
    I'm telling you sometimes just asking them what you could of done better is actually a big help to you. Maybe you forgot to use a certain ability, or your priorities were off, or your gear needs some tweaking. I've had team members that just tell me "wow you're bad" and I'm like "ok what can I do better" and they usually actually take the time to help you (probably surprised that you didn't just shade them back) because it's definitely been my fault more than a handful of times.

i completely agree with you, but lets be honest, sometimes we get some leeroy jenkins in our party xDDD.

what i usually do whether i play healer or not is test the waters fist. playing with people i dont know? or a new area with people i know? we dont go in and pull everything. we try 1 mob, then 2 or 3, etc, nd see how much we can handle.

also, sometimes, when someone fks up really badly, the best thing to do is to let them die and res, otherwise you put the entire party in danger
  • Options
    DryadezDryadez Member
    edited December 2023
    Dryadez wrote: »

i completely agree with you, but lets be honest, sometimes we get some leeroy jenkins in our party xDDD.

what i usually do whether i play healer or not is test the waters fist. playing with people i dont know? or a new area with people i know? we dont go in and pull everything. we try 1 mob, then 2 or 3, etc, nd see how much we can handle.

also, sometimes, when someone fks up really badly, the best thing to do is to let them die and res, otherwise you put the entire party in danger

right I don't think the first place my mind goes to is "What did you just say? Ok enjoy no heals, actually added to ignore, now you perma get no heals and when I forget you are on my ignore list along with 500 other people because I can't take criticism and weeks later we end up in a raid together people will wonder why you're dying so much and we keep crashing"

Liikkee thats just not it
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Classic,
    Damage role being dumb dumbs blaming the healers for not out healing their skill issues situationally.
    Healers complaining they cant out heal their groups skill issues and demand to be over-tuned so players play them more.

I will say though, Tank and Healers usually have a lot more pressure thrown on them over the damage role especially with how bad the damage role players generally are across many games.

I've seen and heard it all. The arguments, the blame game, the stupidity, the low skill issues, the excuses.
  • Options

serious.gif

Just tell them that you can only heal damage, you can't heal stupid.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/