Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Does anyone else wanna just be a nobody?

13»

Comments

• Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited December 2023
    Caww wrote: »
    "the champion, the savior, the godkinghero..." if nobody else wants the job, I'll take it....

I can imagine to actually have Titles like " Mayor " for Example, as long as someone is Mayor,

or "The Wanderer" or so - when You travelled and UUUUUNNNBELIEVABLE Amount of Distance through the Lands ingame, like putting in as much Time as a Reallife Year or Two ... ...

Job or not. You can probably become known. For Example when You become a "Grandmaster" for one or two Professions/Artisanships.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Yep, pretty tired of the messianic story lines. Here's my plan on day 1:

1. Walk through portal
    2. Find the tallest mountains on the horizon
    3. Walk that way and never look back
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »

1. Walk through portal

I love that idea! pretty much me but with the thickest forest area i can find and contributing to that node
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Depraved wrote: »
    you messed up my quote, i didnt say that ;-;

Oh !! (.__.) x'D

Apologies. I noticed after like Three or Four Quotations, the "List" to put them into a Comment, doesn't function properly anymore. Looks like i failed to sort them out correctly. ^.^;"

ohh XD i just manually type quote and /quote within the [ ] to avoid that ;-;
  • Options

1. Walk through portal

1. Walk through portal
    2. Talk to man begging to retrieve child abducted by bandits
    3. Check YouTube how to do that
  • Options

1. Walk through portal

So, you're heading to the mountains are you :smile:
  • Options
    Here's my plan on day 1:

1. Walk through portal

Spoken like a true Son of the Dwaves.

Will You strive to create and build a City above the Mountain ? Or underneath it ? >;-)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Here's my plan on day 1:

1. Walk through portal

Spoken like a true Son of the Dwaves.

Will You strive to create and build a City above the Mountain ? Or underneath it ? >;-)

Neither. The mountain will give me a better view of what to explore next.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Neither. The mountain will give me a better view of what to explore next.

Smart Decision. But is there a certain kind of Biome you would like to settle in ?

Somewhere cold ? Somewhere sunny and hot ? ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Smart Decision. But is there a certain kind of Biome you would like to settle in ?

Settle? No. There is plenty to explore, and wandering is a good thing.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    DryadezDryadez Member
    edited December 2023

brings meaning to the phrase "not all who wander are lost"
  • Options

You should be a raven :)

mlcryxt01yya.png

• Options
    Raven016 wrote: »

You should be a raven :)

mlcryxt01yya.png

Dwarven ranger. Already an outlier, why not be consistent?

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2023
    Dryadez wrote: »
    I mean do we even know what's going on in Sanctus and why we are having this mass exodus to begin with? But I don't think theres any official lore saying anyone is a Hero for existing in Verra, if you wanna think were all Heroes have at it my friend. Your story is yours and your views are yours. This is a strange hill to fight on.
    We do know. Yes.
    For one thing, I'm really just repeating what Steven told me when I said something similar to him about just being a peon, rather than a hero. "Everyone in the game is a hero just for going through the Portal to explore Verra.
    And... people are going through the Portals to re-discover what is left of Verra.
    "Mass exodus" is overly dramatic.
  • Options
    DryadezDryadez Member
    edited December 2023
    Dygz wrote: »
    Dryadez wrote: »
    I mean do we even know what's going on in Sanctus and why we are having this mass exodus to begin with? But I don't think theres any official lore saying anyone is a Hero for existing in Verra, if you wanna think were all Heroes have at it my friend. Your story is yours and your views are yours. This is a strange hill to fight on.
    We do know. Yes.
    For one thing, I'm really just repeating what Steven told me when I said something similar to him about just being a peon, rather than a hero. "Everyone in the game is a hero just for going through the Portal to explore Verra.
    And... people are going through the Portals to re-discover what is left of Verra.
    "Mass exodus" is overly dramatic.

Mass exodus means "A large quantity of people leaving an area at the same time" Yes that seems accurate. Calling me a hero just for following them is whats a bit dramatic.

In guild wars 1-2 were all heroes. They don't leave any room for interpretation, its a carved linear journey start to finish no matter how you slice it you are a hero. There's not much you can do off the beaten path. You are the main storyline and the storyline is you.

WoW, pretty much same thing. No room for it, even world pvp is just you fighting for your own faction in a subjective good v evil war.

This game leaves a great amount up to interpretation, if you wanna call me a hero for jumping through the portal go ahead. If in the story that is a heroic act then it is what it is. What I do on the other side of the portal will decide my actual story and whether or not I am a hero. No one gets a say in that but me but we can call your view a single outlier perspective. Perhaps if it's written in stone, I am a hero for going into Verra. Of course my intentions are my own so it's only up until I am not. (which of course... I never was or intended to be)
  • Options
    Steven has called it an exodus before. Maybe it was mass, dunno. He has been inconsistent in some of his comments before. It's no biggie.

I mean the poor dude has talked for 16 hours a day for 6 or 7 years, sometimes distracted by birds or swirling grass. He's going to contradict himself occasionally.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    Going for that Arena leaderboard

ncp8tdibxskr.gif
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    AnimusRex wrote: »
    Steven has called it an exodus before. Maybe it was mass, dunno. He has been inconsistent in some of his comments before. It's no biggie.

I mean the poor dude has talked for 16 hours a day for 6 or 7 years, sometimes distracted by birds or swirling grass. He's going to contradict himself occasionally.

Checks out